main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ***Official*** I have a Question about the EU thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    When did the powers that be decide to change Boba Fett from a loner who had minimal contact with others to the cowned Mandalore? is it just to have an army of mandalorians in the current era?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was long ago. Fenn Shysa was the Manda'lor leading the Supercommandos (as seen at the end of the Marvel comic run) and he and Fett hooked up later. When Fett was present at Shysa's death, Fenn asked him to take up the mantle of Manda'lor (like his father, Jango was) and lead them back to greatness.

3. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    thanks dp i never read the old marvels. [face_whistling]

4. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    That wasn't depicted in the Marvels, was it? I thought it was first mentioned much later, in History of the Mandalorians or something.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's okay, only the Shysa part resurrecting the Mandalorian Supercommandos was from that part. The reconnection with Fett, et al came much, much later than that (since Fett was assumed to be dead in EU-land at that point until Dark Empire [1991] I believe).

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    When/where did the whole part about "Shogun" come out? Was that in Insider?

7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Don't know where else to ask...

The current Literature Banner is gorgeous. Where is the artwork from?

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    It's all concept art. Most of it's from the movies but the two humans and the trandoshan are from Star Wars: Galaxies

9. Jedi_Master_Luc

Jedi_Master_Luc Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I have asked these two questions in two other threads but it seems that after a thread leaves the front page no one answers! I'll try it again and who knows? Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Question #1
    Are there any comic book representations of the XJ series X-Wings, ChaseX or Stealth X anywhere out there? I'm curious to see what they look like. I've seen the ReconX and the tandem, or double seater, X-Wing, but none of the others.

Question #2
    In Legacy #10 when Morrigan Corrde is on Jor Torlin's ship, there's a weapons cabinet behind her in one frame. There are two real world automatic rifles in said cabinet. Well one looks SIMILAR to an M-4 with a drum-clip the other is a SPOT ON duplicate of an H&K MP5. Then on the cover of Dark Times #1, Dass Jennir is holding in his left hand a SPOT ON FN P-90 with a silencer. I know it's probably not intentional and i'm not saying the artists did it on purpose. And i am well aware that all the blasters from the OT are real world guns made to look "spacey" (Han Solo's DL being a Mauser Broomhandle, and the Stormtrooper's rifles being Brens) But i am curious does this happen often?

Master Luc

10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >When/where did the whole part about "Shogun" come out? Was that in Insider?<

Yep; the History of the Mandalorians article in that magazine.

TC

11. Lord_Caedus

Lord_Caedus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2007
    Why did George Lucas tell Del Rey not to make any more Jedi Wookies? Did he do that?

12. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I'm new to the eu and have only read a couple of books. I was wondering if there is a eu book about vader finding out or suspecting that palpatine lied about him killing padme besides RODV?thanks for whatever answers and sorry if i missed a thread.

13. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005

One thing that bugged me in Sacrifice is when Mara discovered the power to hide herself in the Force from Ben. Luke in TUQ not only hid himself in the Force but as well as Han, the droids, Tarfang and Junn. Wouldn't this power already have been acessible to her thru Luke ?

14. Alpha-02

Alpha-02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Not really as yet, the only look we get into Vader's mind relatively close to RotS is RoDV as you mentioned. Maybe Ryder Windham's upcoming book may touch upon it, but it's aimed at the YA market so I wouldn't expect it to go into deep psychological analysis.

There is a difference between the two skills I believe, one hides you from perception of the force completely, which has been used by a number of Jedi without anything being made out of it - i.e. Ganner on the camp-ship in Traitor. The other skill hides your connection to the force from outside sources, which is only seen rarely - i.e. Vergere, Palpatine, Jacen.

The skill that Ben teaches Mara having learnt from Jacen is I believe much more like the skill that Palpatine and Vergere used. They were able to prevent force users from detecting their strength in the force and yet to still appear in the force. Hiding yourself in the force is useful when you need to hide completely, but for someone like Palpatine it would have been noticed by the Jedi if he was standing there and didn't register in the force at all - it would be obvious that something wasn't right.

So to sum up, the well known skill hides you completely from force users perception, essentially you appear to them like a YV, blank in the force, but once they physically see you the trick is obvious. The lesser known (and presumably more difficult) skill hides only your force connection, aside from that you appear as any normal non-FS person would to a force user.

15. trayjahn

trayjahn Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2006
    Does anyone know where i can find some images of sith hieroglyphics. I dont mean the writing on vaders chestplate ,that is just a modified version of hebrew as admitted by the people who designed vaders costume. i mean the original sith or sithese language. I know it takes the form of hooked and babed hieroglyphics but despite trawling the net i have not found any images of it. apparently there are some depictions of these symbols in the graphic novels that deal with the golden age of the sith and exar kun, if anyone knows which issues could they please let me know. also i have heard that a new book is coming out in november "the essential guide to the force" which deals with the jedi and sith, does anyone know if this will have any pictures of the sith language. I am particular keen on finding some of the great sith sayings such as "there is no pain where strength lies" in there original sith hieroglyphic form. any help anyone can give me would be greatle appreciated

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I *believe* the Dark Side Sourcebook from Wizards of the Coast has some items in there with the hieroglyphics on them, though I confess to it being a while since I've cracked that particular book.

17. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Could someone briefly explain the whole 'K'Kruhk and His Cool Hat' thing? Is there some inside joke at play?

18. Admiral_Lobot

Admiral_Lobot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    My question is thus- what in the nine hells happened to Kenth Hamner? I don't think he's even MENTIONED in LoTF.

19. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Here's a link to a thread that will tell you all you need to know - No more Wookiee Jedi

20. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I've looked all over the 'net for a pic of a Stealth X & finally I found one. It's exactly what you'd expect.

21. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I borrowed this answer from another thread asking the same question. Enjoy!

22. Lord_Caedus

Lord_Caedus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2007
    If a Jedi loses his light saber in one of those Jedi purges that happen from time to time, can a Jedi make one almost anywhere or is it still hard to find the crystals for the weapon? Where are the natural crystals for sabers now?

23. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    He's mentioned in either BLOODLINES or SACRIFICE as having been put in a difficult position due to his alliegence to the GA, iirc. He never appears. I think he's just called by his first name and tied to Corran as Jedi who are being pulled in seperate directions due to loyalties.

24. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Luke 'cooked up' the crystal he made for his RotJ+ lightsaber and used a bit of the Kaiburr crystal as well. See Shadows of the Empire The Kaiburr bit must have been an auxiliary crystal as the blade was clearly green and not red as the Kaiburr was. Jaina also 'cooked up' her amethyst-colored crystal for her lightsaber in YJK: Lightsabers. Both, I believe, had to use the Force in the process of creating the crystal so it's not as simple as making minerals form a structure.

Jacen's lightsaber has a Corusca gem as the focusing crystal. These were mined by Lando out of Yavin IV gas giant. Jacen acquired it in YJK: Heirs of the Force. Tahiri used a Krayt dragon pearl, I believe. This was all written before the PT era brought us knowledge of Illum and the crystal caves there, and before The Ruins of Dantooine brought us knowledge of the crystal deposit there, as well.

The PT era material implies that the crystals a Jedi uses are special to the Jedi in question. The Force leads him/her/it to them or they call to the Jedi. This does not invalidate the methods of selection in YJK as Lowbacca, Jacen, and Tenel Ka all used materials and crystals that had connection and meaning to them, personally, and even Jaina's choice to make her crystal has significance to her personality and talents.

So, there are natural crystals everywhere throughout the galaxy. The trick for the individual Jedi is to find a particular crystal that they have a connection to. Apparently the Old Order had a high rate of success in finding these crystals on Illum, so it became a preferred hunting ground. It wasn't the only one, and as far as I know, the crystal deposits on Illum and Dantooine still exist.

25. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    LotF era-

Who is still using tie fighters and why? Or rather, why weren't these replaced long ago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.