The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    We really need this back. This is the only place to vent our frustrations and of SW novels (See below). If you are unfamiliar with the HC, it is an ancient organization that was created way back before RP clubs were banned and even before the EUM, decline and even a few months before the birth of the EUC (Expanded Universe Community). This resulted from all the various 'I hate Kyp, Bria, KJA, etc.' Not only did we vent our frustrations, but we made fun of it, too. I feel the thing that's really missing in the EUM is a good crotch-kicking of books we don't like. This is a medicinal, civilized way to flame (like in the Senate Floor). So I bring to you a place to get mad. For those old enough to miss this place and for those new enough to experience it the first time, go ahead.

I tell you what I hate: people who get the new NJO books weeks before the release date. So now not only do I have to waste my time wishing that any books store will make a mistake I know they won't make, and put it out early. Man, it really bugs me that I have to wait as long for a book that some guy who's not even a SW fan can buy it before me because he goes by Borders every morning for some coffee and something to read before work. Dammit!

1. Removed "...and other JCers (behind their backs, of course)." Not that there's been a problem with this, but flaming other JC'ers is not an acceptable use of this thread.
    2. Reposting the following excerpt from Hater's Community founder, barnsthefatjedifrom his prior incarnation of this thread:

No doubt many of you have entered this thread out of either curiousity or with the pure intent of criticising me for being so immature, stupid, yada, yada, yada....

Well this ís the place where people who are not afraid or ashamed of expressing their disgust for **CERTAIN ASPECTS** of the EU, in a rational, sensible manner. Let me once again emphasise that this is not a thread for bashing all of the EU. I along with many others who participate in the various ______haters unite threads enjoy the EU novels as much as anyone else.

However, as good as most of it may be, it is NOT perfect. We all have that certain character or book that we loath and wish was never dumped into the GFFA. Well everyone, this thread is the place to be to express and discuss your various distastes with fellow JC members. Some may call it bashing, I'd call it criticism. However you word it there is nothing wrong with discussing the negative aspects of the EU. Just as the fans of whatever the book or character may be are allowed to voice their opinions, so should those of us with opposite views be able to discuss ours...

Get posting!
      />
    />
  2. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me too! Wimpy Borders! *Homer-like* Oooooohhh......
  3. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not going to even bring up TIE Fighters. But, since I seemed to have, I'll complain about 'em. WT* were Imperial engineers thinking when they designed this? 'Well lets design a fighter that has no landing gear, life support, shields, armor, or anything else that you want in a military craft. Sure the Empire can afford 2 death stars, but they're not going to spend a dime on a decent front-line fighter or training for the pilots who'd strap them on'. Dumbasses, and the authors never even tried to make a superior fighter, or even 'stoop so low' as to use designs in games.
  4. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There is no hate, there is only peace....

Who the hell thought that up? The whole Jedi mantra is screwed, if you ask me. There is no death, only the Force. People die, don't they? Even Jedi. What a load of bullcrap.
  5. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    KN's like a bad TV producer, when he runs outta ideas he nabs old ones up. :p
  6. JacoMcCloud Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What are we supost to be hating.
  7. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Ahh...my little newbie....if you only knew. The Haters' community was for people who hate certain things about the EU, we went through like 5,000 of 'em.
  8. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    shakes fist

I'll give you something to hate, punk!
    ;)
  9. lexu Force Ghost

star 6
    What a splendid idea. Hate is one of my favorite pastimes. Especially hating things that no one else cares about.

Hmm, where shall I begin? Should I put this in rant form? It's so hard to pick just one thing to go off about.

Okay, here's one. Why the F do people think that Kyp should be with Jaina? I mean, ugh. And people are so adament about it! I mean, honestly, who's better? Handsome, charming, age-appropraite guy who owns something called a clawcraft, so you know it has to be cool. Or Mass-murdering, manipulative, lying, scruffy-looking thirty-soemthing guy? Jeez, they mention him breifly having impure thoughts about her and all of a sudden their an inevitable item? Get a grip, people.

And hey, why the hell is there a Wurth Skidder fan club? He's mentioned about six times in the whole series, all times as a complete jackass, and he has a following?
  10. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Exactly, lexu! Wurth Skidder didn't realy do anything, except prove his stupidity in letting himself be taken!
    And where did that get him?
    DEAD!!!!

And then there's a Twin Suns fanclub.
    WT*?
    Do people even think aboout what they're doing, or are they just creating fanclubs for the sake of it? It's ridiculous! Twin Suns is a crappy squadron if you ask me. [face_plain]
  11. Heather_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Now I see myself a SW fan, but there are just somethings I can't stand. Like MJ. Bad feeling about that girl I have- just can't stand her.
    Those tie fighters- I totally agree.
    And though NJO books have enough to complain about I still have huge problems with AOTC that I won't get into.
    Plus those twits that get a book almost 2 weeks early, I hate them as well, KansasNavy. What in the H, E, double hockey sticks makes them soo speical to get the book so early?

Oh well, just venting!
  12. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ..wuzzat? My Wurth-sense is tingling.. Someone's badmouthing Wurth!

Cut that out! :p

(He was a pretty prominent player in Agents of Chaos II.. They even developed his character like he was actually gonna be around, some! His dying was obviously some form of error/oversight)

13. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He wasn't neccessary!
    "Quick, add a character so we can kill him off a day later! SOMEONE MUST DIE!!!"
  14. -Ace- Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll tell you what I hate. I hate how authors make Luke out to be this weak little pansy @$$ who can't lift his own lightsaber. I hate where he gets a little tap on the shoulder and he's knocked out. I mean Courtship of Princess Leia the Dothomori witch knocks him out, Children of the Force he apparently get knocked out by Gamorreans like 3 times, Crystal Star he becomes this little pile of jelly without the force, and New Rebellion he is nearly 'killed' when he lets the X-Wing crash. What do authors have against Luke making him into this weak little man. I think its unfair.
  15. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    PLUS in the NJO they made him out to be a spineless weasel compared to Kyp Durron's offensive strategies :mad:
  16. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ..Hmmmm..i dunno if i'd say he wasn't necessary..

The scenes with Wurth served to further our understanding of the Vong Yammosks, and the fact that they aren't so easily fooled by Jedi Mind tricks, and such..

I'll admit, to me his death does seem a bit like overkill(Of course, i'm a Wurth fan, so i was hoping he wouldn't die).. But on the other hand, i guess it's necessary to show that the Vong don't always lose to the Jedi, too..(Seems like, for the most part, anytime a group of Vong face off against a Jedi, the Jedi comes out on top..)
  17. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Can you feel the love in the room? [face_devil]

I hate stupid drivers....can I say that here?
  18. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Drew: Why are you a Wurth fan anyway? ?[face_plain] What is there to start a fanclub about? An egotistical fool who did little but get himself killed?
  19. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ..well, he was definitely cocky.. And, in the end, he definitely underestimated the threat and overestimated his abilities as a Jedi..

But his brashness and/or cockiness really appealed to me..For whatever reason (which, truly, i don't think i can really explain) Wurth's intro in "Vector Prime" really left a lasting impression on me...I really wanted to see more of the guy, and in AoC II, i got that wish, and enjoyed the results.. We got inside of his head, a little bit (Okay, a VERY little bit), and i found myself wishing for more of the guy.. Too bad they knocked him off.. He was a character with great potential, which i guess, in the end, is the reason i liked him. He had alot of potential...

I tend to like those characters.. The underrated type...

Knowing that he was a follower of Kyp Durron is another reason i liked him.. I really like Kyp's ideals and attitudes, in the NJO...
  20. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wurth = Egotistical fool :)
  21. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ....but his heart was in the right place ;P
  22. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wurth = Dead, egotistical fool with a big heart.

My point stands.
  23. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...oh admit it.. You're starting to warm up to the corpse.. ;)

(At least he was pro-active! He tried to make a difference.. Oh, how i loved that dumb lug)

Oh, and as for Luke: I think the current problem is Mara.. I get SOOOO sick of the Luke-Mara cutesy-bootsy scenes...
  24. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, Wurth = DEFW/ABH

And Luke hasn't had his chance to shine yet. Allston did him justice in RS
  25. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...i hope so.. I was a bit late getting into the NJO.. I'm halfway thru Edge of Victory II right now.. (another thing i hate is Jacen Solo.. I keep hearing that, eventually, he'll be the star of the NJO.. If so, then I sure hope his character undergoes a major overhaul, cause he is annoying as all getout! I wanted to stand up and clap when Han shot him down for not wanting to take part in the pirate-like raid...)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.