main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The official HALO thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    words, words, mordy. ;)

Seriously, though... I think you are going to LOVE our ghost recon setup for HALO 2. And you know, a funny thing.... all I am finding myself enjoying on LIVE is slayer matches. I have already gotten up to 11, and I have been winning a good percentage of them. Whats wrong with me??? I remember all I used to want to play is CTF, now I just want to kill, kill, kill. :(

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Hmm, there is some talk of my kids spending the night with the in-laws tonight. Plus the wife is planning on staying in her new place tonight so she can start setting up house. If all that happens, and since Matt doesnt live far at all from me, I MIGHT just pop in and watch you nuts play. Depends on the kids. I'll get up with you later, Riff, to get directions if all is a go.

3. Poldu_The_Wookie

Poldu_The_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2004
    Well, since Matt only live like 3 miles or so from my house it shouldnt be too hard to catch a ride. Anyways, see you all tonight.

4. Master_Johnson

Master_Johnson Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Sorry i missed halo last night guys, :_|, but my mom made me babysit my little brothers.

hopefully i will be able to go next week.

5. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Sorry we could not make it also. But we had no ride, no gas, and had to be somewhere the next day. But Aidion, LPX, and I had a good time playing on live for a little bit.

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Even though I didn't play, I still had a good time hanging out with you guys at Matt's.

7. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I had fun overall, but I didn't like Ghost Recon as much as I do normal games. There are so many combos that you use to battle people with. I feel that without alien weapons, shields and other tactics, I am playing a cheap knock off of Wolfenstein or something along those lines.

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I think its alot more realistic, and alot more fun, myself.

9. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    /snicker... Riff is speaking of realism in a game with infinite lives. I fail to see the correlation between "alot more realistic" and fun... here's an idea play Ghost Recon rules in elimination ( 1 life per player ) and see exactly how much fun "alot more realistic" is ;).

Riff, I agree... on X-Box live slayer games especially those with no shields are great. But when surrounded by a close group of friends... something a bit more team oriented should be the norm not the exception.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    We did play teams.

11. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I should have clarified... I meant a team objective like a flag, assault, or hill to take... team slayers don't require much team work seeing how one person can theoretically kill any other person and you do not need a team to do it... a cool exception to this is juggernaut... a team based slayer to kill a more powerful foe... for those who read this but don't play. :)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

12. Master_Johnson

May 21, 2005
    With Xbox live can two people play on one tv. for example could me and my brother play on our xbox against other people online.

13. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    The Halo world exists with Alien Technology and our more advanced weaponry. I think when shields and other devices are active, it makes the game what it is. I feel that Ghost Recon is more on luck than skill. Lets face it you get the jump on someone from cross the map, one shot they are dead. However, with shields you have to work harder for your kills and you have to use more tactics than what Ghost Recon currently requires.

It seemed to be more of a sniper match rather than in your face killing like we normally do. One thing that I really loath is the Jihad attacks. Your enemy knows he is dead so he drops a grenade in hopes to take you with him. That is not rewarding players who are skilled, it is giving then one who has been found lacking a chance. A normal game, a random grenade from a dieing player is not often enough to kill a person. However, a plasma can, but its harder to do that than it is with a random grenade hitting the ground and going off.

Its a decent change but I am going to pull a George Bush and expect that we keep things the way they were. I had a lot more fun playing Halo like it was intended. I don't mind playing Ghost Recon as long as we don't do it 24/7.

14. Aidion_Templari

Aidion_Templari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    you can play with 3 other ppl on your tv on live

15. Master_Johnson

May 21, 2005
    do they each have to have a subscription.

16. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    No, you just have to all log on under the same name.

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, I had asked Mordtat to post something about playing tonight, and where, but since I havent heard anything from him, Joe-da and I are going to go meet up with Fett and go to the Igames HQ tonight in Roanoke Rapids, and get on LIVE and play. If anyone wants to join us, give me a call on my cell this afternoon.

18. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    We will be playing Halo 2 tonight at Hawthor's house. So if anyone is interested give Hawthor a call and we will try to meet up at 9 p tonight. See you guys if you can make it.

19. Aidion_Templari

Feb 26, 2005
    For the serious live players, heres a good download.

http://personal.stevens.edu/~bbehr

20. Master_Johnson

May 21, 2005
    halo tournament tonight at gamecrazy, 6:00

Probably going to be 4v4 team slayer,new and old maps

$2 to play if you don't have an MVP

21. Master_Johnson

May 21, 2005
    Sorry i waited to post the tournament info so late but, lightning hit the power and phone lines and we lost our router and switch, so our internet is down, along with TV's, answering machines, cd player, stereo, a computer, dvd players.... you get the point basicaly everthing that won't hooked up to a surge protector. This is why i have not been posting recently.

My dad refuses to get a new router until he gets the insurance money.

Anyway after seeing Cam and Ray play I really want to go to one of you'lls halo meetings.

by the way who won the tournament.

22. MaraBaccaWindu

MaraBaccaWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    HALO tonight? hmmmmmmmmmm?

23. Aidion_Templari

Feb 26, 2005
    yeah is there halo tonight?

24. MaraBaccaWindu

MaraBaccaWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Two questions. One are we playing HALO this weekend? And two, does anybody play HALO 1 for the PC?

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm pretty sure we are going to play HALO this weekend, but I wont be able to do it on Friday. I can play Saturday night, if anyone is going to be able to host it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.