main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaDan

JaDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2008

2. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Okay, here we go.

I hate how EU characters have been portrayed NJO-Beyond. It's like DR is trying to heap pointless situations on our characters just to make them more realistic.

Jacen: I still don't know how he is a sith lord. He hasn't done anything worthwhile to be considered one , and became a sith lord for 4-5 books only to be killed later. let me tell you, he is no Sith Lord. Never will be.

Jedi: Barely 100 years, and they are already being hunted down yet again?!

3. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    I hate the Anakin Solo too. I also hate the bashing a certain annoying little git does to Anakin's name.:mad:

Putting this in black just in case not all of you have read Invincible:

I absolutely hate hate hate that they killed off Jacen. I was hoping Jaina would pull a Nomi.

4. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I hate the fact that Daala is reintroduced [even to the characters in the book] in 8th book of a 9 book series and then by the end of that final book is COS!

I hate even more that Han Solo thinks it's a good idea.

I hate that Caedus' death ended the war instantly.

I hated the length of Invinsible! Hello! un out of ideas Troy? Ever hear of expanding on the details a bit, nothings been that cut off since Dark Journey!

I hate that LOTF happened over a short time period. And I apologize to those I might offend, but I still don't get the need to have Mandolorians in the series.

And I hate that Ben is portrayed as so mature. Let him be a kid.

5. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm with you - on both of sentences. I planned on waiting til the end of LotF to decide if I would read it, and that ensured that I wouldn't. I also have no interest in anything set after it involving the Skywalker-Solos. Now, they've knocked off not only the best chance for a torch bearer, but his understudy. Jacen was the only interesting person left. Not as great as Anakin, but someone I at least cared about.

And I hate Mara Jade. I'm sorry for her fans and the loss they feel, but really, I hate her. I can't even bring myself to read Survivor's Quest, despite that I'm for all things Chiss and Thrawn, because I'm so tired of her Sue-ing all over the place.

6. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    I hate that Luke has become useless. In the NJO he won't act unless his wife or son are involved. And in LotF he won't act when Mara dies because he's 'too close' to the situation.

So, really, what's the point of Luke anymore?

7. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    *sigh*

I'm truly sorry to all who adore them, but I hate the Mandalorian's place in LOTF. To me it was one gaping plot device and annoying detail we didn't need. Boba should never have crawled out of the Sarlaac. Jaina turned into a Mando-worshiping freak, and I basically skipped through all the Mando parts until it actually had to do with the plot.

I hate that it took Jaina a decade to become 'Sword of the Jedi'. I thought it was something she would become, not discover through desperate means. It's almost as if her Sword of the Jedi title is only important in Invincible, and the rest of the time it's just another issue she can angst over.

Also, I agree with KissMeImARebel on the issue of Luke-- not because I hate him (which I could never) it just seems that he is pushed out of place in LOTF. He can't quite decide to be a powerful Grand Master, commanding and making choices but not actually acting, or just moping and reconsidering the dark side for the thousandth time. He used to be an amazing character who I would skip through entire books just to read the action scenes with him in it ... now I am just disappointed in my favorite hero.

*slips out of thread*

8. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah I don't hate him either. I hate what's been done to him. I love Luke - but DR is starting to push my limits.

9. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Luke really has become something of a toothless lion, such a shame.

you only have to compare him with the previous Jedi Grand Master Yoda. Even at 900 years old he still kicked Dooku's @%& and not to mention he took on Plapatine, even if he did loose:p

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I would have just had Luke die rather than Mara.

I mean, I love Luke as a character from the films themselves, but of all the books he's been in and the way he;s been written into them, its not the same Luke as I remembered. :(

NOJ series was a waste...Legacy should have been in its place.

11. ElSoccomundo

ElSoccomundo Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    I hate LOTF. It was stupid in every way. I esp hated what a joke of a Sith Jacen was, when he was one of the greatest Jedi in generations. From his goofy clothes to his incredibly lame justifications, using children, and the sacrifice du jour to angst over, he was nothing but annoying. Not scary, not thoughtful, not compelling, just metal claw on chalk board annoying.

I hate how Luke is the most pathetic excuse for a Jedi Master I have ever seen. He's just pathetic with his endless Mara worship. It's good she died so he could get his attention off his velcro fly and onto the fact that he's supposed to be leading a new ORDER of Jedi!!!!!!!!!

He has yet to live up to his self styled master of the universe title he gave himself. Letting a bunch of sleazy old Imperials take over the galaxy wasn't very bright either. This is Luke Skywalker?

I hate how Han and Leia don't care about their only sona nd feel happy that as long as they get his kid, then all is fine and dandy! Poor Allana.

I hate Allana's ridiculous replacement name. Amelia? Is this 19th century earth? Why not Kara, Nyrah, or Teneel, or Hannah?

Mandos. I hate them to death.

12. TKG889

TKG889 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2007

I finally finished the last book in the LOTF series. I picked it up and put it down so many times I didn't think I'd finish it at all.
    I absolutely loathe the ending. I'm supposed to believe an ex-Imperial, sadistic, murderous follower/believer of the Emperor finally brings lasting peace to the galaxy - and all because her ex-lover returned and reformed her? Come on! Daala the greatest chief of state since the fall of the Empire?
    Only if you believe as the authors apparently do that the Sith are the cool guys who understand the force best and the Jedi the idiot wimps who don't appreciate their own power.
    One brief time of complacency for Sidious to use against them and a thousand years of rule is completely forgotten. If the author/editors want to look at it that way at least remember that all it took was one incompletely trained Jedi to bring it all down after only twenty odd years.
    Memorable characters and the need to know what happens to them are what kept me reading the books from Heir to the Empire to now. Del Rey wanted to kill Luke at the beginning of their book series so I was never surprised by the truly terrible characterization they came up with for him, letting their authors make their original Jedi characters better and smarter than him and then giving him a psychopathic son. They didn't want him there and they didn't want to be dealing with him.
    Finding out the book connection between Del Rey and the Star Wars franchise will continue is the worst news I could have heard. The characterization will continue and all I can do is remember the ending of ROTJ. Nothing in the books could have happened the way it did if the facts of the movie were considered.
    Luke rebuilt the Jedi with the help of the three force ghosts, possibly Qui Gon, too, who found immortality in the force and became more powerful than anyone could possibly have imagined. Somewhere out there in the movie GFFA Luke and his new Jedi are becoming the heroes they used to be and it will be a lot harder for a Master and an Apprentice to rise to power again.
    Yeah, I know in my dreams.

13. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Ahem. I have elaborated on this sentiment many a time, so there is no use speaking on this topic further. However, I must say, with all my hear and soul and life and being...*warning -- do not unveil the dark power unless you truly must*

I HATE MANDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE REPUBLIC COMMANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE KAL SKIRATA!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE ETAIN TUR-MURKAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE DARMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH KAREN TRAVISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE FANDOLORIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE BESKAR'GAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH KAREN TRAVISS!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THAT THIS IS KILLING FANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THAT YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT TRAVISS BOOKS WITHOUT BEING CRUCIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE MANDOS!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I feel better now. [face_laugh] Back to more productive things...

14. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I hate the dark nest trilogy.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't hate any writers/PTB but I really dislike that Dooku can't be redeemed. I also don't care for the fact that almost all of my favorite characters in the EU are dead. Loathe Mara Jade. Am glad she's gone but it sucks that Luke is a widower. I liked YJK Jacen but he became so twisted that I'm relieved he's gone now.

I truly hope that Luke won't follow in Streen and Gilad's footsteps. Rest In Peace, gallant old ones! :(

I also don't like the writing style of some books, rather redundant....like they're just filling space. Think it sucks that Han's boys are dead (including Chewie.)

May be back after re-visiting some profic in honor of the passing of Gilad and Streen.

Dooku

16. lukelover1222

lukelover1222 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2008
    If there is one thing I hate the most about EU it's how much authors type-cast(sp?) characters. Characters like Luke, Han, Leia, Anakin Solo, and so on. I mean I go to a lot of the author signings and sometimes I just want to yell in their faces "GO WATCH THE MOVIES AGAIN!!!":mad:

I also hate clones, mandos, Jagged Fel(my bff calls him wedged flim[face_laugh]), and Jaina Solo. I don't know why. I just do...

17. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I hate the following novels:

The Approaching Storm
    The Cetus Deception
    The Crystal Star
    Most of the X-Wing books.

Oh yes, and I also hate Vergere, and Ferus Olin(in jedi quest. He was cool in Last of the Jedi).

18. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    What the heck? I was talking to someone about data pads and they're as big as your palm? That seriously messes up some things for me. CRAP! :mad: And all this mandalorian armor crap. It was used ONCE. Now it seems it's being used everywhere?

19. lukelover1222

Dec 18, 2008
    THANK YOU!!! Someone else who thinks exactly like me. I don't even think that i am going to read the new fate of the jedi series just because of the way they make Luke look pathetic.:mad:

*sighs*

whatever happened to just watching the movies and being done with it?:confused:

20. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I HATE ZEKK WITH A PASSION. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE I READ DNT BEFORE NJO AND YJK. BUT I HATE HIM. HE ISNT A TRUE CHARACTER WITHOUT A LAST NAME, AND HE TAGS ALONG TO JAINA LIKE A LOST PUPPY! I MEAN SERIOUSLY, NO WONDER SHE CHOOSE JAG! (BY THE WAY, LOVE YOU JAG!)
    I HATE JACEN SOLO/DARTH CAEDUS, WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY ISSUES, YOU ARE ANNOYING. AND ALL THIS FRKN 'ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE GALAXY' THING IS SO BORING!
    I HATE THE VONG, I MEAN WTH IS UP WITH CUTTING YOURSELVES! ITS SO ANNOYING!
    I HATE TAHIRI FALLING TO THE DARKSIDE, I MEAN SERIOUSLY, I THOUGHT WE CROSSED THI S ANAKIN SOLO BRIDGE. I LOVE ANAKIN SOLO BUT SERIOUSLY, HES GONE, YOU MAY ASWELL GET OVER IT. I HATE HOW THE AUTHORS WRITE HER CRYING EVERY FIVE SECONDS.
    I HATE JAINA AND ZEKK RUBBING FOREARMS, CAN YOU SAY EWW?! I THINK ZEKK FANS ARE CRAZY!
    ALEMA RAR IS A ****, CLONES ARE ANNOYING, ALL THOSE MONEY WASTED ON THOSE GOD DAMN CLONE BOOKS, MONEY WASTED ON THE GOD DAMN CLONE WARS MOVIE AND TV SERIES! I MEAN NOONE LIKES IT.
    I HATE ANAKIN SOLOS DEATH. I HATE IMPERIALS - MINUS JAG. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE HATE WHAT I LOVE. I HATE PEOPLE BAGGING STAR WARS. I HATE BEING BAGGING EU COS I KIND OF LIKE IT, EVEN THOUGH IM BAGGING SOME OF IT.
    I WILL NOT READ BLOOD OATH. I WOULD DIE OF BOREDOM. I CANNOT BE BOTHERED WITH KOTOR. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS?
    I HATE THAT THEY ARENT GETTING PEOPLE TO MODEL FOR THE CHARACTERS. I HATE DARTH MAUL. WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE HIM? I HATE PADME AMIDALA, GOD SHE WAS ANNOYING. I HATE PALPATINE. ERGH HE WAS ANNOYING. I HATE HOW YODA IS DIFFERENT IN THE PREQUELS THAN HE WAS IN THE ORIGINAL. I HATE THAT PEOPLE HATE JAG. I HATE THAT PEOPLE HATE JAINA. I HATE THAT PEOPLE LOVE THESE BORING SITHS. THEY ARE SO EMOS.
    ALEMA RAR, GET OVER YOURSELF. JACEN, JACEN, YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN ANAKIN, YEAH RIGHT.
    ZEKK, ZEKK, ZEKK. SERIOUSLY, LIKE I HATE YOU SO MUCH THAT I WANNA TRASH MY COMPUTER.

ahh, I needed that. Sorry to anyone who likes those characters or likes some of the things that I hate :]

21. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    The jacen apologists. He's the bad guy, and before that he was the most self-centered character in the EU. The wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over his behavior being ok. Short of murdering puppies and raping and pillaging--he did cause the murder children, are there any bad things he didn't do. I saw that he was going do die (unless they chickened out at the last minute) by the third book.

The Jaina character massacring. If you actually read the text, Zekk was never even in the running except for one line in Invincible --after it's already been resolved. The "immature teenager" comparison. The textual support isn't there for that conclusion.

The constant negativity and the I have invested ridiculous amounts of money and you (LFL) owe me. Dude, it's $14 and a few hours. Less if you utilize your local library. I'd spend more at the movies.

Ok, I feel better now.

22. lukelover1222

Dec 18, 2008
    I STILL HATE JAGGED FEL AND JAINA SOLO!!! DON'T ASK ME WHY...I JUST DO!!!

23. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    ^^^^ I hate Luke Skywalker.

24. lukelover1222

Dec 18, 2008
    WELL I HATE JAG AND JAINA EVEN MORE THAN I DID BEFORE!!!

(people, don't worry...we're sisters)
    [face_peace]

25. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    I hate Jacen. He was actually my favorite character in the YJK series, along with Tenel Ka, and I was so happy when I found out they did end up together. But it felt cheap because Jacen had changed so much - from fun-loving, to whiny, to damaged, and then evil. The only other SW character I hate more is Jar Jar. I'm so happy Caedus died. But I'm even more angry that Jacen turn into Caedus in the first place!

I hate that Anakin Solo died. I hate that Jaina went to the dark side for a while.
    I HATE!!!!! reading about the Vong from their POV. BORING!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.