main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL "I'm not embarrassed!" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I really want an Ewok plush toy. :)

2. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    What about it would embarrass you? The added "yuck" factor of them being siblings made the original trilogy especially memorable, and changes the story in an unexpectedly funny way. So that part doesn't embarrass me.

3. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    To be frank, I don't find incest between two consenting adults to be morally offensive anymore, which is why the kiss (or any other moments of sexual tension between Luke & Leia) doesn't embarrass me.

Not that I'm personally into that lifestyle myself, mind you; my sister's ugly as sin. [face_sick]

4. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    No matter how cheesy some may say it is, I enjoyed Anakin piloting in Episode 1. Good stuff.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    IMO the description of Anakin's destruction of the TF ship in Brooks' novel plays significantly better than the film's version, where it seems like nothing more than a kid button-mashing a video game.

6. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I didn't realize that the word "younglings" was unpolular. I actually like it a lot. If I ever have kids, I'll call them younglings.

Also, hilarious story, dewback_rancher. I like Jar Jar a little bit better just knowing that there is a Jar Jar here on earth.

7. obi_arin_kenobi

obi_arin_kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2006
    I love that Haydens delivery is based off of Vaders speech "mannerisms" in the OT. Brilliant move by Lucas.

8. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Here's another biggie from me: I find the ANH Rebel Troopers a LOT cooler than stormies OR clones. Clamshell helmets FTW! [face_peace]

9. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Grievous may be a coward, but I still think he is one of the coolest Star Wars villains.

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I am not the slightest bit embarrassed to say that Revenge of the Sith is my favorite movie of ALL TIME. ...and I grew up thinking nothing would ever be better then the OT.

11. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I'll give ROTS this- it's got the most beautiful, flawless ending of any of the Saga. Just... the music, the cinematography, everything... it's just... PERFECT.

It ends where it all began, you know what I mean? And ROTS really captures that feeling, with the dual sunset, and Luke and Leia's leitmotifs playing in the background. Then Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin watching the Death Star under construction... not a single wasted shot, it's just...

Hard to describe, I guess. But I never fail to tear up at how beautiful, how poignant, the whole thing is. Probably my favorite movie ending of all time, even if ROTS on the whole falls short of being my all-time favorite film (Pete's Dragon), much less my favorite SW film (ANH). Lucas was at the height of his craft as he filmed ROTS' ending montage, I can't explain it any better than that!

12. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Oh hands down it's better! I always thought "Nub Yub, ne chop gloa" was ridiculous. I love the new celebration track. On that note, I love the celebration track at the end of TPM too. I remember the day I realized it is simply a faster version of The Emperor's theme. Brilliant!

13. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    This. [face_laugh]

My other favorite from season 1: Anakin and Padme in the droid factory again. "Oh, the things you'll do to get me alone." "Stop. Talking."

I love the Anakin and Padme love story. The only part I didn't like was the ending. I thought Anakin making a total *** of himself over her was sweet. I love the fireplace scene. I love the meadow scene, even the "Dictatorships rule" dialogue. I melt into a puddle during the scene on the cart on Geonosis. "I truly, deeply love you." I love the wedding.

I think Hayden Christensen was the absolute best possible choice for Anakin Skywalker.

Someone mentioned this already on the first page: I love Ewoks. I really loved that they opened a can of whoop-*** on a "legion of the Emperor's best men" and won.

I think Jar-Jar is funny.

I like fart jokes, even from eopies.

14. hydrogen_helium

hydrogen_helium Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Even after learning they were siblings, I wanted Luke and Leia to be together. And I still do. I abhor incest, and saying this to myself for the first time was a big shocker, but I felt that a bond like theirs would be more everlasting than that between Han and Leia, even only due to personalities if not only to the fact that there was a deep bond there already. And, still, that last moment when it appears Luke leans in to kiss Leia on the cheek before he goes to face Vader in RotJ seems a bit intimate to me. I enjoy it every bit.

:p

15. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    Dewback_rancher wrote: "It ends where it all began, you know what I mean? And ROTS really captures that feeling, with the dual sunset, and Luke and Leia's leitmotifs playing in the background. Then Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin watching the Death Star under construction... not a single wasted shot, it's just...
    Hard to describe, I guess. But I never fail to tear up at how beautiful, how poignant, the whole thing is. Probably my favorite movie ending of all time...Lucas was at the height of his craft as he filmed ROTS' ending montage, I can't explain it any better than that!"

Jedi_Master_Cazz wrote: "And last but certainly not least, I love Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker and his Darth Vader. I couldn't imagine it better. The performance was just absolutely on par with every aspect of the character, I really can't understand how people can't see that. And I love him being at the end of ROTJ, makes perfect sense. Take a bow Hayden, you've earned it."

My sentiments exactly on both. I'll also add that Jake Lloyd's Anakin was also excellent! I loved the entire sequence that starts with Anakin inviting Qui-gon, Padme, and the others to his home and ends with Anakin going away with Qui-gon and leaving his mother (a tear-jerker of a scene in my opinion). Anakin causing the droid control ship to explode was cool, too.
    Overall, it's the lightsaber duels that fascinate me. The three best ones, IMO are the Qui-gon, OB1 vs Maul dual in PTM. It was very fast-paced but seemed almost more like a dance sequence than a fight, the main reason I liked it so much. The OB1 vs Anakin/Vader fight in ROTS and the Luke vs Vader dual in ROTJ were both very emotional but for different reasons. The OB1 vs Vader fight was probably more intense than emotional and I thought the Luke vs Vader fight was even more emotionally charged due to the father/son aspect (John Williams's music helped here too). Anyway, these are some of my favorite things about Star Wars.

16. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I like the fact that Padme died of a broken heart. Fantastically romantically cheesetastic and I mean that in a good way.

I love that there are Quarrens all over Tatooine. Sure, it makes no sense that aquatic beings would be that numerous on a desert planet, but it's still cool. Nice instant visual tie in between Jedi and the PT.

I still laugh when the sarlac burps after swallowing Fett. That's right! I laugh at burp jokes in Star Wars :D

I like being a Star Wars fan. A few years ago I was out at Toys R Us buying action figures. There was a women with her grandson there doing the same thing. She was old enough to be my mom and the grandkid was young enough to be my son. We stuck up a conversation about how she would take her son, my age, to buy these when he was a kid and how much she loved taking him to see the movies. I of course shared that my mom had done the same with me. There we were, 3 generations of Star Wars fans, complete strangers, having a conversation about Star Wars. Not the movies per se, but our fond memories of the movies in our lives.

17. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    With the "Not-family-oriented" thread in the Lit section, it finally hit me that there is ACTUALLY a Hoojib-hating section of the fanbase. I never knew it was POSSIBLE to hate Hoojibs. I mean, come on:
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051103020125/starwars/images/d/d1/Hoojib.jpg]
    They're adorable, wide-eyed, telepathic, sentient, energy-sponge-bunnies. How can you NOT love 'em? ;)

I say the EU suffers from a depressing dearth of Hoojibs, not that they shouldn't have been introduced in the first place. More Ewoks, Lepi, Gungans, and Hoojibs- WHO'S WITH ME? :D

18. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    I was previously unaware of both lepi and hoojibs, but i do like bunnies, and muppified bat-koalas, so I'm in.:D

19. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    First and foremost.

I am NOT embarrassed that my son's name is LUKE and I am not embarrassed to tell people why.

We had a daughter this summer (named Scarlett, not Leia) and I often refer to them as younglings. I think its a fantastic term

I really like Gungans and Nemoidians. They are silly, but I sure had a lot of fun talking like them. I was 24 when TPM came out and loved talking in silly alienspeak.

While I liked Gungans, I was initially annoyed by Jar Jar. Now I love him. Lucas did a Brilliant, thats right, Brilliant job with him. Having him be this utter clown in the first movie. Move him into seriousness in the second. Then having him exist only to be devastatingly silent at Padme's funeral in ROTS. Seeing Jar Jar with his head down, sad and silent at the funeral was soooooo sad. Now I love JJ.

I actually like the new Han and Greedo shoot at the same time. Certainly not that I had any problem with Han shooting first, it was kind of BA. But the shoot at the same time is very westerny.

20. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Not embarrassed to say

I love the Ewoks even the two TV movies they made about them.

Anakin confessing his love to Padme in the Lake House on Naboo was my favorite part of ATOC next to the chase through Coruscant [face_laugh] That room was pretty sweet too with the fireplace.

That I've watched TPM more than any of the Prequel movies.

21. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010

Oh, I KNOW! He is love.

General stuff:

I love the A/P romance! Every single moment of it.
    I like Jar Jar.
    I think Hayden was absolutely brilliant as Anakin
    I love the fact that they changed Shaw with Christensen in the end of ROTJ
    Vader saying "NOOOOOO" makes me extremely sad (people laughing over it...seriously?)
    I like both the PT and the OT, but enjoy more the PT.

and...

EWOK SONG >>>>>>>...n...>>>>> YUB NUB

Oh, and also...

- I love all the sexual tension between Luke and Leia, even if they are siblings. Their bond seemed so much deeper and stronger than that with Han's. I don't find consensual incest offensive, and they would have been pretty great together, had they been into that. But they weren't :p

- I love George Lucas! [face_love]

22. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    I'll say this much in terms of TCW season 3: I've been entertained and enjoying myself with all the episodes, even Evil Plans.

23. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    I prefere the computer effects in the PT to the 'realness' of the OT. Puppet Yoda can go suck it in my book.:p

24. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Backpack Yoda doll in particular.

25. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    "I don't like sand...it's coarse, rough, irritating...and it gets everywhere..."

Amen bro.

Sand Haters Forever!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.