main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ***Official*** I have a Question about the EU thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It was a blast, Havac. Emergency adamantium diaper saved me, barely in time. I didn't think Star Wars had the marshmellows to show an interrogantion scene the likes Leia underwent in Swarm War. I genuinely thought Solo had his ear sliced off . . . until I thought Denning wouldn't really do that, and it kicked in it had to be a subterfuge, and as it turned out many pages later, it was.

To see your husband tortured by allies you don't want to hurt . . . it was a Knighthood test like no other, and the gravity of that chapter diamonds the entire book.

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Is there an official George Lucas quote saying the Empire is evil? If so, where?

3. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Some people will say that when the opening crawl calls it "THE EVIL EMPIRE" its from an outside narrator (presumably Lucas)

4. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    I'm not sure how this will go over but, is that the LOTF logo in this poster? http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith-Jedi-Battle-Posters_i1182605_.htm If so, has there been any reason for why it was put in the poster?

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    That's not *just* the Legacy symbol. It's also, in-universe, the symbol of the Jedi Order.

6. mystic-jedi

mystic-jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2007
    i am an extreme newbie and i was browsing around the forum when I cam across a name of character called Kol Skywalker. Could someone please tell me who this is?

7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Kol Skywalker is a decendent of Luke Skywalker. He appears in the Legacy comic series as the father of Cade Skywalker (who is one of the main characters of the series).

We do not know how many generations pass between Luke and Kol, (meaning we don't know if Ben Skywalker is Kol's father or there is someone else in between.)

Kol Skywalker is a link to the wookieepedia info page on him. I believe there are spoilers in there so be careful if you don't want spoilers.

8. mystic-jedi

Jan 28, 2007
    Does Dash Rendar ever appear in anything else besides Shadows of the Empire (and its video games, comics, etc)?

9. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    From Wookieepedia:

Appearances

Rebel Dawn
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Possibly piloting the Outrider)
    Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (Non-canonical appearance)
    Galaxy of Fear: The Doomsday Ship
    Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
    Shadows of the Empire comic
    Shadows of the Empire Kenner Special
    Shadows of the Empire: Evolution
    Or Die Trying (Mentioned only)
    New Jedi Order (Possible appearance)

10. mystic-jedi

Jan 28, 2007
    where would the possible apperance in New Jedi Order? isn't he dead at the end of SotE?

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    He survives, as shown in the game. We see him afterwards in SotE: Evolution, too.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I couldn't find the official "Panel to Panel, Vol. 2" thread for the life of me, so I'm going to post this here:

Where is this picture from?

...or was it specifically made for this book?

13. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    How powerful is Aurra SIng....I've heard she's killed a lot of Jedi, and even dueled Jacen to a standstill in the Legacy Of The Force series. If so, how did she lose to Jacen. Wookiepedia doesn't really explain it....

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to the New Essential Guide to Characters, she was pretty powerful. She had Jedi training in the Temple for 7 years after being discovered by the Dark Woman. Ki-Adi-Mundi was also one of her trainers. When she was 9 she was training with the Dark Woman on Ord Namurt. She was captured by star pirates who convinced her that the Dark Woman sold her into slavery. Aligning herself with the pirates, she learned their fighting tricks as well. The pirate captain taught her ambush and tracking techniques. He later sold her to Wallanooga the Hutt when he became afraid of her. The Hutt wanted to make her an assassin so he apprenticed her to a group of Anzati. They taught her their techniques and from them she also gained the biocomputer in her head.

15. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Allana, Jacen's four year old daughter, sticks Aurra Sing with her "safety stick" - a stick that has some kind of paralysing toxin thing in it.

16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but --- is there any chance that this thread could be stickied?

17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    ***bump***

Someone asked in the scholarship thread where this thread was.

18. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    At the end of AOTC the order for the clone army has just barely been made. So where do they get the 50+ Aclammators that take off of Courascant and the movies end?

19. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    We believe that Lord Tyrannus had made sister deals with the Intergalactic Banking Clan, the Commerce Guild, & the Trade Federation as well as the deal for the order of clonetroopers from Kamino. Everything happened as forseen by the soon-to-be Emperor.

I want to know if the Jedi that Gen Grievious slaughtered in the catacombs of Geonosis had believed that he was a Sith despite not being able to sense the force in him.

20. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Wouldn't someone be suspicious? I mean first I still wonder where the financing for the Clone Army was thought to come from, if they thought a rogue jedi placed the order, and then entire fleets being ordered with no credit trail?

SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP

21. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    This is only marginally EU related, but does anybody know if these are authentic?

[image=http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/2608/cw1fj7.jpg]

[image=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2743/cw2iy4.jpg]

22. darthbangkok

darthbangkok Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    I read in one of the other threads that Anakin Skywalkers light saber is on Kashyyk. So how did it get there? I thought that Luke lost it on Bespin when he got his hand cut off by, well, Anakin Skywalker.

23. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I believe you've got your Anakins confused. It's Anakin SOLO's lightsaber that's on Kashyyyk, not Skywalker's.

24. darthbangkok

darthbangkok Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Whoops, thanks. I think I remember that. They put it there to be with Chewbaka after Anakin died

25. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Though, was Anakin Skywalker's saber lost any time after TLC? Because if not it wouldn't be difficult at all, in theory, to put it in some treetrunk on Kashyyyk ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.