main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL Hugh Jackman thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AdamBertocci, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Yes, boys and girls, Rick McCallum (who loves you!) said at Celebration that Hugh Jackman will "definitely be involved" in Episode III.

Comment on it here, for this is the OFFICIAL thread. (You can tell it's official 'cause I put the word in capital letters. My thread's official and yours isn't, nyaaaaah!)

Who could he play? A minor bad guy? A Jedi? An extra?

Or perhaps he's not acting at all. Has he ever written, or done stunts, perhaps?

Or is Rick messing with us?

I'm not a big fan of the idea. Do we really need another random celebrity kicking around the cast list of these films? Ah well. As long as he does whatever he does well, I'll be happy.

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I can imagine a cool villain role for him. A new Sith perhaps?

Or maybe it''s just a small role, like Jimmy Smits.

3. Disco_Dooku

Disco_Dooku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    I think it would be cool....

4. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    You know, Adam, when Muslims say "Muhammed" they write (pbuh) next to it (peace be upon him). You should do they same: Rick McCallum (wly)

;)

5. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    He's playing Wolverine in his days as a Jedi, before Project X.

Then again, maybe his Han's father, who knows ? :)

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Han's father [face_laugh]. That's a cool idea.

His name will be Bob Solo. Everybody loves Bob. :D

7. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I love Hugh Jackman. I'm very excited and anxious to see where this leads.

8. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Lucas has barely begun writing the script yet, McCallum is in no position to say if Jackman is involved, unless he pulls the same move he did with n'Sync.

9. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Maybe he'll play a Jedi with side burns and "lightsaber claws". :D I can picture it now... Master Wolv-erine. :p

10. EwanM

EwanM Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I like him a lot.
    Especially his character in X-Men.
    He was really cool in that movie.
    It's even cool-er to hear that he will be in Star Wars.

[image=http://home.pchome.com.tw/world/blueharvest/HughJackman/Half_Naked.jpg]

[image=http://home.pchome.com.tw/world/blueharvest/HughJackman/Japanese_Mag.jpg]

11. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I can see Hugh being a Jedi, or perhaps a slicer a la Swordfish. :D

Anyway, it'd be cool to see him in there, whatever he does. There's no shortage of Australian talent in Episode 2, but a bit more never hurt anyone, did it now? ;)

12. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Oh man...gooooood pictures. [face_love]

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    To tell you the truth, I'm spoiled as far as the films are concerned. But I really can't even imagine what role he would play except a possible younger Tarkin. But I honestly don't think he looks like a younger Peter Cushing.

14. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    he wont be a jedi well c all the jedi left in ep 2.. mmm i think he could be a sith! i hope!

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I hope the only Sith we see in Episode III is Anakin becoming Vader. IMHO, anything else is a waste of time and insignificant in terms of the plot and the overall saga.

16. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    He plays Han's father :eek:

I'm joking

17. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Even though Rick MacCallum said that there would be no characters from the Classic Trilogy appearing in Episode III, if they were looking for somebody to play a young Tarkin, I think Christopher Eccleston, who's starred in Shallow Grave along with Ewan McGregor, (he had a fight scene with him, as well!), Elizabeth, and The Others, as I think he's got a similar bone structure to Peter Cushing. Also, wasn't it rumoured that he had been approached by someone from LucasFilm? Anyhow, he's the fellow who I think would make a believable young Tarkin.

As for Hugh Jackman, sadly I've only seen him in X-Men, so I can't really judge him as an actor, but he was cool in that!

18. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    I don't think they'd make him a Jedi. Remember, they are killing off Jedi in this one, not adding to their ranks!

My money is on a young Tarkin!

:D

19. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'd like to see him as a rogueish smuggler who takes one of the good guys where they need to go, like a Han Soloish character. Maybe he will take Obi-Wan to Tatooine, and that will be why Obi-Wan knows where "the best frieghter pilots can be found".

20. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Wasn't there a quote from McCullum (wly) that said something to the effect of

'You'll never guess who the original owner of the Falcon was!'

Hmm...

21. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I could see him playing a Han-like character. It would be cool if he owns the Millenium Falcon in Ep3.

Then again, he could just be some politician or officer.

22. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

[face_laugh] My friend always calls him Jack Human! He gets the names confused.

The guy is a real fun actor who doesn't seem to take himself to seriously. Lotta talent coming from down under these days.

I'd rather see him as a smuggler than a jedi, but either role is a big wet dream. But don't let the wishful thinking hype you yet. In all likelyhood, this is just a rumour.

~PAd

23. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Eureka! I have it!! He plays a young CAPTIAN ANTILLES!! He was never really shown in ANH, was he? I think some have said that he was the guy Vader choked to death, but I don't see how they infered that from the films. I think this would be a great role... C-3PO and R2D2 master!!

~PAd

24. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I could definitely see him as some smuggler in Episode III...afterall, didn't Lucas say that the Falcon was going to show up somewhere in the prequels? Maybe his character will show where it came from before it got into Lando's hands?

25. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Maybe Hugh will 'smuggle' a pregnant Padme, Yoda, and Obi-wan on board the Falcon to Dagobah where she can give birth to the twins in secret?!

Of course, then wouldn't Ob1 recognize the MF in ANH? Hmmmm......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.