main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solobratz

solobratz Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Well, actually, Jaina kinda liked Zekk first. I'm not a heavy duty shipper for J/Z, but it's not like he's her "new" love interest. I do agree that she should settle down with someone, preferably someone other than Jag. I honest-to-god hate Jag Fel. He's such a Gary Stu. He's a Corellian raised by the Chiss, for crying out loud!

2. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Well, actually, Jaina kinda liked Zekk first. I'm not a heavy duty shipper for J/Z, but it's not like he's her "new" love interest. I do agree that she should settle down with someone, preferably someone other than Jag. I honest-to-god hate Jag Fel. He's such a Gary Stu. He's a Corellian raised by the Chiss, for crying out loud!

Well, believe it or not, in LOTF Jag's new rugged persona has actually started to interest me. But I still think he's an arrogant pr!ck most times, and I still ship Jaina/Zekk loyally. Um, who exactly is this "Gary Stu" character that you keep comparing Jag to?

And I hate how people pick on Zekk, mainly because they feel he is encroaching on "Jag's territory". Well, Zekk was there first, so if anything, Jag is the one encroaching.

And I absolutely HATE how many people assume that Jaina will go back to Jag on account of the Fel dynasty being Force-sensitive and having the same colour hair as her. Come on, that's a VERY VAGUE connection at best people!

3. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    I kinda of knew that i was just saying it only took one night and they were back at it hot and heavy. I actually am a Jagged Fel fan though.

4. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Well, I could say I hate how people assume Jaina will go back to Zekk cause he was there first. But I won't. ;)
    Let me put it this way: when your favorite ships try to kill each other, you need to cling to all the hope you can get. :p

Anyway.
    I'm really starting to hate Star Wars.
    And I'm getting sick of the fan debates.
    I used to enjoy it, but lately I've been viewing it as more and more silly and pointless.
    So I guess I like the concept of Star Wars. I like the galaxy.
    I just don't care for what canonly goes on in that galaxy.

5. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Hm, you do present a lot of good points SoloFel_RebelGirl. As much as I like Star Wars and the idea of it, the events that canonically happen in the galaxy ARE getting quite annoying.

6. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I HATE how they have reduced Jaina to her relationships.
    I HATE how chauvinistic Star Wars has become. It's depiction of women was more modern around 1980, for frak's sake!

Under the current circumstances I'd prefer Jaina to stay single. Either Jag or Zekk seem far too immature for their ages, which wouldn't make a good combination with Jaina's own problems.
    If the Fel dynasty is her offspring I think I would stop reading that crap. If I hadn't done so long ago. :p

Furyan_Jedi_13, how did you guess I didn't really like Zekk, either? ;)
    Though I have to say, he's probably the lesser of two evils now.

7. EvieSolo

Mar 11, 2005
    Since the number of people HATEing the current canon is increasing, isn't it time to make Jacen flow walk back to the planning of the Myrkr mission and intervene with the most ridiculous plan the galaxy has ever heard of?

8. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Furyan_Jedi_13, how did you guess I didn't really like Zekk, either?
    Though I have to say, he's probably the lesser of two evils now.

Um, actually, I didn't. I've strongly supported Jaina/Zekk since YJK, and I thought you felt the same way. I'm REALLY sorry for misreading you. [face_blush]

Though I will probably agree that neither of the "boys" (could hardly call them men at this point) are good enough for her, and in a way they are both too good for her. So let's just hope that we read about Jaina kicking some Sith a$$ in the near-future! That'd be good enough.

And from what you say, you stopped reading quite a while ago. From your signature, I'm guessing that happened around Star by Star. Am I correct?

I'm not scrutinising you. In fact, I didn't even touch the NJO at all! I bought Vector Prime and the Dark Tide duology years ago, and I haven't even touched them. I probably will one day though. But to me, the NJO could have done a LOT better!

9. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Heh. If anything, Jaina's the immature *****. Jagged and Zekk are much too good for her, and I wouldn't want to see either one of them stuck with her current problems.

And she was such a normal, seemingly well-developed child...

10. solobratz

solobratz Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_laugh]That I'd like to see. Jag and Zekk ignoring her completely in their search for Alema woul really make LotF for me. Also, a Gary Stu is a male version of a Mary Sue. See Here

11. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    Yeah I have been kinda hating the canonical events myself after I heard Jacen was becoming a Sith I have stopped reading LotF.

Jaina is definitely too immanture she is first most a jedi not a pilot and shouldn't be worrying about love interests but worrying about her brother's slide to the dark side.

12. Firaga

Firaga Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2007
    I hate all Star Wars books.

13. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Jaina is definitely too immanture she is first most a jedi not a pilot and shouldn't be worrying about love interests but worrying about her brother's slide to the dark side.

Well, in Sacrifice, Jaina admits to Mara that she didn't want to think about Jacen's behaviour, so she was using Zekk and Jag to distract her from it. After Mara died, she decided that she was done with both of them, and wanted to focus on being the Sword of the Jedi instead. And from what I've read in the Inferno excerpt, she is still maintaining that stance. Although the boys are still acting like idiots :rolleyes: .

Oh, and Mara's death. That's another thing I didn't like. I know it was pretty much essential to the story, but still... :_|

14. EvieSolo

Mar 11, 2005
    Oh, come on! No need to apologize. ;)
    Though I own all of the YJK and JJK books (lucky me), I only read the first YJK. Therefore I didn't have any attachment to Zekk and he couldn't pull me in in NJO. Out of all the options there were for Jaina, I think Kyp Durron would have fitted her the best. I really liked their interaction and the UST in Rebirth and Dark Journey.

Not quite. I stopped at the end of the NJO. There was still hope until then. :p
    I have however tried to keep somewhat up to date by reading summaries and discussions.
    I completely agree with you that NJO could/should have been better. It's still an ok-read. So make sure you catch up someday. As I will with YJK/JJK. :)

I don't really mind MJ's death, but the way Jacen killed her. He should have beat her fair and square, not by deception.
    Another thing that bugs me is that I don't see her being a big sacrifice for Jacen. I know he thought about Ben etc blah blah... still, that seemed cowardly. Choose someone more significant, moron.

15. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Just upping this thread, because I have nothing better to do with my time.

Now that I think about it, the whole EU is starting to go down the crapper.

16. GlennSolo

GlennSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2007
    Hi new im new to the forums, you say that Jacen should not have used deception to beat MJ but is deception not the way of the Sith?.

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    *steps in and waves*

I'm actually an EU lover, but the way MJ had to die just isn't right.
    Of course, deceptin is the way of the Sith, but just to honor MJ's character, she should have been given a decent death.

Poison, a coward's way out, I think. Jacen should have faced her like a real Sith, hand-to-hand combat.

18. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    You know what I hate?

Bacta

It just pisses me off. It's such a cure-all. It can be the ultimate get-out-of-permanent-damage-or-maiming card. So long as all your parts are present, have someone toss you in a vat of bacta, and - presto! Couple days later it's like nothing ever happened.

And authors seem inconsistent about it a lot, so it only works when it's convenient. Stackpole always has Corran getting the spit kicked out of him with serious internal injuries, only to have a brief stint in a bacta tank and come out new. But when Leia's legs get smashed it's a huge crisis like she might lose them or never walk again - I guess there was that excuse of a YV toxin or somesuch, but seriously, what the kriff? And how come Vader never used bacta? Sure his appendages were out of luck but it could have helped with the burns.

And it has other uses, like numbing. Numbing bacta? Isn't it already enough of a deus ex machina that it has to come in numbing varieties too?! Arg, that was the last straw for me. I'm glad I already read about The Bacta War, because if I hadn't, at this point, I don't think I could have stood to.

19. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Flow-walking. I really hate it. Along with the rest of the LOTF series...

20. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I hate when they change things that has Canon but now isn't....Flow walkings cool but not when he can change the past...bad flow walking...bad solo

21. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    I hate G0T0 - the KotOR II designers should be ashamed to have stuck people with that poor excuse for a party member. It's not even worth equipping him, I never take him anywhere. I wish I could blast him out an airlock.

And I hate Mara Jade.

22. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I do like the KOTOR era, simply cause there so much.

Its I guess my favorite part of the EU.

Something I don't like is how they destroyed Han and Leia.

Anther thing is.

Its not really far to Han when his kids are super Jedi's.

In a way they could kill him at anytime just send him flying across the room and, Leia well she doesn't have much of a better chance then Han.

Man it wouldn't be raising those kids in their teen years, maybe Anakin would be ok, maybe. Anakin just seems to suffer from a lot of self doubt and fear and emotional problems.

so he might go crazy on them then.

Oh wait the Eu skipped that made them go from weak kids to super jedi problems fixed.:rolleyes:

23. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    I hate that the EU never really capitalized on Leia's Jedi heritage. I'd really have liked to see her and Luke training together more, maybe have an adventure post-RotJ where they bond, kick some butt with the Force, etc. I hate that Del Rey shafted Leia big time (Bantam doesn't get off without criticism, but at least they occasionally really let Leia bust out with a saber and the Force) during the NJO, turning her into a total Force weakling without the respect of her daughter.

And I still hate Mara Jade.

24. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005

I don't like Luke very much but if something like happened in the EU I would read it.:)

Cool idea Rebel.

25. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Thanks! I would read it too.

And I hate that this thread isn't seeing much action these days. Where's the hate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.