The OFFICIAL I am leaving until AOTC thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Joey7F, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    If you are leaving until May 16th (as it looks like more and more are doing) sign out here. That way those of us that say, "Whatever happened to...". I am planning on leaving, at least the NSA forum, after the last trailer.

--Joey
  2. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Phew

For a while there I thought that you were leaving Joey. :eek:

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!
  3. Obi-Wan69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Later.

;)

I'll be here, I'm not going anywhere.
  4. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry Mace . I will be back, and if you stay here up until the last minute you have bigger cojones than I do, because we will be [Panaka] sitting ducks [\Panaka] for the spoiled fans who are getting ansy!

--Joey

Edited many times to get the bold right...jeez...
  5. ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Master

star 4

I've been spoiled too much in recent days. I'm going to scram pretty soon my self. I tried once before and obviously failed but I think I have more of an incentive now.

6. ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I guess I should go now... the amount of spoilage here is ridiculous. If not the boards all together, definetly the "non-spoiler forum." Ironic isn't it? A non-spoiler forum infested with the damn things. I'll probably check back when trailer D comes out to see if it's okay to see it and probably not again till May 16th. Been nice knowing you.

7. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Speaking of ironic, I think that it is kind of ironic that the first member to flee via this thread was named Paranoid. :D :p

Anyway, things aren't too bad around here, in my opinion. Just as a word of warning to all of our loyal members, if you think that things are bad now, just wait..... [face_plain]

8. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    Windy, you are right about that. There will be lots of newbies coming in here and posting spoilers. I'm a huge spoiler-head, and it pisses me off tremendously to see people ruin it for others. I mean, the 'unspoiled' population of these boards have made an effort to avoid certain info. But, alas, all it takes is a couple of a-holes to destroy 'all for which they have fought and suffered'. :)

I say, anyone who posts a spoiler in here at this point should be perm-banned. [face_devil]
  9. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, but it only takes one major spoiler posted in the thread title to ruin it for everybody. I remember reading the thread title "QUI-GON DIES" in early May '99. It is not newbies who will post the spoilers. I am always eager to greet new members to our forum, you guys know that.

The members which will post spoilers are just those poor souls who will join, make one post, and then never be heard from again. I guess that they think that they are funny. It is quite sad really. We all must face it, posting here is a risk.

It is a risk that I am going to take however. No troll is going to get me to flee this place!

10. Patrick Russell Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember how spoilerific it got 'round these parts back in early '99, especially within a month or two of release day, and for that reason I'll probably be taking my leave of y'all before too long. Just until AOTC is released, mind you. Then I'll be back with opinions blazing... both barrels! ;^)

But I'll probably poke around here a little longer before I split.
  11. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    Just out of curiosity, could he impose a ban on newbies? No one who wasn't registered before the time of this post (let's face it, anyone planning to do this will make another name now) from posting here? That would make it a little safer...

I bet this thread gets crowded after Trailer D is released.

BTW, can a mod please adjust the title to read, "The OFFICIAL I am leaving until AOTC comes out thread"

--Joey
  12. ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Master

star 4

Erm... why not? They're just as susiptable to trolling, spaming and such as oldbies aren't they? :confused: (Obviously if you look around here and the Lit. forum)
  13. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    I would say it is safe that everyone hear from 1999 is probably not going to post spoilers correct? (you may be saying but Joey April 2000 is much later, well I used to be Joey83 but I forgot my password, so I started over. Anyone that is registered now is likely not going to post spoilers, that was all I am getting at.

--Joey
  14. ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooh, I just got what Joey was getting at, preventing any NEW newbies from adding on to the fold. That, I would say, is a little extreme... but extreme times call for extreme measures. And if I can stand not posting till May 16th, well, it IS humanly possible for a newbie as well. I still don't know if I'd advocate it though.

15. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I am most likely going to stop coming into the AOTC forum at all until after I see the film soon. I will remain is SW Music, TPM and the others...

:)
  16. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'll be gone before April 23rd.
  17. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    THIS STINKS. After what I read last night, I'm leaving this forum. Some idiot who's spoiled came in and posted the biggest spoiler of the movie, you can read about our reaction to reading it in the ***SPOILER ALERT*** thread. So, I'll be in Games, SW Music, Celebration II, and Classic Trilogy forums, but as of right now, I'm taking this forum off of my "Favorite Forums" list. DANG.

Man, I loved this forum. I'll miss you guys. :( Goodbye. :(

AAAH!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!! WHY DOES SOME IDIOT HAVE TO GO AND RUIN THE WHOLE STINKIN' MOVIE FOR ME? THE BIGGEST SPOILER IN THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!!!!!!! DANG DANG DANG!
  18. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me out of this one. I also blundered into that spoiler, can't risk visiting here anymore.

Which sucks. :mad:

See you around the boards...
  19. THX_Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow :eek: , I am glad I was stuck studying Psychology last night! I am probably not going to post much over spring break, (Starts today!! :D ) and maybe I can get myself unaddicted enough then to only post in the JC Community board. I would really hate to get spoiled with only a couple months to go!
  20. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    After what happened to Sithman and other JC friends of mine, I will not risk being spoiled like that. I was fortunate enough not to see it... THIS time. So make this my exit from the AOTC forum. Sorry but my enjoyment of the film is more important. I know ya'll understand so we'll see you either in other forums or when I return after seeing the film!

-Strilo
  21. Joey7F Jedi Master

star 4
    The updated list of those who have left (perhaps this will make it easier to reference?)

Paranoid-AniDroid
    Strilo
    Sithman
    THX_Princess (maybe)

Expect this list to add at least one more after March 10th :(

--Joey
  22. sw1138fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I only have 9 days left... then I go Bye bye until episode 3. It's gonna be tough, but no-one will miss me anyways!
  23. JediBeowulf Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok folks...

I am leaving. I think I will stick to the Classic Trilogy and TPM forums. Everything else (i.e. anything Ep. II-related is off-limits). I'll be seeing you guys here after Ep. II is released. Peace!
  24. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me thinks this weekend will be my last as well. No one will miss me though. :(
  25. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Aw, this really sucks. Soon, I'm afraid, I'll be the only one here.... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.