main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The official HALO thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    Well, I think Cass and I are going to come out Saturday if she doesn't have to work (she just got a job at a Wilco gas station). Even if she does work, we may still come out there depending on what shift she works, or I may just drop by myself if she has to work late. If no one has any extra controllers, we will just hang out a little bit. Hope to see everyone!

P.S. Directions to Aidon's house are posted in this thread, are they not?

2. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    Don't you just hate those times that as soon as you say something, something else happens immediately after that contradicting what you originally said? Well it has happened here. Cass does have to work Saturday... from 2 PM to 10 PM in Raleigh. So, if I was to come over there before picking her up, I would have to leave as soon as I got there to go and pick her up, and the earliest we could get there from Raleigh would be a little after 11. So it looks like we are out for this week :(. If we had it tonight, we could make it (she works 6 AM to 2 PM), but we can't make tomorrow. Maybe next time.

3. Maul-Madness

Maul-Madness Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    yea im goin to stay all night this time. last time i had to leave early

4. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Well this is unneeded to say, but I will be there.

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey folks! I actually had a chance to get on the boards briefly! Hopefully, once we get things settled in and stuff at the new house, I will be back online more often. By the way, whats going on in the HALO department this weekend??? I want to play again!

6. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    We were wondering the same thing. We may actually be able to make it this week

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, someone please give us a yell, if you think you have a place we can play. I want to play some more "Ghost Recon" games on HALO. :D

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, folks.... Phillip said we could play over at his apartment, so we have a place to play. He lives in Rocky Mount, right off of Sunset. I forgot the name of the apartments, but I will try and get them to post up directions today. Oh, and he has two TVs, already, so we will just need one or two more, depending on how many come along. His X-Box is at the beach, so he has no X-Boxes, so we need to bring those, as well. I will bring mine, along with 4 controllers, and I will have the hub. Who all thinks they can make it, and can you bring an X-Box/TV?

9. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    Is this tonight or Saturday?

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Tonight. Around 10ish pm.

11. MaraBaccaWindu

MaraBaccaWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    We're up for it and we can bring Cameron's controller.Oh and can we get directions.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I will try and get Wes or Phillip to post up directions, I have no way of getting in touch with them right now, though, so it will be later on after 5pm, most likely.

13. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, we (Fett and I) have found a cool place for us to play HALO this weekend. What do you guys and gals say about playing HALO sometime Saturday night at this new place in Roanoke Rapids? Its where Schewels furniture store used to be, and they have it set up for LAN parties and such, with nice chairs, etc. Fett said that they wanted us to do a Star Wars DVD party for when Episode III comes out in November, so I think it would be cool to check the place out. You do have to pay, but its not much. I think Fett said it was something like $4.00 per 2 hours, and they would offer us a group discount if we had a good size group. I am going to be moving the big stuff into the new house on Saturday, (July 30th) and so far I have Fett helping after he gets off from work around 2pm. I could really use all the hands I could get, and then when we get done, we could carpool to Roanoke Rapids and play until whenever. Whoever shows up to help, I will pay for your first two hours, at least, depending on how many show up to help. The reason I say at least, is if 10 folks show up to help, thats going to be around $40 bucks, so depending on how many show up to help us move, I will cover at least that much. Please post and give us an idea if you can make it or not, because I, for one, really need to know ahead of time if you will be able to come help.

Thanks, and let me know!

14. Aidion_Templari

Aidion_Templari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    well, if u dont wanna pay for that many people, you could come to my house on saturday, i have the house to myself again. and this time ill be prepared.

Edit: the reason for this is mainly, me and yumi really dont have the extra funds, or transportation.

15. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Groovy (either way). Me'll help move stuff.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    And that would be cool to me, as well. I just thought folks may want to check it out. By the way, Aidion, I am sure Fett would be glad to give you and Yumi a ride up to my house, if you wanted one. And of course, we would bring you back. :)

17. Aidion_Templari

Feb 26, 2005
    thats cool ill check with christina.

18. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    Neither Cassie nor I mind helping out if we can get away on Saturday. However, I don't think going to the place in Roanoke is a great idea. I thank you for being willing to pay for the first two hours for everyone, don't get me wrong. But $4 for 2 hours and the only thing that is being provided is the link setup? Also, we usually play for way more than two hours... heck, we have had some single games that lasted close to that mark. I just don't think it is enough playing for the buck. If Aidon is kind enough to offer his home for Halo, I think that is the best option, IMO. Either way, Cass and I will be there to help if we can get away.

19. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, I have to disagree. I dont think that is very much at all, and it provides a place for folks to play comfortably. The folks do have to make some money, as it is a business. I definitely think its worth checking out, at some point or another.

20. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    They will stay as long as we want to play..... PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Went back by there last night...They have LIVE!!!!!!! Looks to be Very Interesting..... :D
    They are long time friends of mine...

21. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Its cool with me, if we go over to Josh's house for this HALO get together, since he cannot do that very much. But I DO want to try and go to this place sometime soon. I still say that its not very much to spend to have such a neat place to play.

22. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I have to agree with TR. I don't and can't justify spending 20$ at this place. Not only that, but the gas it takes to get there is just as bad. Also, many of the guys that go with me to our Halo meets, have hardly enough money to eat, let alone spend at this place.

Its a neat idea, but I don't think it is logical place for us to play there. Maybe on days that not a lot of people are going to be playing.

*shrug*

Would be nice to play some day this week.

23. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, its an idea. *I* am going to try it out, especially considering they have X-Box Live there, as well. Anyways, since Josh can host the HALO stuff at his house this Saturday night, I would say we play there. So thats the plan for this Saturday after the moving and stuff is done.

24. Aidion_Templari

Feb 26, 2005
    and ill feed anyone who comes to my halo, considering this is the last one im hosting :(

25. Sunafar

Sunafar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    Hmm...meybe Ill try and show up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.