main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavy-Metal-Baby

Heavy-Metal-Baby Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    It is true. I do not believe in that the stars determine my future, I am a Christian ad I trust God, and working through Christ to make it happen.

I love astronomy though, the study of space. ;)

2. ANAKINS_CLAW

ANAKINS_CLAW Jedi Master

Dec 19, 2005
    To Jaden1138
    Don't worry, I'm a big girl;) it didn't offend me - oh and I got the name from watching Liar Liar just before I went to see AOTC in the cinema - couldn't stop laughing through the last ten minutes of the film.

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I am back to my old self. :) The mods are on the ball. Woohoo!

I saw that movie in the theater but cannot remember much. :( I hate that. LOL!

And taking in consideration the thread I am in...I am really annoyed by stress right now. And I have some sort of respiratory thing going on. It happens a few times per year. So I feel like crap. [face_tired]

4. Melissa1991

Melissa1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2009
    Finally a place where I can put my frustrations, why haven't I've heard about this place before?
    So here's my list...

# Why make Luke so weak sometimes? I mean come on! He's the hero! But it appears that some writers just can't seem to resist the temptation to let their characters appear stronger than Luke.
    # How come Luke and Leia only found out about their mother at the age of 54. I mean you'd think that while looking up all that information about the Jedi Order, Luke would've done at least some effort to find out who his mother is?
    # Cover of sacrifice
    # Comics like Union shouldn't even be allowed to be published. A OOC-Mara Jade marrying a sentimental clone of Luke Skywalker who can't even take care of himself during a bar fight and who has bad hair??

Oh, and I hate Star Trek as well.

5. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    Anakin Solo's death. They build him into this amazing character. KRIFFING AMAZING. Then they end his life. Really? :_| I'm re-reading the NJO at the moment, and I'm almost half way through Star by Star and I have found myself almost avoiding finishing it.. I can't handle reading his death again. It broke my heart the first time. This is one character I would have killed to see all grown up. I would have enjoyed reading about the path he takes. He was going to do great things, it's hard to doubt that. :mad: Grrrawr.

Also, I loathe the added scenes in the Original Trilogy movies. Nothing irks me more than watching A New Hope, the Mos Eisley, and watching 500 cgi critters walking across the screen blocking our heroes. Honestly George? What were you thinking? :oops: Not to mention the entire Jabba scene is just ridiculous. Jabba the Hutt, one of the biggest crime lords and you're seriously going to tell me he went all the way to Han's ship to tell him what's what? 1) Where is his Repulsor sled? He's a big boy, Pretty sure he was at that point where he required the thing.. and 2) He's a being of great power, no way no how would he even take the time to meander out to Mos Eisley to have a few words with Han. That's what his hired thugs are for.. and what is Boba Fett there for.. and why does he look at us.. >.> UGH GEORGE JUST UGH@!

-Ava-

6. DarthYan

DarthYan Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2009
    I dislike Legacy. And Kt's books aren't exactly top notch

7. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes! The darkside runs strong in here.

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i love the eu, but i hated the death of Mara and Anakin.

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm hoping they will create a new animated series after RotJ and retcon everything that has happened

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i hate retcons.

11. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I hate Satine Kryze.

I hate the 13Z-team (Cassie and Ione)

I hate the New Mandalorians.

I hate haters who hate Karen Traviss novels.

I hate haters who hate Fandalorians

I hate haters who hate the EU

I hate haters who bash Dave Filoni

I hate haters who hate the Clone Wars

I hate haters who hate Jar Jar Binks

I hate haters who hate the iPad...oh wait wrong forum.

12. ChissChiss

ChissChiss Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2010
    I hate Hayden christensen as Anakin Skywalker , seriously Lucas....Seriously?:confused:

13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I HATE KT's Revelation

I HATE the death of Darth Caedus

I HATE the price of hardcovers

14. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    As a Charter Member of the HC, I'd like to throw in my several Hates that have accumulated over the past...uh almost 8 years since I posted.

I hate- Jacen/Darth Caedus. Why do we feel the need to break what isn't broken? Does anyone remember how the OT was about redemption? I miss straight up Good and Evil
    I hate- writers who try to be Orson Scott Card. Mr. Eric Nylund, nice try...but you're not him. only he is, and his Battle School is far superior.
    I hate- emo chicks
    I hate- the NJO, Legacy of the Force, and any other series that messes with the Characters I love. If I wanted realism and death of my main characters...I'd read James Jones' The Thin Red Line
    I hate- The dude that lives next door who thinks it's awesome to peel out every time he leaves the parking lot. Seriously, dude.
    I hate- the fact that I have to work an 8-5...in a cubicle. Sometimes I think prison would be better; at least I would get yard time.
    I hate- the politics of political correctness.
    I hate- the way the GFFA has matured. You think someone would have tried to stop it by now.

Thats about it.

15. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Ahhh, the Hate Thread. How I never knew thee existed.
    Let's gets ta hatin', shant we?

1.Like someone stated before me, I hate how it seems like every female that can, ends up popping out babies. Why? I can see a few doing this, but nearly every? When a (human) woman comes aboard, there's like this invisible countdown until she eventually ends up pregnant.

2. Female Sith acting like whores. This is one of my biggest hates. I hate, this, I hate this, I hate this!
    Whenever it seems a female Sith is written, she is almost always portrayed as a hot sexy babe dressed in tight black leather, and screwing (or nearly so) some guy. Darth Zannah did this with that red Twi'lek, and I never will forgive her for it. So did Githany, who also acted like this. And there are others, not just these. I hate it because it seems so sexist, because when an evil woman shows up, she's almost never celibate, unlike the men, where it seems to be optional.
    I mean, would it kill them to write Sith women that don't inevitably jump into bed?

3. I hate Quinlan Vos. I hated him ever since I saw him with Sith eyes, and then him in another picture holding his baby.
    He just was a monster with evil yellow eyes, and all that now is supposed to be forgiven once he holds a baby? NO!!
    This is why I hate Jedi if they stray dark side, because to me the Sith eyes are normally a sign of final unredeemable evil, and once a character gets them, they are done. I personally think that is why he should never have gotten them, because without them, he still would have 'felt' good. And that would have fit with the thing of him holding a baby. Now I just think 'Mr. Edgy McCoolGuy' is a stupid character.

4. Mara Jade. I hate her. She thinks she's all that just because she was an Emperor's Hand. To me, she might as well have been an Emperor's Rectum with her attitude. Good thing Jacen killed her off.

5. Clone!Palpatine's wardrobe. In it, he looks like a bad Dracula. His hair is even slicked back too.
    Needless to say, he looks like a moron. I'm glad this fashion atrocity was slain.

16. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    I have another hate:
    The way the SkySolos are made ridiculously powerful. It feels like they are becoming a family of Mary Sues.[face_frustrated]

17. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    I hate that every frakking character has to go to the darkside or be tempted by it in the novels. If I remember correctly, Dooku was part of the lost 12--TWELVE. Out of 2,000 years 12 people left the jedi order...and now with the books like EVERYONE turns and then turns back. Give me a break.

18. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    ^^^I agree. Hearing that someone 'turned to the darkside' doesn't have the same punch that it used to. [face_plain]

Also, it wasn't 20 Jedi, but 20 fallen Jedi Masters that the Lost Twenty commemorates, as Masters are often so disciplined and attuned to the Light Side, that it was extremely rare for them to fall. ;)

19. leia7

leia7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2007

First post here and I'm overtired and in need of sleep, so here goes:

1) I hate how Jacen's character's been trashed and all the potential went to waste.

2) I hate Twilight. If I want to read about teenage drama, there's enough of that in real life.

3) I hate that Matt Stover is not writing all remaining Star Wars books.

4) And I wish there would be a trilogy of the NJO.

20. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    So say we all. Most of the (non-Luceno) NJO books were at least moderately entertaining, but Traitor remains the only SW book I've ever re-read. I think I'll be reading it a third time pretty soon.

Oh: I hate James Luceno's writing style, and I hate that he's the one picked to write Darth Plagueis.

21. leia7

leia7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2007

James Luceno is actually my favorite writer after Matt Stover.

But as this is the haters forum, feel free to hate away!

22. MadDevil

MadDevil Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    Honestly, I hate pretty much everything they've done with the story post-NJO. Both LOTF and FOTJ feel like TV series that have been on the air for too long. Tune in next week for another episode of Jedi vs Sith, where one of the Skywalkers goes to the dark side. It just doesn't feel...original anymore. Even though not everybody liked them, I actually enjoyed the Republic Commando novels, mostly because it's something other than the Big Three. It was at least an attempt at something different.

Having said that, I still read every book that comes out because...well it's Star Wars. I'll take any little bit of it I can, even if I don't like the direction they've gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.