main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The OFFICIAL Houston Fanforce Midnight viewing gatherings

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I hope they stil have 1 dollar hot dofs on saturday when i FINALLY SEE IT

2. RocketFett

RocketFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, I HAD to post one time before going to bed or I don't know if I'd be able to sleep. I can't think of a thing to say but "wow". Amazing and so well worth the time waiting for it. Very sad and certainly leaves no loose end untied that I can think of. The one thing that made the midnight preview showing experience even better than the movie itself was the company. Seeing the movie with all of you guys, and the couple of gals and the kids especially, was really great and has made it a great SW memory. I enjoyed this more than any convention I've been too easily. VERY glad all of you showed up. The time in line was as fun and enjoyable as the time in the theater. Glad to have spent it with you all. :) Looking forward to seeing everyone else's thoughts without spoilers of course. :) Darth-Stryphe said he would start a spoiler thread though. :) Talk to you all soon.

Thanks Scott for bringing the Laptop. The clips and movies were GREAT to pass the time. :) VERY good thing to have in line with hours to wait. And a great Han Solo outfit. :) And thanks to OnlyOneCanKnowMe for the use of her cell phone. Coordination and updates would have been much more difficult without her. She made a great outfit too. Newbies are a great thing. :) David and Z had great outfits also. Really good. And me, well. I uh, I had my shirt. Well, like that guy in the new movie. You know, the scene towards the beginning, with the guy..., running? The running guy, with the hair? Well...uh. Oh never mind, I didn't look like a stinking person in the movie. Oh well. :) I was there though! :p Talk to you all later.

Allen.

3. Z_of_Sith

Z_of_Sith Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Well, I just got home from the First Colony Viewing. All I got to say is that the movie was fantastic for the most part. Tonight was a very enjoyable night. It was also great to meet those who were there, Allen, Karla, Meredith, Scott, Darth Stryphe and anybody else I didn't mention. Hope to see you guys again.

4. Darth Exar

Darth Exar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    Just got back from First Colony as well, REALLY enjoyed it. I was in theater 13, not with all of you guys. There was a CUTIE with a black "I <3 Nerds" shirt on :p

5. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Spoilers are still off-limits until Monday. Adam, I'm copy/pasting this to the spoiler thread I created.

6. Dost-Begros

Dost-Begros Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Moving this text to the spoiler thread, too.

7. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Well, I saw ROTS at Edward's (screen 23 aka "Imax"). The film was shown on the Imax screen but was shown at the regular format (not blown up, which was fine by me). One good thing about the room I was in was I did not have to stand in line, the room was seated as they came in. I got there at 10:00PM and sat down ... pretty cool.

As far as the film goes I liked it. There were a couple of parts I didn't care for too much but over all I thought it was good (better than the other 2 prequels, IMO).

8. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    All I can say is WOW. The sight of all the people for the 3.15 showing was incredible.I am taking my wife at 5.10 and cannot wait. People will tear the movie apart and pick on this and that but I still think it rates high on my list. Nothing will beat the first one to me but its been A great ride. The Marq*e did A great job .I will be in my Deathstar tee shirt up there about 4pm if anyone is going today.

9. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    A friend from out of town showed up at our door yesterday afternoon and we wound up not going. I didn't have tickets anyway (long story)

I will, however, be trooping the Woodlands theater this evening from 6-9pm. I may go early to see the film. Again, if you're up there and see a stormtrooper with bright blue hair, that's me.

10. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I haven't been to a FF meeting in quite a while, but it was good seeing a few of you at the AMC 30. We had a decent turnout of 501st (7) and it's always good to see others in costume. Just to let those of you that aren't aware of it that have the nice Jedi or "good guy" costumes, there is a group call Rebel Legion that is our (501st) counter parts.

11. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Stryph, Rockett, OnlyOne..... thanks to you guys for helping my wife and I out with the great seat locations!!! You guys were the real highlight of the evening....

COMING SOON.... in another thread.... my scathing review of ROTS!!

DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!

12. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Rob, OnlyOne, Skot, Z and Rockettfett. It was a BLAST!!! I enjoyed getting to witness the end of Star Wars as we know it with you guys. But now I'm so sad that it's over :_|

13. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, there is that rumored television show.

14. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20050519/111656006400.html

Star Wars has grossed an estimated record of $16.5 million on opening night alone.

15. RocketFett

RocketFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Rob, you're very welcome for the seating help! Glad to do it! The group thing sure made it even more fun. It was great to see you both there and chat and stuff. And thank you for braving that line for me for one last caffine fix. Good man! :)

Stryphe, I've been trying hard not to think about it being the last, humoring myself that in a few years, he'll break down, re-sign Hamill, Ford, and Fisher and make a Sequel Trilogy, but it seems clear that won't happen. There will be the show at least. :)

Phuong_Solo, $16.5 on opening day??? So that's just Wednesday??? Amazing! How did it do for the first weekend? What was the previous record for openiing day? I'm assuming Spiderman 2 holds that, since it's such an awesome movie. No shame if ROTS doesn't beat any of Spiderman 2's records. It's a truly great movie. I am curious to see how ROTS does in it's opening weekend and opening week. Please post when you can. I always forget where to go check those things. Thanks. :)

Allen.

16. MlmFalcon_II

MlmFalcon_II Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    hey fingorfin, did you go in costume? i when to katy cinamark too. I was in black with a brown obi wan cloke, I was inside and with a girl dressed as qui-gon, and we had a random DVader Helmet...and sang sw songs a lot.

17. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Didn't wear a costume. Didn't see it at the Katy Cinemark.

18. MlmFalcon_II

MlmFalcon_II Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    oh ok, nvm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.