main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The official HALO thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybrid_ox

hybrid_ox Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    theres a problem on the message board that you have to click to get to this messageboard it says thats 8 pages but when i click on the #8 it takes me to #7 and dont show a #8???

2. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    nevermind it must of fixed itself

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Look, my dad is dyslexic and my brother is autistic. I'm not one to down a guy over a learning disability. There's a difference between unable and unwilling. I recognize that. However, learning to write properly will have a dramatic effect on the quality of your life, especially in an age where so much communication is done through the internet.

People constantly judge you by the way you communicate. This would be a good place to start practicing and honing those skills. Mordtat has already offered to help you, and I have no doubt that his offer was genuine. At any rate, it's up to you. Do whatever you want. I'm through arguing about this. Just don't be surprised if most of us don't bother to read your posts until they are more coherent.

4. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    i never argue i only defended myself like i do almost everyday in my life....but im stopping , well im going to try to stop with the "unwillingness"... but for now im going to sort out my magic cards and play some games .....

5. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    If you can ever bridge that learning gap, the world will open to you. I feel sorry that you have to deal with such an issue. However, feeling sorry for you will not accomplish anything. If you want to change then "YOU" must take the measures that will send you to your desired destination.

6. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    on the topic of the messed up PS2, it sounds like you are getting the disk read errors. what normally causes that especially in the older models is a gear in the disk drive starts sliding over time by milimeters. what normally fixes the problem is to take the dvd-rom apart and adjust the gear by one thread at a time and test untill you find which direction and what works best. also what i did with mine was i used a modchip, that reduced and even eliminated some of the errors. another thing to think about is if your system is moded, check the mod if the mod is going faulty or the solder joints are breaking that causes the same error due to minor shorts.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Or just pitch the damn thing and start over. :D

8. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    also, are we doing a halo meet this weekend?

9. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    lol eddie, we all aren't rich like you bro...

10. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Don't know about the non-MM folks, but us MM folks are going to Midnight Madness.

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I have to laugh at such a statement, Kazuma.

Ha! :)

12. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    If I do anything Friday night, it will probably going to see Sin City. Maybe hit Ichiban for some sushi. It's been awhile since I've eaten there.

13. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    as the halo meet thing i asked aidion about it and he said that dennise has a new job or something so its everyother friday now

and the ps2 thing im just bout to throw that pos away and get a x-box...what does "just pinch the damn thing and start over" mean???

and also im sorry for all the mispelling word im trying now to help it and sorry for all the mess that happend with me being kinda grammatical special it all just kinda afended me a little....but no more sorry...

14. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    yes i was thinking bout going to go see sin city with aidion if i chould get ahold of him today .....

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Means throw it away and get something new.

16. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    huh?...are u saying by all means or that i meant...?

17. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    also, does anyone else here play magic the gathering?

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Sigh, heres the rundown:

Kazuma was giving you some ideas on what might be wrong with your PS2 and a way to try and fix it. It seemed like a WHOLE lot to do, so I jokingly suggested instead of doing ALL that, you could just throw it away and get something new. It was basically a playfull jab at Kazuma.

19. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    o ok sorry i didnt get the whole pinch thing ...

20. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Alright, a couple of things. First, this friday night would be one of our scheduled HALO meets. However, we will not be doing that this weekend. Friday night, we are going (by we, I mean Joe-da, Fett, and myself, and of course, anyone that wants to meet us there would be more than welcome to join us) to meet at the Cinema and go see Sin City at the 7-ish showing time. After that, we are heading out to Cary to go to Toys R Us for the Midnight Madness event for the new Episode III figures coming out. Anyone else wishes to go, you are more than welcome to join us, but room will be limited in the Durango, but of course if someone else wants to follow us up there, they would be welcome to join us.

Second, I used to play Magic, but I quit a long time ago. It was fun, but I was spending too much money on the cards, where I could focus that money on Star Wars, so I gave it up. I had beta cards from the first set, and entire set of The Dark, and such mess as that.

Third, I have no clue what the third thought is... I guess go back and read the first thought. :D It would be cool to have a crowd show up for Sin City.

Oh, criminy, I know what I was going to say... NEXT Weekend, Fett will have to work Saturday, so we wont be playing HALO on Friday night, either. However, IF he is up for it, we might do a Saturday night thing. Let me check on that.

21. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    im guessing you will be more intrested in saleing them before you give them away right?

22. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    and how many times do i have to read the first comment .....lol

and i guess ill have to go to a halo meet .. like aidion said i should of went to one of them before i signed up for this...so ill prolly be there next friday if theres a halo meat and if aidion doesn't mind.

23. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    don't worrie eddie, some old people phrases are lost on today youth. so ox probably has limited if any experiance dealing with people who have george lucas's grandmother in his year book. don't worry ox, as you get to know eddie you will learn the slang from the 70's... too bad its the 1870's though...

24. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
    and i guess i wont be seeing sin city friday.
    aidion said he wont going he was going to be my ride. lol

25. hybrid_ox

Mar 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.