main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Haters' Community Reincarnation, Mk II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by KansasNavy, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I never read those books. Care to enlighten me onto who the villains were?

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Didn't "The Crystal Star" entail some weird creature called Waru? ?[face_plain]

Sweet Jebus....that book sucked the proverbial! ;)

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    What the hell were the people at LFL smoking when they came up with Waru ? Must have been some really good ****.

I really hate Darkside Force users like Tremaine and Brandl. Besides being two of the worst characters ever (especially Brandl), what was the point of creating them, anyway ? They seem to serve little purpose in the overall arc, and if anything Tremaine takes away from Vader's individuality somewhat. Plus to me it seems to be a major contradiction as far as the Purge goes. Vader and Palpy supposedly wiped out all of the Jedi, yet they knowingly kept Tremaine, Brandl, Lumiya, Hethir as well as other darksiders alive ? I dont buy it, and it just dosent make sense to me from a practical standpoint.

4. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Nephrite wrote:

Also I can?t stand that religion thing about cutting of limbs to please the gods. How did they come up with this?

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then the Lord said "Let their be light...

wait, wrong religion. *hits the rewind button*

Actually the reason they sever limbs and stuff has to do with Yun-Yuuzhan. He is the Creator of all the universe and he did this by sacrificing his body. When he did this, he was elevated to a higher plane from the other dieties (Yun Harla etc), and revered highly. They sever their body parts because they want to get closer and be blessed by him.

And about the Vong, it's just that I wish they (Del Rey) gave more effort in showing them as somebody more then out-of-the-galaxy villains who just hate everybody who is not them.

I completely agree! I'd love to see more of what goes on in their day to day cycles, and get more info on certain characters history and backgrounds.

5. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree. Ive always said that the Vong need more substance. Unfortunately I dont see them being any more developed before the NJO ends.

6. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Which I think is a crock. There's 16 (or is it 18? I can't be certain and I'm too lazy to look it up :p ) NJO books. One would think the authors could elaborate on someone like Nom Anor or Tsavong Lah, Yuuzhan Vong we've been introduced to from the beginning.

Oh well, I guess that's why we have fan fiction. :p I've been trying to write up my own fiction about a Yuuzie and Human, and I'm having the *worst* time trying to nail down every day activities for the YV.

7. Melord

Melord Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    The entire expanded universe is rediculouse. Any author can gain rights to the best story on earth and just butcher it any way he likes. Take for instance how luke is seduced to the dark side by the emporer....this makes the movies completely irrelevent if you recognize these books as ligitimate. Also, the simple fact that NJO books are killing off cool characters with a lame enemy really sucks, as if EU books couldn't get any worse they have to kill chewy! I dont recognize any EU books except for the books that explain certain characters in the movie, i.e. jabba's palace. Well Im done ranting, dont waist your time on books that aren't written by georgy, wait until after episode 3 is out and he prints HIS next three books, thats the real expanded universe.

8. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I hate to break it to you but GL will not be writing any SW books after E3, I assure you.

9. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Dark Jedi Tam, thanks for the info on limbs.

¤Nephrite¤

10. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Melord: What is it with those people that worship GL?

The best Star Wars movie was ESB, IMO. Lucas didn't direct it. I don't think he even wrote it.

Most of the Bantam era sucked. I'll freely admit that, as will quite a few of my EU counterparts. But the NJO is cool (I'm not very articulate at the moment) and I really enjoy reading it.

Any author can gain rights to the best story on earth and just butcher it any way he likes.

I have to disagree :) If an author writes a POS, the editors (most likely) will prevent it from ever hitting the shelves. That's why editors exist (partly :p )

And what makes you think Star Wars is the best story on earth? That sort of claim is just ridiculous. Yes, that's how you spell ridiculous.

Take for instance how luke is seduced to the dark side by the emporer....this makes the movies completely irrelevent if you recognize these books as ligitimate.

How? :) What makes your statement legitiment? I need proof, baby! ;)

as if EU books couldn't get any worse they have to kill chewy!

Of course! I miss his witty reparté [face_plain]

Well Im done ranting, dont waist your time on books that aren't written by georgy,

I'm sure we'll all listen to your well-thought out comments, and take heed of your advice when we next walk into the bookstore :) [face_plain]

And I don't think that Lucas could write a decent addition to the NJO to save his life :)

wait until after episode 3 is out and he prints HIS next three books, thats the real expanded universe.

HA! Don't hold your breath! [face_laugh]

If someone gives me three books that totally invalidate the entire EU, I'll burn them :) I've put too much time and money into the EU to see George Lucas screw it up.

And please, please, PLEASE try to pass third grade English next time :(

~monogpfm

11. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Now fishi be nice, i'm sure he's passed third grade english...

Probaly not 4th grade though...

I hate Lucas worshippers

12. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Aw come on, GL aint that bad, after all without him we wouldn't have this wonderful thing called Star Wars and we wouldn't have the JC boards and we would have you, the GL haters, here venting all your hate.

But I've gotta agree, I was far from impressed with AOTC. After all these months of waiting for this movie and all the hype, I was expecting something with an outstanding plot that was on par with ESB. Instead we get this mediocre romance and some lightsabre fights which are kick ass on their own, but duels aren't want drives a movie.

I hate that you hate that someone else hates someone else's hate.

Well, I hate it whenever someone else tells me that they hate my hates because I hate it when someone else hates another's hate--ah screw it, I'm just confusing myself. :p

13. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    no no no, i like george lucas. I respect him and all but i hate the people who just worship, no matter what... No matter what he says he is right... jeez the dudes contradicted himself so many times you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt...

14. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Aren't we supposed to let people post their opinions in here WITHOUT attacking them?

*seriously dreading next week*

Sreya

15. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Of course! I miss his witty reparté

I'm sorry, but I NEEDED to comment on this.

All I have to say is: [face_laugh] !!!

As for what I hate, well that should be pretty obvious for those of you that know me a bit around here.

I hate Mara Jade :p

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I respect your opinion, Nichos. ;)

I dislike (not hate, as that is too strong a word for me) Callista and Kyp.

If Kyp would respect Luke (As a leader) more, I'd stop disliking him.

17. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I respect your opinion, Nichos.

And that's all I ask...

Thanks! :D

18. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Aren't we supposed to let people post their opinions in here WITHOUT attacking them?

I justify my post because I really hated his comments :) Don't attack me! :p

Nichos: :p

~monogpfm

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I hate part of my sig.

*adjusts sig*

Better. Hope you don't mind if I steal, uh, I mean, BORROW that. :D

20. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Maybe I missed something, but who's attacking who?

Ah and I understand your hate for GL lovers now, NYJ... to some level I dislike people who worship as god too.

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I hate Waru, the idea of him. I just remembered he was the villain of those books. I also hate the Glove of Darth Vader. *shudder* Anyone in agreement?

22. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I never read GoDV, but I heard it sucked big time.

Oh, and Kyp rulz.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    First of all, I don't "hate" any of the characters. There are a few I've disliked.

Characters I Dislike:

Viqi Shesh (sp?)
    Thracken-Sal-Solo
    Callista
    Nichos Marr
    Salacious Crumb (I would have fed him to the Rancor)
    Qwi Xux
    Gallandro
    Roganda and Irek Ismaren
    Brakiss
    Waru
    (some others I can't think of right now)

Characters I used to dislike, but now like:

Kyp Durron - I used to dislike him, and thought the authors made him too powerfull. I disliked what he did to Qwi Xux and when he destroyed Carida. Now that he is more mature, I actually like his character quite a bit.

Borsk Fey'lya - My dislike for him was probably the strongest, but he did what was right in the end, and that redeemed him in my eyes. Just like Vader, he did the right thing when it really counted.

24. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Eh, Borsk did what he did for his image. He wanted to be remembered as a hero, not an incompetent leader who didn't even acknowledge that the NR was being attacked until they were at his doorstep.

25. Barns-SithLord

Barns-SithLord Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Greetings fellow haters, it is I, Barns, the re-incarnation!!!

Good to see that Kansas has given us a new lease of life, quite bad to see that things like the silly RP senate still exists!! (What is with those guys??)

If i am honest, have not read many books, been busy at school, had my exams etc. Havnt had much time either for the JC since i have become a gangland leader! Just thought i would drop by to see how things are going, there have been several changes, have not decided weather they are for the good of the universe, or for the bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.