main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsDweeb

StarWarsDweeb Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    Yeah, Jacen naming his Star Destroyer after Anakin is just a disgrace. I hope that when he finally realizes that he is pathetic and doesn't deserve to live, he ought to see Anakin's Force Ghost, just shaking his head and walking away from Jacen and then Jacen gets killed. Awesome way to end Legacy of the Force...[face_praying] :cool:

2. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    If I were Anakin, I'd want a long life for Jacen so I wouldn't have to put up with him.

3. SuperJediMan

SuperJediMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2007
    NP edit: If you hate the entire EU, then I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum. ;)

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Seeing Jacen fall as a Sith!! I love Jacen and if he kills his parents or Tenel Ka or worse yet, if he dies...
    Ewoks. How very annoying. Luckily their appearances were few and far between.
    The Bounty Hunter Wars were so boring. Are they even canon?
    Tahiri being so childish at the beginning of NJO, but so adult by the end.
    Onimi. What a pest.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    There's no real problem with Tahiri being childish, it's just that...
    kids grow up fast, but not that fast, not even with Riina put into the equation.
    In Conquest, she can't even fly a freighter, but two years later, she's running her own fighter squadron?
    Give me a break.
    Although...
    sigh.
    considering she never made it to the end of Conquest, I shouldn't really be that hard on her. I...

All right.

I admit it.

I hate Tahri's body. Or whomever is occupying it

Die! Tahiri's body! I HATE you.

Yes! I hate you Riinhiri. I HATE you.

Are you happy now, Thrawn?
    I'll go back to my denial phase now if you don't mind.

6. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Overall, I think like the EU, and I normally tend to inherit a state of denial when I see something that I don't like, in the sense that I don't like to consider it Star Wars. Though I am going to give my opinion on bits and pieces of the EU that I do hate, as they seem to be popping up more and more frequently.

I hate:

- Thrackan Sal-Solo
    - The Corellian Trilogy
    - Children of the Jedi
    - Splinter of the Mind's Eye
    - Kueller
    - Siri Tachi
    - Just about every single romance post-OT
    - The inconsistensies of many characters' personalities during the NJO
    - Waru
    - Love and the Jedi post-OT (this new philosophy, that is, that love is acceptable and such, romance and the like, it's just getting boring and I don't like the philosophy itself)
    - Ysanne Isard
    - Mara Jade (she was alright in the Thrawn Trilogy, though afterwards...)
    - Junior Jedi Knights
    - Crystal Star

I could go on.

A few of my favorite sources of EU:

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
    KOTOR the videogame (1 and 2)
    Labrynth of Evil
    Shatterpoint
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    The Thrawn Trilogy

I think these are among the best pieces of EU I have ever read/played, and I wish more of these caliber novels/video games were released, though unfortunately, we get books with extra-dimensional blobs, clones of everyone who's ever been thought up, etc.

7. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    As far as reading in the EU, I loved the Thrawn Trilogy.

Han sounded like Han, And Leia was ok.

Luke I didn't like.

"This is Jedi master Luke Skywalker."

Man he thinks just cause he's the last Jedi trained around that he's the "master."

Whatever Luke.:rolleyes:

After the Thrawn Trilogy thou, I hated the EU, I read some books like Children of Jedi and the first few chapters of the NJO.

I just didn't like it, No one sounded like they should.

One little thing that bugs me is, we always see Luke using the force and what not. What about Leia she has the power to but nooo.

She sucks and but her kids end up being really strong in the force. They grow up be super Jedi that are pretty much emo all the time. wth up with that anyway?

And back to the kids, we never get see them grow up like kids at all! What we seem at 2-3-5 years old.

What about at 7.8,9 10,11, or 12 years old. What about there teen years?

Oh thats not important will just skip their child hood.

And the killed chewie that was just wrong to me, and mad not want to read anywhere past that.

Who will they kill next Leia or Han Maybe Luke?:rolleyes:

Oh the other hand KOTOR 1 & 2 were good games, it would be nice not to pick a Jedi or Sith or whatever.

I think that would of added more replay value to the game.

Oh yeah and the JA books with Young Obi-wan and Qui-Gon were alright.

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I Hated it when Chewie was killed off. I agree with KILIK. That was just wrong.
    The SW family seemed so incomplete after that.

9. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    For the most part, I agree with KILIK. The character continuity (personality-wise) was horrible. And I'm not talking maturing over the years kind of personality change, going from children to adolescent to fully-fledged Jedi or something similar. In the span of a few years during the NJO, we had a major problem with this, that was one of the biggest annoyances to me personally.

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, given all the hate going round I thought for sure someone would say they hated Allana's speech in Tempest! Well I did. Her lisp and baby talk were not cute. she sounded dumb and she's suppose to be a Force sensitive and heir to the throne of 63 worlds!!! :rolleyes:

While I'm at it I hated the way Denning made 8 year old Ben a dork! the kid held his nanny droid's hand! He let Nanna carry him! What a baby!!!!!!

But when he writes teens they miraculously morph into adults! :rolleyes:

I like this "hate" community! That was a good vent! :D

11. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I hate not knowing wht the Inferno cover looks like.

12. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    To dust off an old chestnut, I hate how the Jaina/Zekk relationship that was so nicely built up in YJK get thrown out the window in favour of Jagged Fel. I used to hate Jag too. He seemed to have too much of an "I'm so perfect" jock-type of vibe.
    I no longer hate Jag though. If anything, I just hate the fact that Jaina's love life is still not decided.
    And the waiting. Man, I hate the long waits between book releases. Why did it have to be three months? Why not just two? The wait makes the whole Jaina issue even worse.

Also, I hate people who hate Zekk. Especially those who see him as an obstacle to Jaina getting back with Jag. I still want her and ZEKK to get together, but in the end, I just want him to survive, and have the fans accept him for who and what he is.

Anyway, other things I don't like include:
    -Jacen turning Sith
    -Chewie and Anakin dying
    -Many of my other fave YJK characters dying (including Em-Teedee, he was a cool droid!)
    -The fear that a character that I care about could die (this seems to be rather likely in Sacrifice)

There are other things, but I can't think of them right now.

Oh, also, I hate the fact that there are currently no plans to make KOTOR3. Come on! I want to know what happens to Revan. He and Bastila should get a happy ending at least.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I hate Legacy of The Force. They even made Aaron Allston write a terrible novel (Exile). I am so pissed at that series. I was sitting down and reading Exile and then I came to a conclusion: This is all crap (my 'colorful' language can't be posted here). From the way the characters are written to their terrible dialogue, "My father used to complain about his hyperdrive failing. Make sure she can only use one jump and let her see if she can make it," or something whereabouts. It was a terrible line and that was one of my WTH moments. I think they're trying too hard to make him seem evil and he just seems cheesy. True evil is much more insidious, true evil has much better dialogue. The end. If I didn't hate wasting money I'd burn that book.

14. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Wow, FID, for once we agree on something! :p

I'm thinking of burning my books but I don't think I could actually go through with it. I don't really believe in burning books. Maybe I'll donate them to the library or something.

15. lowbacca_solo_choice

lowbacca_solo_choice Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2007
  16. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    There is no character in the SW universe yet that I dislike more than Thrackan Sal-Solo. He was horrible as a child in the Han Solo Trilogy and now a pure venomous snake as an adult. I'm so sorry that he's related to our beloved Han Solo. Die, Thrackan, die! :mad:

I must vent again that I'm still very upset that Anakin Solo was killed. Why him?? He's one of the best SW characters ever and they kill him. [face_frustrated] I love Chewie but his death didn't upset me as much as Anakin's. Can't they have him back as a Force ghost and not just name things after him? After Obi-Wan died he was always talking and appearing to Luke. Why not Anakin?

I was a Jag/Jaina fan but I haven't read any books in between Star By Star and Betrayal and now Jaina and Zekk seem suitable as well. But I do wish Jaina would pick somebody and not have all these different authors hinting that she could be linked with several different guys.

Jacen turning to the dark side? And Luke did it too? Knowing the pain and horror that their close relative suffered and caused others to suffer, I can't imagine Vader's son and grandson willfully repeating his life-altering mistake - for any reason. It makes no sense. [face_not_talking]

17. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    I was a Jag/Jaina fan but I haven't read any books in between Star By Star and Betrayal and now Jaina and Zekk seem suitable as well. But I do wish Jaina would pick somebody and not have all these different authors hinting that she could be linked with several different guys.
    If you think the authors are bad, that's nothing compared to the fans constantly predicting what they think will happen, although in most cases it's just what they want to happen. I will agree that it's rather annoying. At this point, she is being portrayed as less like the Sword of the Jedi, and more like a bitchy little slut who goes around breaking men's hearts. That is definitely not the Jaina Solo I used to know and love.

Jacen turning to the dark side? And Luke did it too? Knowing the pain and horror that their close relative suffered and caused others to suffer, I can't imagine Vader's son and grandson willfully repeating his life-altering mistake - for any reason. It makes no sense.
    Yet another thing I have a problem with. [face_frustrated] Does everyone in the Skywalker and Solo families suffer from some form of mental retardation? (No offense to anyone who does, OK?)

18. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I hate that too! It makes a mockery of Anakin - and I find it hard to believe that even Jacen would see it as an appropriate way to honor his brother.

19. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    It makes a mockery of Anakin - and I find it hard to believe that even Jacen would see it as an appropriate way to honor his brother.

Yeah well, clearly Jacen is not thinking properly nowadays. That brings me to another thing I hate: the fact that the Jacen Solo I used to enjoy reading about in YJK has now become a murderous Sith Lord. In fact, I hate that all of the YJKs are now such frighteningly different characters. It's just sad and depressing.

20. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    I hate that they are making Jacen become a sith and in the first place the crap he was force-fed (pun intended) by Vergere. Oh!No Dark side or lightside![face_liarliar] It destroyed him and the New Jedi Order that sounded promising. I have say I enjoyed the long drawn out war effect in the NJO more realistic. To make matters worse he is taking ben down with him. He was very promising now he is trying to do everything Jacen does.

Okay I'm done.:mad:

Oh, and The Inferno cover is on Wikipedia I think.

21. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I really don't like the Solo kids.

Well I guess Anakin thou I have no idea how to picture him in my head.

I keep thinking he looks like Anakin Skywalker.

Anyway, Anakin got killed the only cool Solo kid.

Jaina became a slut and pro at breaking men's hearts.

She hates her mon, she's just a b****!

Well she grow up into one I guess.

And her twin brother I got two words for him. Emo boy.

He's got a big ego thinks he's better then Anakin and thinks he's right about everything. :rolleyes:

The last thing its weird seeing the name Solo with Jedi or Jedi knight or what have you.

I guess because Han isn't a Force user. I use to think it sucked that Leia sucked with Force. But I don't think she needs to be a pro at it just very good with it.

As for Han I would feel a little weak if my wife or kids could send me flying with the wave of their hand.

22. TKG889

TKG889 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2007
    No one has said anything about Ben Skywalker. Am I the only book reader who can't stand that kid? He starts out as a frightened child who very early on shows no love nor respect for his parents. In one instance he wished Han Solo was his father and followed him around like a puppy for a while. As he got older, and got over his fear of the force, nothing changed in his attitude toward his parents. He didn't like them. He treated them like crap, refused to listen to them, lied to them over and over, but in the latest book we are supposed to start understanding him because he had a grown-up talk with his mother and realized how much he loved her.
    I must have thrown the book on the floor at least three times as Mara agonized over how she and Luke made Ben the way he is. Don't the writers read each other's books? Previous writers had BEN make himself the way he is! He pulled away from his parents and shut them out himself. You can't just readjust his whole attitude by letting him have a grown up heart to heart with his mother and come out from that few minutes completely changed. Then his behavior later on - well, I can hardly describe it. Why did he not question Jacen being in the cave? Why didn't he tell his father everything he knew?
    I hope he doesn't come out of the series as the hero. He doesn't deserve it.

Good idea for a forum. I wish I found it a long time ago. Maybe I can stop throwing SWEU books on the floor now.

23. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I hate how DR took a concept that could have been great (NJO) and made a mess out of it.
    SW novels will never be serious literature, DR. Just face it! [face_shame_on_you]

Killing off Anakin Solo was the worst mistake ever. I'm also upset about the following deaths: Chewie, Fey'lea, Viqi Shesh, Ganner, Nen Yim, Vua Rapuung and probably a couple more.

I hate how Ben Skywalker seems to be DR's poor man's Anakin Solo. He's 14 and going on assassination missions? That's just ridiculous! Just bring back Anakin already. There would even be ways to make it plausible. But no, they think their story is too cool. :rolleyes:

I HATE DelRey! [face_beatup]

I also hate the Jaina/Jag 'ship. It's boooring. Hate, hate, hate the J/J/Z excerpt from Inferno. It's like a really bad fanfic...

24. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    I HATE DelRey!

I also hate the Jaina/Jag 'ship. It's boooring. Hate, hate, hate the J/J/Z excerpt from Inferno. It's like a really bad fanfic...

Why Evie, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you're a woman after my own heart. ;)

Seriously though, that whole thing HAS gone on for far too long, hasn't it?

25. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    Hell that triangle should have ended back near the end of the NJO. Jag should have proposed. I mean how long did they go out?!!Then she just has one crazy Killik induced night with Zekk and he is the new love interest. Man can't she settle down and have some kids for christ sakes shes 30 years old!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.