main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "I Am Looking For Gamers" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Fingorfin, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    If you are looking for gamers in your area or have an online game that you are trying to recruit players for, post about it here.

Ideas for finding gamers in your area:

1. Ask in your local Fan Force forum. Many of these organizations have a game that meets on a regular basis, and those that do not are often willing to start one.

2. Ask around at your local comics and gaming stores.

3. If you at college, post flyers on public bulletin boards and ask around to see if there are any Sci-fi or RPG clubs on campus.

Happy gaming.

2. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    New York gamers should check out The Compleat Strategist on 33rd st in Manhatten or Nuetral Ground. I'll most likely be posting a players wanted sign at the Strat once I get my apartment up to specs, which should be before the end of summer.

3. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm looking for a few gamers, myself, to play on my recently created message board. A couple of SW RPGs should be starting within the coming weeks, using the d20 system. If you're interested, follow this link:

http://starwarsrpg.conforums.com/index.cgi

4. Talon_Knightwing

Talon_Knightwing Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    I actually came to this forum to see if there ARE any online RPG's going down. I am totally interested in getting to know how to play (I have the 2E book, and some of the old WEG books as well). Being as how i am new, someone PLEASE point me in the right direction!

EDIT: Thanks Hannibalscipio!!! i checked out the link, and registered. I think you can find me there, im all into it!

5. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey, great. Yeah, I saw you there. Be happy to teach you. I love teaching newbs the little bit I know. Probably some of it's because I was so clueless when I started out, just jumped right in the middle of everything, and the players were patient with me, so I want to treat newbs like they treated me. Or something like that.

6. Jedi_Master_Dan

Jedi_Master_Dan Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2001
    there wouldn't be anyone from around cornwall, ontario would there...... i wanted to start a game but i can't find anyone.......

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    for more online gaming, check out http://www.starwarsclub.org

we've a couple of major campaigns going on, and did i mention 200+ PC's?

8. DarkLordDC

DarkLordDC Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Looking for mature WEG Star Wars players in the Washington, DC area. Can play or GM. Have GM'd approximately 4 years of WEG SW campaigns....also experienced Rifts and AD&D 2nd ED. GM.

WOuld also like the chance to play in a good SW or D&D D20 game. Two tries (and a try at D&D 3Ed) have left me with the impression that it is a really crappy system. Would like to have a good experience with it so I can have a fair opinion.

9. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Chicago Anyone? On the North Side looking for Gamers and other strange creatures to play with in my cabal.

Ok People I?m looking for people on the north side of Chicago to play SW RPG D20 or D6. E-mail me or IM at TheExecutor 1138. Check out some of my post to get some insight into the type of GM I am! I have posted at my local Fan Force forum. There is no one currently who meets on a regular basis, and those that do are my friends and I and yes I have Asked around my local comic and gaming store if anyone wants to play. But of coerce! I have posted flyers on public bulletin boards and ask around to see if there are any Sci-fi or RPG clubs in my area.

10. David_Stomcaser

David_Stomcaser Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2002
    Im looking for some people who wanna play an Online, Message board RPG. It uses aspects of the offical WOTC RPG but it also has some unique characteristics. There is the Remanent(empire), New Republic, Confederation of the Falleen, Jedi, Sith, etc. Anyone interested? Check out the link-pub34.ezboard.com/bthegalacticorder41132

11. Pixan

Pixan Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2002
    As David said, we use aspects of the WOTC game, and have new CCG discussion forums. You can talk about stategies or trade. We also have many spots left for the RPG. Sign up quickly.

http://pub34.ezboard.com/bthegalacticorder41132

If link does not work, e-mail me at bawitdaba11@yahoo.com or use AIM:piccoloonpojo

12. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Anyone in England, UK?

I play D6, but have some D20 books and am looking to incorporate somethings from the D20 in it

13. Bromly_Falco

Bromly_Falco Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    Anybody in the Monmouth, Oregon area? Western Oregon University students? Get in touch with me and maybe we can set up a SW RPG - I prefer WEG (since I own ALL the books), but own some of the D20.

I have a Rebellion Era campaign in the works for WEG, but no players yet. GM or player. Contact me.

14. Silver-Blade

Silver-Blade Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2003
    Is there any WotCers in san diego?

15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    hey Bromly_Falco ...I'm in the same state... that work for you?

16. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I run an online RPG at http://groups.msn.com/TheWorldofStarWarsRPG which is currently looking for more players. It is a freeform RPG - no use of dice, with two GMs to make sure the storyline doesn't suffer. There are at least twenty active characters and ten active players at the moment - we need people who are hopefully experienced and will remain active.

The RPG is set 200 years after The Last Command by Tim Zahn (after that book none of the EU happened). A new Emperor has arisen and is after his usual goal of galactic domination. Come check it out.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Semi-off topic -- I'm looking to try Spycraft. Anyone in the NYC area up for it?

18. Jedi_Angelus

Jedi_Angelus Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    Northern Ireland anyone?!? I'm looking for gamers for the WoTC game, I don't have that much experience in it, but I would like to play or DM. I do play a fair amount of DnD however, and would like some experienced, or inexperienced players. PM me for details.
    Or leave a message after the beep

*BEEP*

19. Daikuma

Daikuma Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    Phoenix Metro Area (This does not include Apache Junction, Queen Creek, or East Mesa - If you have no car, you are way too far) looking for RELIABLE players for REGULAR (druggie free) games.

Forgive me for sounding so hard-a**ed about it, but my GM needs more work, and I am not starting a campaign of my own without knowing I have at least 5 regular (solid)players.

Writers Make the Best GMs

Daikuma

20. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    Daikuma,

I am in Phoenix Metro (35th and beardsley to be exact) I am really itchin to play, and would love to perhaps see if my schedule can fit. I may even be able to recruit a couple people.

21. Tychobacca

Tychobacca Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    SW Empires is a great online RPG and we need members !
    We've got over 100 members, but the Rebel Alliance needs more !
    Please have a look atStar Wars Empires.

If you are interested, please mail me:
    tycho_celchu_2003@hotmail.com

22. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Gamers found, location: NYC Subway system.
    Who'dve thought a return trip from the Strat' would actually create a random encounter that was favorable! In the NYC Underdark no less!

23. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I know a guy that was stcuk in the Atlatnta airport for almost a full day and was able to fuing peoiple and get a game going. You find gamers in the starangerst places sometigesd.

24. Rankith

Rankith Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    I am in the portland oregon are and am new to the starwars RPG, I really want to start playing!!! toss me an e-mail if you have a group going that is anywhere near me! kyp@artistic-resources.com

25. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    The MN Force group has finnaly started their SWRPG group and we've gone in hitting. Our Current GM, One Lady_Starhawk, is leading a rebellion era campaign, and it promises to be a very interesting campaign. If you are in the minnesota Area head over to the Mn Fan Force Section of these boards and see our RPG thread for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.