The ***Official*** I have a Question about the EU thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ask away. With any luck, there will be answers.

2. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What's EU stand for? ?[face_plain]
  3. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Expanded Universe.

Also, European Union and Elephant Underwear.
  4. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Why does Gandolf spell his name with an "O" instead of an "A"? :confused:

:p

5. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's the proper way. Tolkien mispelled it all those years.
  6. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Gandy: Oh...um, how exactly did he spell it wrong? Isn't Gandalf just...a character of his own imagination? :confused:

Oh, and, can I call you "Gandy"? :D :p

7. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh! I must edit my copy of LOTR! Forgive me for not attending to it sooner. [face_blush]
  8. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Gandolf I hope they spelled it right in those small movies they made.

Oh and what is the worst thread you have ever seen in here?
  9. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alright, I?ll answer these, then you stop spamming this thread, you hear?

Oh, and, can I call you "Gandy"?

Everyone else does. I prefer GTG, but hey, we don?t always get what we want.

Oh and what is the worst thread you have ever seen in here?

One that involved vegetables being inserted into places of the human body where they?re really not meant to be inserted was pretty bad, but I think the one that I?d consider the worst would be a three or four page rant that had many unflattering things to say about the administration in general, concerning our strange (and in some places, illegal) sexual preferences, our dubious lineage, what demises we would ourselves in after our corporeal existence ended, and how we were unduly mean.
  10. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok on to a serious EU question.

There are always many misquotes by people in here about so and so saying this or that. Is there any forum which would be directly about quotes by authors, the great flanneled one, or LFL, the editors etc.
  11. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Gandolf: "Alright, I?ll answer these, then you stop spamming this thread, you hear?"

:eek:
    Yes, sir. :(

Err...I mean, yes, Gandy... [face_devil]

;)
  12. Twin_Suns_7 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i have a question. someone got mad at me for asking it on another thread, so i'll try again. does anyone know anything about SW.com releasing like action pics of the Solo kids and Tahiri, like they did with Mara?
  13. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The only EU figure I know to be planned is Aayla Secura, and that isnt really EU
  14. Jedi_Hope Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Yeah, I heard about this book where Luke Skywalker goes to the Dark Side and the Emperor comes back in a clone body. What book is this in?

Hehehe. KIDDING! :p (No offense to anyone who was ever asked this question, though. ;))

On a serious note: Coleman Trebor. What are (er, um, I mean, were) his homeworld and species? I haven't seen this information anywhere (unless its in the NEGTC, which I haven't looked through yet).

EDIT: Jedi_Hope, meet Mara Jade Skywalker.
  16. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Sorry, GTG, but it appears that I have just killed your thread. :(

Of course, maybe that was my intention all along. [face_mischief] [face_devil] :p
  17. starwarsfannumber1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Gandy, what about my poll " Do mods have lives", it didn't make your list. The most popular answer was " No mods do not have lives, SW is more deadly to a personal life than a PS2. :D
  18. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Um, could anyone explain the Aing Tii monks to me? Could I get page numbers too? I heard that they were in HoT, but if they were, I must have blacked out when they were involved. [face_plain] Any help would be great. :)
  19. Jslader Jedi Knight

star 1
    What happens to the (remnants of) the Empire? Is there still an Empire? I know they are supposed to attack again with some new dark jedi and fail...Is the Empire and its Dark Jedi program completely stamped out, or, as a lover of the Empire, do I still have reason to read the EU?
  20. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Obi_Wans_love_child...
    "There are always many misquotes by people in here about so and so saying this or that. Is there any forum which would be directly about quotes by authors, the great flanneled one, or LFL, the editors etc."

There is no forum for such things. However, the closest to what you're asking for is Jedi Merkurian's thread: RE: Post Proof Or Retract: Dispelling Myths Regarding EU. It has many useful quotes by authors, the great flanneled one, LFL, editors, etc. And if you have a question about some rumor or myth, that's the place to post it.

Jedi_Hope...
    "Mara? Who's Mara?"

She's the conceptual clone of the original red-headed, green-eyed Emperor's Hand, Shira Brie. Shira Brie's last command was to destroy Luke Skywalker, yet the two of them ended falling in love with each other. She first appeared in Marvel Comics' ongoing Star Wars comic, which will be reprinted by Dark Horse Comics beginning this month in a giant seven-book trade paperback collection.

Oh wait, what was your question again? Mara? Who's Mara? See above. Substitute "Mara Jade" for "Shira Brie" and you'll have your answer. [face_plain] (also substitute "The Thrawn Trilogy" for Marvel comics' ongoing comic.)

You can complete descriptions for both green-eyed, red-haired Emperor's Hands in the recently released New Essential Guide to Characters book.

Obi-Wan's Apparition...
    "Um, could anyone explain the Aing Tii monks to me? Could I get page numbers too? I heard that they were in HoT, but if they were, I must have blacked out when they were involved. Any help would be great."

The Aing-Tii were created by West End Games for their Darkstryder campaign supplement. This super-series of game adventures was comprised of:
      The Darkstryder Campaign Boxed Set
      The Kathol Outback
      The Kathol Rift
      Endgame
      (and... *** DARKSTRYDER SPOILERS ***

Otherspace
      Otherspace II: Invasion)
    In fact, there is much information to be found, more so than anywhere else in the EU within the Kathol Outback supplement book. It has an entire backround/history/culture section on them within the "Denizens of the Outback" chapter. The Darkstryder campaign ran from 1995-1996. Timothy Zahn's connection to the Aing-Tii came in the form of being hired to write some prose for the game supplements. He later used the Aing-Tii and the Kathol Sector in his Hand of Thrawn duology. I would supply page numbers, but I have taken a vow of ritualized self-mutilation. I must gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork should I ever lay my eyes upon the text of the Hand of Thrawn again.

Jslader...
    "What happens to the (remnants of) the Empire?"

There are various remnants of the Empire as well as those who are still the Empire. It depends on which faction you're talking about. It seems that Pellaeon's faction is the Empire, with the various splinter groups like Desann, etc. calling themselves Imperial Remnants. But even that's not at all very clear.

What is clear is yes, there is still an Empire out there in some form.

And you still have the reigning Sith Lord, Lumiya out there continuing her plans to destroy Luke Skywalker and reclaim the galaxy for the glory of the Sith.

"Is the Empire and its Dark Jedi program completely stamped out, or, as a lover of the Empire, do I still have reason to read the EU?"

You still have a reason to read the EU. They do in fact make an appearance in the current EU mega-series, the New Jedi Order. They have a fairly major part in the Dark Tide duology (NJO Books 2 & 3) as well as having some references in later books. There's an upcoming NJO book, "Remnant" which many speculate will definitely have an Imperial-focused plot. But, that hasn't been confirmed yet.
  21. starwarsfannumber1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    There are two major portions of the Remnant mentioned in EU. Pellaeon took control of the deep core systems after Daala left in disgrace. In NJO however we see him controlling a portion of the galaxy on the Rim. Essintial Cronology remedies this continuity problem by saying that Pellaeon moved to better hunting grounds in the Rim. Daala later returns and takes over the deep core, but this is only mentioned in the EC. Both Pellaeon and Daala were contained by the NR fleets until Pellaeon decided to call a truce in Spector of the Past. There are also various Imperials turned pirates and minor warlords running around out there.
  22. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The Remnent is Pellaeon's mini Empire, yet their are still small moffs with Imperial remnents.
  23. Rev_Leidu Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a question that's not really an EU question...how do you get the colors on your names? :D I've been wondering where I could ask this question but couldn't find a place...
  24. starwarsfannumber1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You have to be a mod, admin, or VIP to change the color of your name.
  25. Rev_Leidu Force Ghost

star 5
    I know that. I mean, how do you get the position?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.