main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Han Solo Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Agent_SkywalKer, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I got permission and the thread is up here.
    [:D]

As for a new topic for Han...

I don't know if it's already been discussed, but what do you think would have happened if Han hadn't seen Chewie as a slave and was never discharged from the Imperial Navy?

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, from the books it seemed that he only signed up for the Imperial Navy for the job. He never truly believed in their system and ideals. It just took the Empire's mistreatment of another species to push him over the edge.

If Han hadn't been present that day when the Empire was beating on the Wookiees, I think he would have stuck with it a bit longer, but not too much. Afterall, he would have eventually come across what he witnessed with Chewie. It was just a matter of when. And we all know what Han thinks of others being treated as slaves. ;)

Just my $.02 anyway.

3. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I think that's a good $0.02...

I don't think Han was really cut out for the Imperial Navy anyway. Too many rules and regulations for a scoundrel like him.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't think Han was really cut out for the Imperial Navy anyway. Too many rules and regulations for a scoundrel like him.

Very true. It would've only been a matter of time before he either left or did something crazy that would've gotten him kicked out. Actually, didn't he do something crazy in training with a fighter or a transport that earned him the name "Slick"? I always forget the specifics of that one. Yea, I know...shame on me. :p

5. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Actually, didn't he do something crazy in training with a fighter or a transport that earned him the name "Slick"?

In Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (I had to look up he details for it since I forgot...[face_blush]), Han was piloting a U-33. Something happened to the landing gear and he managed to safely land the ship by fixing the inverted landing wings.

I love the description Badure gave of Han: "The kid was gangly, all elbows and ears, and had this big chow-eating grin." :)

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    In Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (I had to look up he details for it since I forgot... blush ), Han was piloting a U-33. Something happened to the landing gear and he managed to safely land the ship by fixing the inverted landing wings.

Yea, that's what I was looking for. Thanks for finding it! :)

As for that description of Han - I think what that Badure guy said sounds about right. [face_love]

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I love reading descriptions of Han. Especially different authors' takes on his (er, Harrison Ford's) crooked smile. There are so many different ways to depict it...and after reading the desctiptions, I'm always left with a nice mental picture.[face_love]

8. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002

Too true. He's just too much of an individual to blindly follow orders that given to him from above. He always one to think for himself instead of always relying on some higher up to think for him.

Also, didn't he graduate from the Academy as Valedictorian?

9. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005

He did? I don't remember. I'll have to look that up.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Yup, he did. He just barely squeezed by Soontir Fel for the top spot. ;)

11. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Was that in the Han Solo Trilogy? It's sad, I can't remember.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No, it wasn't the HST. I think it was in one of the Essential Guides or technical journals. Can't remember which one, though.

13. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Thanks. I was afraid I was really losing my memory for a moment.

14. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Han Solo! What a man!!!

*Signs regestration box*

Cheers_Cazza@};-

15. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Han Solo is a great character who deserves to have a better fan club.

16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Whoa, has been a long time since i've been in here!

hey raditz :D

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! Glad to see this thread upped!

I was worried that we were the only ones here. [face_worried]

18. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    [face_worried]

19. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Ya know the H/L thread in Fan Fic resource was moving pretty fast when we were debating about whether or not Han and Leia did it before he was frozen in carbonite. :eek: (yes I speak of sex)

We could always have a good debate about how much experienced Han had before he met Leia. ;)

20. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I always got the feeling that Han had a lot of one night stands.

Before ESB, it seemed like he didn't want any commitments of any kind - whether it be to organizations (like the Rebellion) or to relationships.

But that's just me.

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Damn straight, Han was the original Pirate pimp. :cool: He was the classic sailor, a girl in every port, no woman could resist his charms. :cool:

IIRC correctly there was a cut (or not even shot) scene in the Mos Eisley Cantina where Han is there with his 'girlfriend' before Luke and Ben arrived

22. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I've seen that shot. I think T-bone's website has it as one of those cutting room floor things. There is an actual picture with him kissing a girl and with his arm around her.

Han is the original SW PIMP, but when did this Player begin his game? :cool:

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, you speak of Jenny. That cut scene is also available on the Behind the Magic CD-ROM. ;)

As for Han and his "experience", I'm gonna have to agree with Liesl and the one night stand thing. Although, I think he may have had some serious ones thrown in here and there. I would also imagine he started fairly young. I mean, he didn't necessarily grow up in the greatest of conditions. Stuff like that probably happened all the time aboard Shrike's ship.

24. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I can just imagine him roaming the bars with Chewie as his 'wingman' [face_laugh]

25. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    On Shrike's ship, I'm thinking it might have been forced on the kids, too. I don't think Shrike was the kind of guy who was above using any means necessary to make some extra credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.