main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL Hugh Jackman thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AdamBertocci, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

*NICE* The Jackman rumour was just confirmed via an audio clip on the main page! Now I'm a beliver... I couldn't leave her, if I tried!

~PAd

2. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I don't want Solos or Falcons or anything.

I want Tarkin, played by Gabriel Byrne. That would rock.

3. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Hugh would be a great General Antilles. But he couldn't fly the Falcon. I just wouldn't be right to see the old flyin' tin can in the PT.

Plus wouldn't Lando be old enough to own it in Ep3. I dunno how old he would be.

4. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Hugh Jackman would make an awesome smuggler type character. I think it'd be really cool if he did own the Millennium Falcon...

It'd be an interesting kind of irony if he played the person who ferries Kenobi, Yoda and Padmé around as they're on the run from Anakin and the Emporer. He flies Luke and Kenobi to Tatooine on the Falcon in an interesting parallel to what eventually happens when they leave.

Plus, it'd give some new irony to the exchange from ANH:

Solo: Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?
    Obi-Wan: Should I have?

Well...I think it'd be cool at any rate!

5. jimbobfella

jimbobfella Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    "Han's father . That's a cool idea.

His name will be Bob Solo. Everybody loves Bob. "

... or Steve? Steve Solo :D

6. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'd go for Shirley...Shirley Solo. "And stop calling me Shirley!"...hehe. :)

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think it'd be cool to have Hugh as Solo Senior. The PT has been sorely lacking a roguish-common-joe type, and Hugh can be that guy. And in a reverse of what they did in AOTC with Jango and Boba, have a 5-8 year old Han at his side. Hell Chewbacca can be there also as Solo Sr.'s first mate too!

It'd make perfect sense. Han Solo could be alive by the time of Episode 3. Add 20 years and he'd be roughly the age he was when Ben and Luke met him on Mos Eisley (28-29?) Forget anything done in the EU (even the excellent Han Solo Trilogy): his love affair with the Falcon comes from its simply being his father's ship, which he somehow lost and then won back from Lando. His relationship with Chewie having a whole new meaning. And where would a Solo come in into the PT, well, right at the very end; where a harried and shaken Obi Wan needs to ferry Padme and the twins to safety. First a stop in Dagobah...or would Alderaan come first? And then one final stop on Tatooine. And then enters this rogue smuggler who also happens to be an awesome pilot with a lightning fast ship for the job. Who else would you want except a Solo to take you where you wanna go, avoiding "Imperial entanglements"?

The irony would be so sweet, and it'd make one hell of a link between Han and his eternal hunter, Boba Fett. Two children who learned their trade from their fathers. Children who inherited the attitude, names and even their fathers' SHIPS! The motif of Fathers and Sons, so strong in both trilogies, once more being played out at the final Star Wars movie. Hell, a scene featuring young Han contemplating the twins that will mean so much to him as a grown man will be too awesome for words. The Big Three, together for the first and final time...albeit in different shape and size.

Well, enough ranting. This will probably end up as fanboy fantasy, but Lucas would -- or should -- pull out something like this for Episode 3. Hugh as Tarkin...please. He doesnt need to play potential future bad guys. Like the guy he played so well, Wolverine, he's better off as a roughneck rogue. And him being a Solo would just be the icing on the otherwise dark cake Episode 3 is going to be.

That's my two cents right there.

8. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

"Jack Human"... that still cracks me up! [face_laugh]

~PAd

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I once told my brother that Hugh Jackman's real name was like Dorf Nerdstrom, or something, so he changed his name for the movies. I told him that in Australia, Actors are loveingly called Actmen and Actwomen. Lil' Dorf wanted to be a great actor so he wanted the name "Huge Actman" then, dulled it down to "Hugh Jackman" :D He still thinks that's true!

10. Wingless

Wingless Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Can you beleive that Rick McCallum is now saying that Jackman isn't going to be in EPIII! What's wrong with the man! Parhaps he's had a few too many of those extremely tall drinks ;). Actually I think he's just a big fat liar.

However he still loves you!

11. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    yeah I heard Rick say on Rove Live radio that Hugh wasn't appearing in epi III. :(

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Wingless, truer words were never spoken!

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    We gotta be realistic folks. Episode 3 is now 3 or so years in the future. Casting decisions are probably still several months away and/or until Lucas finishes the script. Speculation and wishful thinking will be the norm until the final cast is known by 2005. I mean, look at all the rumors for Episode 2. Names like Leo DeCaprio, Gabriel Byrne and Christopher Walken were all linked to 'Clones' and, in the end, none of 'em made it into the final cut. I think it'd be a bonafide miracle if Jackman is actually cast.

14. Wingless

Mar 28, 2002
    That's true Darth_Invidious, but, Rick McCallum had previously said that Hugh Jackman would be in EPIII. Why would he say this if it's not true? It seems to me that Rick McCallum is just a big liar liar pants on fire, albeit a liar liar pants on fire who loves you.

BTW AdamBertocci, do you think he really loves all of us? I mean I know he loves me; that goes without saying. :D He must also love you after all of the effort you've put into spreading his love. :) But you've gotta wonder about some people. Is everyone worthy? Do we all have a share in this wonderful thing that is Rick McCallumish love? [face_love]

15. Ob1kenoga

Ob1kenoga Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Are you people sick? Nobody thinks Hugh Jackman in Ep3 would be disgusting? Have any of you seen the damn commercials for that Meg Ryan movie? "I want more of this. More of 1876" sigh.
    Thank god he's saying the rumors aren't true. Was he even that good as Wolverine? He's another Jimmy Smits type guy who is just gonna get in the way of me being able to enjoy the movies without having my testes retreating into my body cavity.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh yes, Obi1Kenoga. He was very good as Wolverine. I'm an X-men fan and I say he made that movie his. Same thing in Swordfish; he was the star of the movie, not John-I-had-the-brilliant-idea-to-actually-attach-my-name-to-the-utterly-crappy-"Battlefield Earth"-Travolta. I think he did a pretty decent job in this Ashley Judd flick which name I can't recall, but I haven't seen the one with Meg Ryan. I think he has the potential to become a new Mel Gibson if he gets meatier roles. Still, a little bit of Star Wars would'nt hurt him.

17. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Wingless - check the link in my bio to see who he loves, and you'll understand.

Wow, I'm getting incredibly off-topic in my own thread. Oops.

Rick McCallum loves you!

18. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Bummer, here I was hoping Jackman would be Bob Solo, Han's father.

He'd be the guy trying to smuggle Jedi's out of Courustant after the Emperor goes wacko and starts vaporizing them. Oh well.

19. Wingless

Mar 28, 2002
    Actually, there is still a good chance that Hugh Jackman might still be in EPIII.

Apparently all Rick McCallum is saying is that Hugh Jackman hasn't been 'set and signed' to do it. This makes me think that maybe they're at least thinking about having him in it.

20. Wingless

Mar 28, 2002
    So now that we've seen AotC are there any new thoughts on who Hugh Jackman might be playing in EPIII?

21. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Perhaps a young version of a future Rebellion general? Though the smuggler idea appeals to me, I think it might be a bit too "cutesy" if everything in the PT parallels something the CT.

22. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Whoa, my thread's back.
    I just realized I called this thread OFFICIAL without being a mod.
    Ooooops.

Rick McCallum loves you!

23. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
  24. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    now, personally I think that it is a clear statement, but I wonder if Rick was choosing his words wisely. For example, they say that they haven't talked to him. And then he goes on to explain how he was mistaken when asked the question.

During the casting process, you often don't "talk" to the actors, but their agents. So technically, he wouldn't be lying. So they could be under negociations.

To reiterate, I think that HJ will not be in the movie, but you have to admire Rick. Giving us just enough loop holes to be saying three things when it appears to be clear. Then again, who is better at finding those three than us....

25. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Hugh Jackman will play Anakin's missing forearm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.