The ***Official*** I have a Question about the EU thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster203 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm thinking that Karen Traviss confirmed the old "Kiffar" to be Bardan Jusik, right?
  2. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
  4. _ThatJediScum_ Force Ghost

star 3
    What were the books in which Gaeriel Captison appeared? And why was she killed off?

bran
  5. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    She appeared in 1994's The Truce at Bakura, as well as 1995's Assault at Selonia and Showdown at Centerpoint. Not quite sure why she was killed off --- I tried finding an interview with Roger Macbride Allen, the author who did it, to find out, but I couldn't find anything. Her databank entry at starwars.com just says this:

Gaerial Captison first appeared in The Truce at Bakura, a novel by Kathy Tyers published by Bantam Spectra. Her background was further explained in The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook from West End Games. Her character died in Showdown at Centerpoint, the final book of the Corellian Trilogy by Roger MacBride Allen.
  6. LastOneStanding Jedi Master

star 4
    She died as a noble sacrifice. She had already been mortally wounded when one of the Corellian ships rammed the starship she was on. As a result, she and the admiral on the ship (who was also dying) made the decision to set their ship to self-destruct to take out some of Sal-Solo's forces.

Besides, if she hadn't died, some people would be complaining that Luke didn't marry her instead of Mara.
  7. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    rereading through my books. in Darksaber, kyp keeps referring to the "Core Systems". is he really talking about the deep core but the book is just old? or do they actually have territory near coruscant?
  8. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Anybody know who Luminara's Jedi master was? (I checked the Databank and the Wook, but didn't find anything.)
  9. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I don't think that's ever been established.
  10. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    The Power of the Jedi SB established she was trained by another Mirialan Jedi, but we're not given a name.
  11. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no, even excluding Devilworlds, there was time travel in the EU as far back as the Droids comics.
  12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Havac & blackmyron -- Thanks!
  13. StateOfLoveAndTrust Force Ghost

star 2
  14. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    It's the "Deep Core" IIRC.
  15. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Or the 'Imperial Core' which becomes mostly synomous with the Deep Core in this era.

We're not entirely sure as to the status of Kuat and Corellia immediately post-Dark Empire. Yet. Ask again in September, when the Atlas is out, and we'll have all the info we need, one hopes.

Question; What is Luminara's Form? Has Eeth Koth or Saesee Tiin ever had Form's assigned?
  16. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I think Saesee Tiin's form was the rarely seen Complete Helplessness.
  17. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I believe Luminara was a practitioner of Form III, not sure on the others.
  18. Trepidation Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_laugh] Good one!!! [face_laugh]

Rarely seen because the practioner rarely has the opportunity to use it more than once.

19. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Soresu? I thought so too. Because she pushed her hand forward and held her lightsaber behind her but pointing forward, like Obi-Wan and Revan, though Revan modified it to hold his blade with two hands and pointed forward from behind him...

I'm working out the Forms for characters by opening stance, or trying to. I reckon Saesee and Eeth used Form IV, as they use a similar opening stance to Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan in Ep I, and Yoda generally.

Thankfully Kit and Mace have distinct opening stances, so Form I and VII can easily distinguished.

So, yes, I assume Revan knows Soresu, Niman and Jar'kai, which makes a lot of sense, considering he's Dark Lord.
  20. AdmirableAckbar Jedi Knight

star 2
    This isn't so much a question as a request for a summary-type thing, but would anyone who's read Star Wars Adventures 6: The Warlords of Balmorra be able to tell me what role Skorr plays in it in detail? If he does a lot, then maybe PM would work best.

If this is the wrong place for this type of thing, my apologies.
  21. TrulyGhent Jedi Master

star 4
    I need some help perfecting quotes and I was directed here. :D

The first thing I was wondering about is the Yuuzhan Vong saying about twins being where the gods smile down or something like that. :confused:

The second is from Jorj Cardas to Talon Karrde in VOTF, and it runs something like: "Knowledge, Talon, information, my passion once. My weapon, and my defense, and my comfort now." but I'm not sure I have the punctuation right. Cardas says it when Karrde sees his library for the first time. (The one under the mountain.)

Can you help me please? [face_praying]

<^>
  22. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    in the YJK books luke is married to mara by this point (obviously that was written after the fact) so is there any reason given as to why shes not around the academy?
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    She's gallivanting around the galaxy with Mirax at this point, I recall.
  24. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    thx Sin

is that in a book, comic, or other?
  25. FireJade Force Ghost

star 4
    Also, VotF wasn't released until YJK was nearly over. So even though they had made the decision to tie the knot and referenced this in a very tangential way (by Luke's mysterious trips), they couldn't mention that Luke was married to Mara.

I'm curious as to the source regarding exactly what Mara was doing at the time, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.