main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL "I'm not embarrassed!" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Mayhaps this is a better fit for SWC, but the people this thread is designed for post more often in here...

I love Star Wars. Not every aspect of the franchise, but a lot of it. Even some parts that are "unpopular" to approve of. I suspect that almost everyone here is the same.

So here's the place to tell everyone, "I don't care what anyone else says - I love the 'No, I'M so in love with YOU' balcony scene from RotS!" (seriously, I do)

Next time someone's discussing an aspect of the franchise we like in an unflattering way, and we have nothing substantial to contribute, instead of spamming that thread with numerous posts conveying nothing more material than "Go TPM!" we can come here for a big love-in.

Golden Rule of the Thread: This is for discussing what we like. If you also like something someone mentions, feel free to chime in in agreement. If you don't like it, say nothing and move on. There are plenty of other threads if you want to debate the matter.

2. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Nice thread!

I love all the Tatooine scenes in Episode I...they really capture the Star Wars 'feel' that I grew up loving through the OT.

3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    ewoks 4 life, haters.
    the word "younglings" doesn't bother me.
    the "NooooOOOOoooOOOOOoooOOO!" doesn't make me laugh.
    kitster is the man.
    hayden christensen is a brilliant anakin skywalker.
    jabba the hutt belongs in epIV, yeah! thats right!
    i'll take cgi snoodles over puppet gal any day
    and new ESB emperor? a dream come true.

oh yeah, and GREEDO SHOT FIRST

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I love ewoks!

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is a great idea for a thread. Still thinking about my input for it, but yeah... good idea. :)

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Me neither, I've never understood the bashing the word attracted. But then again, I came across the term long before I ever watched the prequels.

My main pick would probably be all the Endor happenings. It's a bit absurd to go from the stark surroundings of ESB to the teddy bear picnic, but fortunately I saw these films at a young enough age that I can in turn accept the goofiness for what it is even when revisiting them as an adult.

7. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Wow, great thread idea... I'll probably have to post several times to remember everything... So, off the top of my head:
    1. The Phantom Menace is one of the best!
    2. Anakin + Padme love story and dialouge is AWESOME.
    3. Hayden does a great job as Anakin.
    4. I LOVE THE EWOKS!!! [face_dancing]
    5. No offense to Sebastian Shaw, but I love how GL added Hayden to ROTJ.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I like the TPM journey through the core.

I really like it!

I know it's unpopular for many fans, but it just has great music and it's a different part of SW than what we normally see(underwater journey).

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    More from me!
    1. The word "younglings" never bothered me. I tease my friends by calling them younglings. XD
    2. The Phantom Menace's trip through the core was cool, never had a problem with it.
    3. JAR JAR BINKS RULEZ! OK, seriously, I'm not a huge fan of Jar Jar, but I'm not a hater either. He's cool.

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Palpatine telling the story of Lord Plagueis.

That, and those frogs that Jabba eats. Yum! Taste like pickles with bones.

11. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Who has problems with those things? Man, some people are too picky. :p

12. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I always assumed the majority of fans loved this one? It's a great scene..one of the most engrossing dialogue driven scenes in the entire saga.

13. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    My bad. Posting away between meetings and didn't catch the drift of the thread...:oops:

Note to self: stop smoking death sticks.

14. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    You want to go home and rethink your life.

15. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Is this EVER the thread for ME!

Seriously, just look at my Top Five Favorite SW Character list- Luke, Jar Jar, Obi-Wan, Vader, and Wicket, in that order.... I got Gungan and Ewok FEVAH!

I admit, I cry every time I'm watching Caravan of Courage, because Chukha-Trok was so friggin' AWESOME... and they go and kill him off. :_|

I also admit to saying 'chak' and 'kvark' in everyday life at least once a month, because the Ewoks cartoon was so awesome.

And I admit to actually asking Abel G. Pena over on the official boards what's the deal with Logray's age, because there's hints he's 'two hundred snows' old, or 'as old as the trees'.

I also admit that I like Jar Jar so much because, well, he's basically me as a Star Wars character. I've spent my entire LIFE being the uber-clumsy goofball who means well but screws everything up regardless.

I also manage to pull some truly Jar Jar-worthy accidents. Like last month, I dropped a full two liter of diet root beer on an empty two liter bottle, which proceeded to fly off, hit the wall, ricochet off and bean me upside the head.

I love Jar Jar so much because in the end it's his being a lot like ME that makes him a hero, that brings the Gungans and the Naboo together.

And I just love the Gungan people so much- I love the organic look to everything they make, their exotic weaponry- heck, I'll admit it, I even love Gungan Basic so much I occasionally type posts in other forums in it. [face_laugh]

And I admit to thinking Captain Tarpals is the most badass character in The Phantom Mence- yes, I ACTUALLY went there, Maul fans!

PS: RIP Chukha-Trok- we'll never foget you and your AXE OF DOOM!
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/96/Chukha-trok.jpg]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Get in touch with Lucas' people immediately, you could be in the LAS! He loves that stuff!

17. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Who knows? Maybe I will!

I just love it when I read posts over on the official message boards about how Jar Jar's clumsiness is 'unrealistic' or 'you expect there are actually people out there like that?'

I just smile. And think of my three-foot-thick medical records. [face_laugh]

18. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Bombad Jedi = Best episode of Clone Wars

19. BaronLandoCalrissian

BaronLandoCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Puffy, drunken Han Solo from Return of the Jedi.

20. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    I like that Anakin continued to use his blue saber once he embraced the dark side instead of immediately trading it in for the sterotypical red lightsaber.

21. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    I'm not embarrassed that the whole OT is about Luke Skywalker.

When Non-SW people try and talk about Star Wars -

"Luke, the man, the Jedi, not the myth"

"Like Luke Skywalker, I got the Force!"

Its true - so I never get embarrassed about trying to say Vader is the big cheese of SW

22. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    You surpise me, JKH!

Alright, here we go...

I've watched TPM at least twice as much as the original Star Wars, and will continue to do so until the day I leave fandom.

Watto is the most endearing alien in the entire series. I sincerely wish Lucas would digitally replace Threepio and Chewbacca with this nutty gambling degenerate. Just watching him scratch his leg sends me into giddy hysterics.

I loved the fact that Palpatine was giggling his sadistic tuckus off during the Senate apocalpyse. The guy just came out of the proverbial closet--and it's raining Sith!

23. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well yeah that would be silly.

Evil Anakin: "Get away from me good lightsaber! I now need an evil one!"

edit: sentence

24. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I love every single SE edit!
    I love Ewoks!
    I love the PT just the same as the OT, all 6 films are the greatest movies of all time!
    Anikan and Padme's love scenes are very well written.
    Little anikan and Kitster are great characters.
    Bombad Jedi = Best episode of Clone Wars
    and....*drumroll*....I LOVE JAR JAR!

Glad I got all of that off of my chest. :)

25. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I also love every special edition edit. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.