main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~ The Official Guest Speculation Thread ~*~

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tyles, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Sithman:

There will be autograph opportunities at this celebration? It was my understanding that they purposely shied away from that at the Denver one. I know WOTC is doing this one and they didn't do the last one....

Any info is appreciated :)

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I know that at other Cons, when Star Wars Celebrities are involved, Lucasfilm has struck with them a deal in that a patron pays for the autograph. Depending on what is being signed or done, like a photograph or a specialty item signed, the costs are different. I don't know if the same deal is done for Celebration or not. It's probably up to the stars rather WotC. I am under the impression that actors will be available for autographs, though, just from what is expected.

As far as Mark Hamill goes, don't hold your breath. Actually, don't hold your breath period. As Celebration I proved, things can change and they did. I heard that there were many actors that stepped out at the last minute.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I hear ya Shara. I am very skeptical about that group being there, esp. Natalie. I've heard Peter Mayhew will be there, but I doubt many bigger names will be there, esp for autograph requests.

4. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001

i've been obsessing over this question as well.

in my opinion, i think most of the "supporting" characters should be there: peter mayhew, anthony daniels, richard leparmentier, etc. the people that usually make the convention rounds.

as for ewan: highly, highly doubt it. he doesn't seem the convention type.

as for natalie: in a pig's eye. i don't think she'd be very comfortable at a convention. i would be shocked at her coming to this. can you imagine how she'd be mobbed?

hayden, is another thing. i've been going back and forth. i could see him coming and then i could also see him not coming. he'd probably be mobbed as well.

i really hope that joel edgerton and bonnie piesse come. owen and beru rock!

mark and carrie are possibilities. mark's probably more likely than carrie, but she has come to some disney days before, so it could happen.

anything's possible, i suppose--expect for maybe harrison ford coming.

oh well. hopefully, we'll find out soon!

5. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Indy in Indy?

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Despite how much we'd all love to see Harrison Ford, he's one of the few people who actually had a very popular career after Star Wars that didn't have one before. Therefore, he is probably one of the most likely not to be there.

Anyways I'd start drolling and that just isn't pretty.

7. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Personally, I've never liked the whole autograph thing. To me, it's demeaning both to the fan and the celebrity.

That being said, I have no problem with the stars appearing on stage, giving a talk, interacting with the host, and possibly fielding questions from the crowd (as happened in Denver). If it was that kind of situation, I could see names like Portman and Jackson making an appearance. But sitting at a table signing autographs? No way.

In Denver, there were no autograph tables (but then again, not many celebrities were even there). The announcement about this stated that due to the enormous crowds expected, they didn't want to create an environment in which fans would spend so much time standing in lines. And yes, if you went to Denver, the profound irony of that statement is absolutely hysterical.

Anyway, I think it'll be interesting to see how Wizards handles this issue. I don't think so many stars would be committed to going if they weren't expecting to make a fortune at the autograph tables... unless Wizards was paying them simply to make appearances on stage.

You know, I'd really REALLY like to see Ian McDiarmid make an appearance. He's definitely not part of the normal convention circuit, so I doubt many fans have ever had the chance to see him in person. And since he's definitely a fan favorite, the excitement would be overwhelming. Could you imagine Ian walking on stage, flanked by three or four Royal Guard, as the Imperial March or Sith Theme blares over the speakers?

:)

8. zathraaas

zathraaas Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    While guest and autograph information has not been officially released, I can tell you that at all other WOTC cons, Guests of Honor do sign autographs, and sometimes charge a. Typically a guest would have a selection of photos that they sign for you for a fee. Some will sign one item that you provide at no charge. However, at game conventions, guests are more of a side attraction than they will be at SWCII, so I'd be surprised if there were many signing for free.

9. zathraaas

zathraaas Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    While guest and autograph information has not been officially released, I can tell you that at all other WOTC cons, Guests of Honor do sign autographs, and sometimes charge a. Typically a guest would have a selection of photos that they sign for you for a fee. Some will sign one item that you provide at no charge. However, at game conventions, guests are more of a side attraction than they will be at SWCII, so I'd be surprised if there were many signing for free.

10. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    TK421! TK421! Porkins!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Warrick Davis and Kenny Baker made their appearances - I've seen them both at cons before.

11. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Come on now folks. The two very best preformances (of actors still alive) in all the movies deffinitly came from Ian McDiarmid and Carrie Fisher. Would LOVE to see them both. As for autographs: They are too big of icons for anything like that. I'd be too afraid to ask. (As long as Carrie agrees to marry me!)

12. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Mark Hamill.....

He's all I want to see!
    I'd love to see Harrison Ford too, but that is highly unlikly.

Does anyone know when they are releasing definite information? Let me know if you could anyone?

Thanks

13. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Has anyone heard anything about when any guests will be confirmed. I remember hearing that we should hear something at the end of January, but that never happened. Anyone hear anything?

14. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    I met Sam Jackson at a celebrity golf tournement on Cape Cod last Summer, so it isn't beyond speculation that he might attend. I think the problem with him is that he does so many movies a year that he's considerably busier that most of the other actors.

By the way, I work about 15 minutes from Harvard, if anyone wants me to run over and ask Natalie if she'll be there...

(you have to excuse me, I seem to be under the impression that she'd actually speak to me...)

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] Pass her a note, like in grade school...

Natile -
    Will you go with me to Celebration 2?
    Circle: yes or no

I *heart* U.
    xoxoxoxox
    [face_love]

Go ahead and get a running start from any body guards that may be present. ;)

16. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    [face_laugh] Better yet, get one of your friends to play decoy, so you can actually converse with her. "Uh Natalie, er um duh doh :eek: drool...here is a note." :p

I can only imagine that she would either laugh her head off or just politely smile and say no.

Either way, it would be an experience especially if you get it on camera. Actually, this sounds like something they should do on the Jamie Kennedy show. [face_laugh]

17. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    Ooooo...The Cambells Soup Boy! Hayden: Mmm Mmm Good! I'm a HUGE Hayden fan/Star Wars fan (loved Hays since HG and SW since Return Of The Jedi). That would TOTALLY make my year! I have little online convos w/his dad and have recently asked him if Hayden had mentioned anything about attending the celebration and he still hasnt emailed me back yet, but then again I emailed him only an hour ago. Lordy I hope he says yes! Girls on the Hayden Board all say he will, but c'mon, I don't even know if Liam Neeson will be there! Plus all the screaming teenies...gaaahhh... LOL I told my friends at school 2day that I would even buy him a ticket and he could go w/me (I got nothing but blank stares). ::I wish:: I'd really like to see Ewan and Natalie there. And Mark Hamil would be a thrill. I don't know...BUT I JUST GOT MY TICKETS FOR SATURDAY!!!!! My dad JUST brought them in and set them on my lap and guess what? I got a postcard w/Hays on it...yay

18. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
  19. Darth_Balls

Darth_Balls Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww Yeeeeeeaaahhh!!! Lando will be in the muthaf***in hizay!!!!! I'm gonna down some Colt 45 in honor of da man, fo sheezy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.