main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The OFFICIAL Houston Fanforce Midnight viewing gatherings

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi, Chad, long time, no see. Yes, I feel your pain, but -- it's Revenge of the Sith, it's got the duel. It'll be worth one last midnight showing, surely.

2. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    If anyone needs an extra ticket to the midnight showing at the Marq*e, a friend won't be able to make it that night and I'd already purchased his ticket.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll be happy to offer it at a discount as extra incentive.

3. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Me and some friends will be heading out to the Edwards Marq*e 23.

4. Darth Exar

Darth Exar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    I'll be at the First Colony AMC 24 with a friend of mine like I was for AOTC... even though I don't know any of you, seems a "few" of you will be there :)

5. RocketFett

RocketFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Robnhud, great. Glad we'll be able to be in the same theater. :) Maybe you can nag your wife to come. Guilt her into it. Use the whole childhood and how much you like these movies thing. And you can throw in the fact that you went to any chick-flick movies with her recently, and if her memory isn't so great, you can make up a few that you went to her with that you didn't want to see and maybe convince her it did happen that way. Heh heh heh. ;)

6. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    Darth Exar, welcome. Yeah it looks like it will be a large group, with the ten people that I'm holding tickets for, and Robnhud, and you and your friend, that's 13 if I am not missing someone that said they'd come too. Good size group. :)

7. squwilf

squwilf Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    I was thinking of going out to dinner and get there about 8. I was going to bring my laptop and watch e2 before the movie and chill out. My hype for this movie is to high to blow it sitting in the front row or at the very top.

8. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Ya, but we have a 17 month old at home so someone has to watch him. Mother-in-law is the one in need of convincing! LOL

9. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Count_Dough-ku and crystala ...

Which screens are you'll going to be at, at Edwards?

I'll be at screen 23 (Imax).

10. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I haven't actually picked up the tickets yet, so I'm not sure which auditorium I'll be in. I know it's not the IMAX though.

11. Qui Gon Moon

Qui Gon Moon Jedi Master star 5

Apr 15, 2000
    Edwards Marq-e.
    00:01 on May 19.

[face_cowboy]QGM[face_cowboy]

12. Z_of_Sith

Z_of_Sith Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hi, all, new here but wanted to say I'll be out at AMC First Colony as well. Probably won't get there until after work at about 6pm. Is anybody dressing up for the premire?? Ive got a new costume put together that hasn't been worn out in public yet, and figured this was as good a time as any.

13. Robnhud

Apr 24, 2002
    This would actually probably be the LAST time if any.... save for Halloween

14. OnlyOneCanKnowMe

OnlyOneCanKnowMe Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Well I decided to go all out and I'm wearing a costume. It's the "Lake" dress from Ep2, pastels and all. Figured it's a good choice since it might be hot out and this can stay nice and cool. Look forward to seeing you there!!

15. Robnhud

Apr 24, 2002
    Which theater you going to??

16. OnlyOneCanKnowMe

OnlyOneCanKnowMe Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    I'm going to be at the First Colony with all of you guys in theatre 12, thanks to Allen![face_dancing]

17. Z_of_Sith

Z_of_Sith Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Glad to know I won't be the only one there. I picked up my tickets yesterday and got theater 12 as well.

Around what time is everybody getting there? I think i've read as early as 2 or so. All I know is that I made the mistake of showing up around 830 or 9 last time and ended up at the end of the line for my theater. Im hoping to get there around 6ish and that the weather isn't too hot.

18. Robnhud

Apr 24, 2002
    WHat time did they start letting people in last time??

19. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I'll be at Cinemark Webster for any of you South-siders

20. SKot

SKot Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2003
    Hello, folks. I don't post often, but I'm usually at the meetings, and will be at the First Colony AMC along with RocketFett and Darth-Stryphe and the others.

I'll be showing up early (got the whole day of the 18th off) and bringing my laptop along so that hopefully we can watch some nifty SW-related films. If anyone has some kind of awning or really large umbrella, please bring it along and we can use it to get better lighting for the laptop's screen.

--SKot

21. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I might go to the AMC Willowbrook, depending if I go with a friend from work. I would wear my teaser poster t-shirt from ep. I.

22. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    most of our 501st guys are going to the AMC Gulfpoint 30. We look to have a pretty decent turnout on armored personel. Hopefully I can complete the evil Anakin I"m working on for the premier!

23. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    ^^^^^^NICE^^^^^^

24. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    Replying to several at once in this one. :)

Z OF SITH, Glad to have you along with us :) If you think you can get off work a couple hours early that would really be good so you can get in line with us. The earlier the better. :) Whenever you do get there try and find us in line and you can likely join us.

ONLY ONE CAN KNOW ME, it will definitely be hot unless something abnormal happens. Try and find an umbrella that matches the dress. :) And your're welcome for the ticket. Glad to do it so you can join us. It has your name on it, just come join us in line and I'll hand it off to you. :)

ROBNHUD, if I remember correctly, they actually started seating between 12:05 and 12:15 I may be a little off but I seem to recall being really antsy and checking my watch constantly and it being a few minutes after Midnight, so they could be 100% sure it was actually the Thursday and not Wednesday anymore.

25. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    For everyone meeting us at the AMC 1st Colony for the midnight showing, here is an update of sorts. The manager that will be there at the start of the day until 6 PM is John Beasley, so if anyone gets there before Karla and I, find him and ask where they want the EPIII crowd planted to start the line. If you get there before I do, you will likely be first in line, since we're getting there at or before 2 PM, just in case. :)

Since we have a largeish group, I want to make sure we get at far up in line as possible so we can all sit in the theater together. The theater is going to try and make sure that people get in line as they arrive, not arrive and move up from the end of the line to join a group, so if you can at all get there as close to 3 PM as possible, that would be great. There likely won't be much of a line by then, there wasn't the other two times, and the people that were there then, didn't mind a couple people here and there moving up in line to join their friends as they arrived. But to avoid any complications, if you can get to the line as close to 3P as possible that will be great.

Also, right now, I have two extra kids tickets remaining. Tomorrow we will exchange them for adult tickets to hold on to. A friend of mine is wanting to bring a friend, so if he is unable to get his own ticket for them, he will use one of the two that I have, and I will have one left, but if he gets his own, I will have two left. I will post how that works soon as I know so everyone will know if there are any tickets left. Right now, there are some still available for auditorium 12, and that's the one all our tickets are for, so if anyone else wants to join us, if you go today or Wednesday at the latest before evening, you should still be able to get tickets for aud 12. They've opened up a couple other screens now and are selling off of them so one doesn't sell out and others have dozens of seats left. So 12 is still available. When everyone gets there, try and join Karla and I and Scott at the front of the line, I don't think it will be any big deal. Bring your folding chairs. That concrete gets really hard. :) And maybe an umbrella if it's a sunny hot day. May look dorky, but it sure keeps you cooler and I'll go for dorky over hot and miserable any day of the week. :) I'll be gone from Thursday morning until next Tuesday the 17th till about 3 PM or so out of town for Karla's brother's graduation, so I'll check back in soon as we get back to see if anything's changed, so please email me if anythings happened, I can likely check email Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. See ya all soon! :)

And thanks Scott for getting there so early with us! Look forward to seeing you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.