main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ***Official*** I have a Question about the EU thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Maximus

Mr_Maximus Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Who is LORD NYAX? I saw a custom figure of him at another site. I guess he is from the New Jedi Order. The figure has him with sabers on his legs and arms. Whats with that?

-thanks in advance

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The word brother cane be viewed in a cultural sense, as african americans often refer to one as their "brother" or "sister", this could signalfy Obi was born on Tatooine, like Owen.

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Mr M, Lord Nyax is Irek Isrmen, only after suspended animation.

4. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    BUMP

hmmm.........uh.....is this the official thread for EU questions?

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    If you can read

6. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Is "Space Balls" canon?

...I mean, uh... UP.

7. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I have a question: What is the name of the comics about Quinlan Vos after Twilight?

Also, what are the "galaxy guides" and where can I find them?

8. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    space balls is infinities :D but it can fit the timeline a few hours before ROTJ

In The ROTJ novel it says that DVader did not know Yoda, how is that possible?

9. AZULDOS

AZULDOS Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    After reading the "Darkhorse" Timeline. a few things had me puzzled. The most curious thing for me was some of the warriors...Do more than just Sith and Jedi's use Light sabers? For example Mara Jade. She is the Emporers right hand...She has a Light saber, Is she a Sith, even though Vader is still present. Or is she just a tough women that weilds a Saber? Maybe she is an apprentice to a emperor clone. If someone could please give me some help!

10. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    The mini-series right after "Twilight" was called "Infinity's End."

I think you just have to suspend the notion that only Jedi and Sith can wield lightsabers. Mara Jade, though not Jedi or Sith, recieved Force-training from Emperor Palpatine while she served him, and thus learned to fight/kill with a lightsaber... but she wasn't nearly as proficiant with it as Jedi/Sith were. Another example of non Jedi/Sith lightsaber owners would be Aurra Sing from the prequel era. I believe she had a lightsaber in the comic story arcs "Outlander" and "The Hunt for Aurra Sing."

11. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    BUMP
    In The ROTJ novel it says that Darth Vader did not know Yoda, how is that possible?

12. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Does it? Read the passage closer.

13. Vagrant_Jedi

Vagrant_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Hm, I Have a few questions that I doubt can be anwsered but here's to hoping...

1) What species is Jedi Master Djinn Altis and how old is he (my estimates would place him at either over 400, over 300, or over 200 depending on my 3rd question).

2) Was Yoda teaching aboard the Chu'unthor when it crashed (two confliting reports say 1: he was on board and 2: that he was sent in later as a 'rescue party').

3) When EXACTLY did the Chu'unthor crash into Dathimor. There are 3 conflicting reports, all OFFICIAL. These reports place the date at either 400, 300, or 200 years before RotJ...but which one is correct?

4) How did the Dathimor witch Rall (the one that made the treaty with Yoda) survive that long to see Luke Skywalker (again depending on which report is correct, she's either 400+, 300+, or 200+, all of which are way to old for a human).

5) This question I doubt has ever been answered in anything SWEU related but anyways, are Jedi Masters Vulatan and Gra'aton (the same 2 that helped Yoda rescue the survivors of the Chu'unthor crash) male or female and of what species?

Well I hope somebody here has any idea of what I'm talking about...I know it's a rather obscure reference.

14. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Does it? Read the passage closer.
    Here is the exact quote
    "he wished, briefly, hed met Yoda to thank the old Jedi for the training hed given Luke"-Darth Vader frm the novel

15. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    ;)

Meet Yoda - to thank him for Luke's training.

16. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    can you please tell me where this lumiya person appears? i have never heard of her and i own almost every star wars novel

17. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    :D
    1-Can someone post a link to a Blue Yoda thread?
    2-Is there a limit to how many books are published in a year(SW BOOKS)?

3What about comics how many are they released, just one a month?

18. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    evanchester

Also, what are the "galaxy guides" and where can I find them?

The Galaxy Guides were published by West End Games as part of their roleplaying line. They feature background information and stats for the characters, locations and weapons from the movies, as well as some created material.

I believe there were fourteen in total. They are now out of print, but you can still find them in some game stores, and through internet auction sites like eBay.

19. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Bump

1-Can someone post a link to a Blue Yoda thread?
    2-Is there a limit to how many books are published in a year(SW BOOKS)?

3What about comics how many are they released, just one a month?

20. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I've been away from the books for quite some time. The last ones I read were the second Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn. I recently picked up Vector Prime. How much have I missed in between?

21. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Depends. Had you read all the ones released by the time that HoT (second Thrawn series) was ? Off the top of my head, i'd say you probably missed X-wing #9, possibly X-wing #8, Rogue Planet (prequel, ties into NJO), The Approaching Storm (prequel, ties into AotC), Cloak of Deception (prequel), Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter (prequel), Darth Maul : Saboteur (e-book, prequel).

You might also have missed Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest and maybe the end of the YJK series. You also probably missed the last Bantam SW book, Tales of the New Republic (SWAJ reprints). Hope that helps.

22. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I've read the majority of the ones before HoT, although I really can't remember some of them. The last Star Wars book I read was about four years ago. I know there's parts of the X-Wing series I never read. The prequels are all new to me. So it looks like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on. Thanks, DaJames.

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm writing a new trilogy set during the supposed Sith War era.

Where could I get information for this time period? I'm going to stick to basics, but I think it would be a lot of fun to write out my own perception of how it goes, but I'd like to be as faithful as possible.

Anyone care to give me info, or direct me to a place to get the info?

And no, I don't have time to read any books.

Thank you.

24. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    *bump*

Anyone?

25. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    Pick up the comic book TPB's of the Tales of the Jedi series:
    The Golden Age of the Sith
    The Fall of the Sith Empire
    Tales of the Jedi (also called "Knights of the Old Republic")
    The Freedon Nadd Uprising
    Dark Lords of the Sith
    The Sith War
    Redemption

I've never read it, but the new Jedi vs. Sith comic series might be useful, although it takes place thousands of years after the others. Also, check out the Essential Chronology for some vague info on this time period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.