main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "I Am Looking For Gamers" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Fingorfin, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    Hey how about any body from the Clifton Forge, Covington, Alleghany area of Virginia.
    I am a good player and I can GM if needed I got most of the books and would like to find some more peeps that are into star wars around here.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    How about a regular Saturday afternoon game in SJ, CA. Any takers?

d6 only please--I'm not acknowleging the prequels, nor WotC's messed-up system.

Any age, gender, species, whatever. You'd think in the middle of geekland, finding gamers would be easy.

3. total_regression

total_regression Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    Anyone in the Michigan/Indiana areas looking to start something? :) I've got a multitude of story concepts....

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    anyone wanna help me out... i wanna play, but cant find anyone in my local area who plays aswell, so basically im looking for people to play with online, via mIRC, messageboards or ICQ or something like that... im also quite new to the WOTC, so a lil patience might be required [face_blush]

5. The_Ghost

The_Ghost Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2003
    might be willing to do an AIM game on saturdays, if you can get a few other people together. i'll check the HoloNet to see if anyone's interested.

6. Bloodcat

Bloodcat Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    Im actually running a game Thursday mornings in Southeastern CT.

Only took me 2 years to get a group together.

Almost nobody in my area wants to play anything other than D&D, to their detriment and my disgust..

7. RS_Randy

RS_Randy Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2003
    The Allegiance Battle Group, the Star Wars RPGgroup of the Rebel Squadrons, wants YOU to join! We offer a plethora of opportunities for prospective members, with positions availible for up and coming officers, artists, programmers, and RPG fans. We participate in many forms of simming, using rules based off of WEG's D6 system. We run Capital Ship strategy sims, Starfighter combat sims, Commando sims, Jedi sims, freeform (no dice) sims, renegade sims, New Jedi Order sims, and much, much more!

Qualified Game Masters, Internet Officers, and Artists are in high demand in the ABG! Also, if you want to become a Game Master but aren't completely qualified yet, we have a new GM Academy for you to enroll in and learn from some of our best!

I may be reached at randystarkiller@yahoo.com for more information about the Allegiance Battle Group or visit our site at www.rebelsquadrons.org/abg/. Act now!

8. bluephoenix

bluephoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    I'm wondering if anyone out in the West Houston area would like to join in a game of D20 Star Wars?

3 People have left to return to college, and we are looking for a few replacements for an ongoing campaign.

We play on Fridays, starting at around 6-7pm.

Looking for gamers who are mature enough to sensibly navigate actual RP aspects of a game, and laid back enough to let humor seep in as well.

The current game takes place a few years after the Sith War - nearly 4000 years before ANH.

Feel free to ask questions, as I have ,no doubt, left something out you may want to know.

9. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Always looking to add new blood to my Toronto, Ontario (Canada) gaming groups.

PM me if your in the zone.

10. marajade1

marajade1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2003
    but anyone playing in the Tampa, Floirda area who might want to add another player..

me.. 26, M, knowledgeable about RPG (esp. 1st/2nd edition D&D) but havent played for roughly 10 years.. SW obsession has gotten the best of me and thought i would try and find a RPG group in my area.. perfably in my age group.. but have no idea where to start looking..

you can reply here or email me at (ebayjade@yahoo.com)

thanks..

11. ThaFett

ThaFett Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2003
    This be the not so original, "I'm ;ooking for gamers thread" But I am looking for gamers. A guy I now know, set up a SWRPG where you just make your own character and RP in a created universe. It's SO much fun and we need some more people to make it interesting. The general info is, make a character, RP get money and experience to buy stuff or level up. It's a wicked game and the people are sweet too.

http://swrpg,250free.com

Cheek it out, and tell 'em BibleBoy sent ya...

12. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Our Richmond, Virginia based group is looking to fill a couple of open spots (newbie or experienced). Please take a look at our site (see sig for link). We game about once a month (saturdays).

Please email gamemasters@holocronproductions.com if you are interested.

13. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone permanently living in the Tucson, AZ metropolitan area or at least no further away than Marana to the North west and Green Valley to the south? Lots of gaming ideas that I can choose from but I definately need more savy gamers. Gaming is usually on the weekends. Contact Vangarian.

14. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    a saturday AIM would 0WN!!!!!! LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!

also.....live in Leauge City, TX, south of Houston.

15. CharlieHickok-

CharlieHickok- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    I'm working on a campaign set during the NJO era, only without the Vong.
    PCs would be teenagers, obducted from their homes, and brought to a sith academy on an unknown planet.
    The emphasys will be on RPing, this won't be just hack n slash.
    You will all start as lvl 0 commoners(you just get proffesion ranks in whichever proffesion you want), and chose a class to which you will advance to.
    Before every lvl up, you will tell me what class do you want for your next lvl.
    So if anybody's interested, shoot me a mail at tyrokclaw@hotmail.com, with a char bio and proffesion(you get 5 ranks).
    This game will take place on my forum.

-mods and admins- I realize I posted this thing in 3 places, but I just saw this official thread so...

16. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Would like to find other gamers in San Jose.
    Haven't had that much luck yet.

17. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    I know of a bunch of SWRPG groups up in the Silicon area - they just all play d20.

18. Dr_Steven_Magnuts

Dr_Steven_Magnuts Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2004
    Looking for players in Brooklyn (or NY), NY SW (d6 not that WoC business), Warhammer RPG (not the mini game), or Cyberpunk 2020.

Give an email at Drmagnuts@aol.com - be sure to use a title that doesn't scream SPAM, yes?

19. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    Please Anyone Help Me I need Help in Boulder Colorado. No one wants to quest with me pleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee! :_|

20. D_Sidron

D_Sidron Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2004
    There is a new Star Wars rp that has hit the internet but it is lacking members. The universe is big and there is always room to have your own story inside the wonder story that was created for the RP. I encourage and insist for people to join this new RP. The storyline for the rp is below:

Ever since the force was conceived, the Jedi and Sith have opposed one another. The ensuing rivalry would prove to last decades, a constant struggle for power. And now, almost a hundred years after the battle of Endor, it?s no different.

The New Republic has successfully governed over the galaxy ever since it was founded by the heroes of the Rebel Alliance. And although built on strong foundations, the New Republic is ill prepared to face the newly manifested threat. Long since past, the legends of old are forever etched in history.

While the heroes of old give way to the new, a new chapter is being written in the Star Wars galaxy. The rule of two has been abolished, and the lore of Darth Bane forever gone. And while the Jedi number in thousands, the Sith are just as abundant. Just as fierce a rival, the Dark Jedi have always sought to exterminate that of the Light. Only now has the opportunity risen in such tempting proportions, that the Dark Jedi have been integrated into the Sith, the two classifications mixed, and the product of a hybrid. The Order of Darkness, more commonly known as the New Sith Order now seeks to destroy the Jedi forever, and make their claim to the territory that they see to be rightfully theirs. In an epic battle, the Jedi and Sith are at it again, and this time the stakes are higher, and the rivalry more intense than ever.

The galaxy?s fate can only be determined by you?

TO join the rp go to: http://www.swrp.net/ . Once again, I insist on new members to join. Please hurry and join, the galaxy is awaiting.

21. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    You'll probably get a better response for a non-dice RPG like that in the RPF. Try making that same post in the RPF Community Center.

I like that Board yall have there too you just need to work on the main page. It dosen't look as visually pleasing and may turn some people off by making them think that it isn't a well run game. Just my 2 cents.

22. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I am looking for anyone from any part of the world to join in the Sith War Chronicles RPG at my forum (located at http://danyoda.proboards30.com/). This takes place in the Sith Wars era and is based on a fan fic, but you do not have to read the fan fic to enjoy this game. We will play online through the fourm or through AIM if you have it. Join if you would like to play or PM me here. Thanks

PS: If you don't like doing it online, anyone in the Chesapeake, VA area PM me.

23. MatevKenas

MatevKenas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Hickock, What's your Forum?

24. Kodek

Kodek Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm looking for a game to join either in the Fond du Lac, WI area (surrounding areas considered), or on the internet (via mIRC or e-mail). I would consider either WotC or WEG. I'm new to both. Please email me kodek@charter.net

- Kodek

25. eztvpc

eztvpc Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    This is for pen and paper RPGs, not videogames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.