main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL "I'm not embarrassed!" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    THIS. I love the Gungans ("Yousa gonna be...pyoonished" makes me smile every time I remember that line). Captain Tarpals was awesome! And Jar Jar...eh. I never hated him, certainly, but I also didn't particularly care for him. Then at Padme's funeral, who do I see but Jar Jar, in the shadows of twilight, head bowed and looking so...noble. It really got to me, too, princethomas. Then it really hits home, you know? That things have changed. Dark times lie ahead. Really dark times.

And I love the Ewoks. ROTJ is my favorite film, Luke is my favorite character, and for cryin' out loud, if I was an eighteen year old stuck on a dustball like Tatooine, I'd be whining for some power converters, too!

*sniff*

It feels so good to be accepted. @};-

ETA: ITA with dewback_rancher re: ROTS ending. It. Was. Perfect.

2. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Palpatine's maniacal laughter that accompanies the Senate duel.

(You'd be laughing too.)

3. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004

Speaking of which, Palpatine's "goofy" facial expressions during his duel with Mace Windu are perfect. He's exaggerating them on purpose for the sole purpose of mockery - he never does anything like that in his duel with Yoda, and lets his laughter do his talking. :)

4. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Damn straight I would! Sometimes, I think I'm the only person who appreciates a good villainous laugh the way I do. ;)

5. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I said I don't care about the "goofy" faces Palpatine makes during his Duel with Mace Windu, but there's more... :)

I am not embarrassed by... pretty much *anything* in the PT - no matter what any PT hater says or thinks. So there. :)

However, I've been trying to warm up to the Ewoks, and rationalize the destruction of the Executor, and the death (for crying out loud! WTF!) of my favorite character: DARTH VADER, for at least since ROTJ came out in theaters... Actually, I was always torn between Darth Vader and Han Solo as *favorites*, But somewhere along the way, the Emperor (as he was known, back in the day - at first I just thought of him as some creepy guy in a black robe - who was VADER'S BOISS?? WTF?) surpassed them both as as my *favorite* character in Star Wars (after all, he was Darth Vader's BOSS! *yay* lol).

Which is why I was so thrilled to see each and every Prequel Episode, and MORE and MORE PALPATINE!!

So, the actors who played Palpatine/Sidious and Anakin(even the Jake Lloyd kid Anakin)/Vader could do NO WRONG in my opinion, at all: I LOVED both of these characters, and I wanted, desperately, to see the history of what happened between them before... Vader tossed Palpatine into a reactor shaft. lol

ROTS made me see why Vader/Anakin would do such a thing, and I, for one am in complete agreement with him.

The Prequels FTW! :)

6. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I'm not embarrassed to know the Death Star gunner's name or that he was deliberately stalling until the Rebels blew up the Death Star.

7. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    You have a lot of guts to say that. I am also not embarrassed to say that I am totally empathetic to Anakin's character in ROTS. He turned to the dark side because he CARED. "Together we can end this destructive conflict and rule the galaxy together as Father and Son" He honestly thought by exerting his power he could bring peace to the universe. The irony of course is that freedom is a war against slavery. So in order to fulfill the Emperor's vision of peace, he creates a galaxy of slaves, in addition to becoming a slave himself to the Emperor.

8. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I am not embarrassed about my empathy for Vader either. The man clearly cares. He simply wants to create a utopia to be ruled by his family. (Naturally every utopia has a ruler.)

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I am not embarrassed at all to say that Anakin is one of my favorite characters in the saga, HC played his character absolutely perfectly and his arc in the saga serves to make a truly beautiful statement.

Im not embarrassed to say that i always saw him as the han solo of the PT, as much of a maverick as qui-gon was but with a james dean/young badass type of edge to him. Sure he made some bad mistakes but if i was tainted and brainwashed by palpatine for ten years i would probably make some bad mistakes too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.