main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* "I'd like to see a ____________ animated series" thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by cain718, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cain718

cain718 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2009
    yes or no.

We've had several different threads about different animated series users would like to see in the future. I'm going to consolidate them into this thread. All discussion about KOTOR series, Shadows of the Empire, Jedi Purge, etc. go here. Thanks, G_M.

2. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    no. If they're going to make another animated series, PLEASE make it sometime after RotJ !!!!! I won't even ask for specifics! :p Just something after that time. I'm not sick of the PT-era stuff, I just would really love to see something post RotJ [face_praying]

anyway, I can see the live-action series focusing at least slightly on the great jedi purge.

3. Darth_Cylan

Darth_Cylan Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    nah. I'd prefer the vong war

4. QueenMother_LK

Feb 17, 2009
    yeah. The Vong stuff has SO much potential if they ever wanted to do anything with it.

5. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Noooooooooooooooooo! That's what the LAS is for.

6. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    For those who want a post RotJ show...

Given how Lucas has dealt with the EU in the films and TCW, can you imagine the fan outrage that would result from such a show? It would be as if millions of EU fan voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

To borrow from another thread...

Writers: Whew, we're finally finished with the outline for our 5 season CG animated show about [insert major EU story here].
    *door opens*
    Lucas: Nope. Palpy was the last of the Sith. Thrawn never existed. And the whole concept of the Yuuzhan Vong (and the ysalamirii too for that matter) totally doesn't work given how I say the Force works. After Episode 6 the most significant problem faced by the galaxy as a whole is smugglers.
    *door shuts*
    *door opens*
    Lucas: But they are mean smugglers.
    *door shuts*

As for a show during the purge, that might be interesting.

7. QueenMother_LK

Feb 17, 2009
    Ugh, I know that is a possibility, but can't I hope??!! [face_praying]:p

haha [face_laugh] Hopefully it wouldn't be quite that bad.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Isn't most of the EU non-canon anyway since Lucas didn't endorse it?

As far as I know the inly things he gave approval to are the light side male ending of KOTOR, Chewie dying and the storyline for The Force Unleashed.

Everything else is fun to read, but Lucas can contradict it all he wants since he never wrote the EU stuff and most of it wasn't his idea. If it doesn't fit with what he wants to do why shouldn't he change it?

9. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    To answer the OP, no. I'm good with ROTS, although I wish they re-added Vader killing Shaak Ti in the Jedi Temple.

In terms of canon, here are my rankings:

Official Canon: The movies
    Lesser Canon: TCW
    Up for Debate: CW Series, Video Games and Novels before ROTJ
    Alternate Universe: Novels Post ROTJ

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Agreed - (and before the EU 'purist' jump on us, yes, we know that LFL considers the EU 'official'...)

Really, I don't want to see the 'Purge' either, but some OT era Rebellion stories would be very cool to have if done in the same style.

11. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    Don't mind either way.

I'd prefer an animated series set during the three years between EpIV and V

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'd rather see the Jedi Purge in the Live Action Series.

As for anything post RotJ - it would have to be something totally new, because the existing post-RotJ EU totally raped Star Wars. All that nonsense about it being okay to use the Dark side for the greater good etc.... it completely contradicts everything we've seen in the films. Don't even get me started on the Vhong nonsense.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    NO Only would entertain a KOTOR or TOR animated series

14. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

15. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I'd rather not see an animated series set during the purge. I rather just leave that to the LA show. Seeing a show about Luke re-establishing the Jedi Order and the early New Republic days would be nice. And for something like that animation would work better (Could you imagine the nightmare of trying to cast new actors to play the OT characters). I tend to pretend the stories after the Vong War ends don't exist (excepting the Legacy comics, I love those), so any show dealing with that junk would be a waste. Sometimes the best thing is a happy ending. And Luke and friends really needed one.

16. Kev_Snowmane

Kev_Snowmane Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2009
    The problem is that I don't think most people asking for a series dealing with the Great Jedi Purge (which is what I think they're REALLY wanting, not just one set between Ep 3 and 4) stop and realize that either:

1) The show will focus on a bunch of characters basically doomed to die. There is no chance of them ever winning or even surviving because of canon.

2) If they DON'T follow canon and have a bunch of surviving Jedi, then the "purists" will have a hissy fit.

17. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    Althouh it would contradict much of the EU, I´m in for a classic era animation series...

18. Grievous

Grievous Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    I'd watch it, but then again, I'm a sucker for anything SW related.

Would prefer a Rouge Squadron series to be honest. :D

19. QueenMother_LK

Feb 17, 2009
    Agreed and agreed. That would be awesome

20. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Not really, because you can't really have the Rebels or renegade Jedi scoring any major victories against Vader, Palpatine or the empire as a whole until ANH ( Which states that the Rebels' first MAJOR victory is the theft of the DS plans..

21. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Sold. Want this show right now. =D= Well, except for the smugglers...

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Lucas helped out on the Shadows of the Empire stuff and he borrowed Courscant from Timthey Zahn books. So in the End he does agree to some of the books.

23. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    cough cough Darke times cough cough

it's still not done, but do we care ;)

24. erock311

erock311 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2009
    Hey since every one else seems to be falling pretty far from the tree, I'd like to see a show about the Renegade Squadron, Starting from the recruiting and ending with the Batlle of Endor. And don't anybody tell me that Lucas doesn't accept the game or it's not canon it's endorsed by Lucasfilm.

25. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    Well if you insist on thinking new... Then i think Tyber Zann is the right way.
    he is the only one i can think off that has the slightest chance in beating Trawn in poker.
    he is rather unn used in the eu (only appearing in the eaw fc) tho I am still hoping for at new empire at war that spans from the beginning of ep I to the end of EP VI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.