main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* "I'm worried..." Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by GriffZ, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I've been noticing a lot of negitivity on the forums lately. Threads like this make it seem like people here are worried about AOTC not living up to expectations.

So I decided to make a positive thread for people to post their worries about the movie, and other people can help them out. Someone post what they're worried about, and then you can comment on it. Help the person out and reasure them. Spread the love! :)

It doesn't matter how minor or trivial it is, as long as you're worried, I wanna hear it! ;)

I'll start us off with a couple worries of my own:

• Yoda Fighting
      Granted, it is kinda minor, but I have to admit this worries me. I just don't see how this can't look bad. I mean, Yoda flipping around pulling off Jackie Chan moves? And even the people at ILM are (supposedly) worried. That doesn't sound too good. [face_plain]
    • The Romance
      This is a huge part of AOTC. Probably the most important of the movie. Probably the most important of the prequals! If we don't truely believe that Anakin and Padme truely care for each other, it'll mean that the Padme factor of Anakin's fall will be far less effective.
      From the dialouge we've gotten so far, I must admit that some of it is a little worriesome (eg. The picnic scene).

All right, I'm done. So now you can either give reasons as to why I shouldn't be worried, or feel free to post your own worries! :)

Now we don't need any gushing or bashing. Just resonable, thought-out replies. And don't forget... Spread the love! :D

2. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I worry that I'll really have to wait in line for like 23 hrs because everybody wants to see it too. We got an AMC multiplex here now, but it still only shows the same movie on 5 screens at the same time, and when I'm out there dressed like (I haven't figured it out yet) I don't wanna be out there all friggin day.

also I wonder if I'll care so much that Jar-Jar Binks will probably do something stupid.

3. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I am not overy worried about EpII. I have come to realize that my expectations for these films will never be met. I am sure the film will be good enough for me to enjoy over and over again.

I do agree that I dont like the idea of seeing Yoda with a Lightsabre and doing flips and landing on Dooko's head or whatnot. That seems overly silly for my taste. I would have prefered Yoda just using the Force on Dooko...that would better fit Yoda. Using a Lightsabre...while it IS the weapon of the Jedi, seems to go against what Yoda was telling Luke in the OT. Yoda does not need flashy moves or "crude matter" so to speak...he said that his ally was the Force. Nuff said. I think it would have better suited his character if Yoda did not use a lightsabre. That would also be a "moral" lesson for moviegoers in the sense that Yoda would not have been seen as aggressive and a fighter. We look up to Yoda to be wise and passive...not a mean, green, fighting machine. I think this goes against what Yoda stands for IMO.

The biggest thing that troubles me is the lack of Obi and Anakin's relationship with each other. Luke and Han had a WHOLE adventure together in ANH. So by Empire, you knew that they were friends. AOTC is parallel to Empire in the sense in that Obi and Anakin hardley spend time together (ala Han and Luke in ESB). But Obi and Anakin didnt do anything together in TPM. I love QUi-Gon to bits, but in a sense, TPM ruined a great chance to show how good friends Anakin and Obi are. I know in AOTC its supposed to be implied that they are and we all know that they are friends. But for the tril to be tragic, and for me to really feel for Obi and Anakin's fall, I would like to see them together...not just during a tiny chase and a lightsabre fight (in which Obi and Anakin get seperated a bit anyways!)...but I want conversations...not one, not two, but lots! I want to SEE them bond together and have them GROW as kind of brothers so to say. Alas, this will not happen and that is unfortunate.

What Lucas fails to understand is while Anakin and Amidala's rel is important...its not nearly as important as Anakin's and Obi's because we see Obi in the OT...when we watch those movies again and see Ben talk about Anakin...we will feel for him even more so if Lucas concentrated on thier relationship.

This is what worries me. But regardless, I am sure I will enjoy AOTC anyways. Just my 2 cents, it is GL's story after all. Lets hope he knows what he is doing.

4. JarJarFields

JarJarFields Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    First, I just want to say that this is a good idea for a thread. We should be able to express our concerns without being persecuted. Hopefully, it will stay peaceful and civil. :)

Riding The Reek
    Aside from the concerns that Griff mentioned, I am also concerned about the arena scene when Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan fight large creatures like the Reek. I am afraid that riding the reek will look funny and too cartoonish.

Dexter
    I also am a little worried about Dexter. He also sounds like a cartoon character to me. Hopefully, when I see the finished product and hear his voice, I will change my mind.

That's all for now. ;)

5. Darth_Straven

Darth_Straven Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2001
    I am worried that all the girls will fall in love with sensitive bad boy Anakin and all the guys will have a super crush on goddess Amidala and no one will be dating during the first few months after the release. Please help.

6. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm worried about everyone who's worried.
    :(

Nah, not really. ;)

7. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    AOTC will still kick LOTR's arse! No doubt about it!

8. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    "AOTC will still kick LOTR's arse! No doubt about it!"

*sigh*

Can we keep comments like that to a minimum please? If you don't have legitimate worries, take it elsewhere.

9. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Arrrg! You people are going to be the death of me! Why are you saying the same things over and over? How many of these topics do we need?

10. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Huh? I don't recal seeing a thread like this... [face_plain]

If I had, I wouldn't have made this.

11. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    he said "argggggg"

12. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    oooohh. This ones differant cuz it's *Official*.

Just another whine thread.

13. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I don't think it's another "whine thread" at all. Seemed to me it was clearly intended for people to intelligently discuss legitimate concerns based on what we know so far.

14. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    So are half the other threads on the first page.

15. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    AOTC will be a blast! Who goes to a Star Wars movie worried? That's just ludicrous. These movies really swept me away and were a lot of fun. Although, judging by the posts on this forum, I'm part of a small minority. A lot of you act like you're going to see this movie in order to take notes for a test. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor - don't go see it!

16. Positive_Charge

Positive_Charge Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    -Sigh- I wonder why there are such people that are mentally INCAPABLE of respecting other people's opinions...

You don't have to agree, but respect others and what they believe.

17. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    There are several reasons that I am worried about AOTC. I will list only two of them in this post:

Tatooine AGAIN: Tatooine was the most boring part of TPM, and I fear that it might be boring all over again. This might especially be a problem if the love story between Nat and Hayden is unsatisfying, since I'm sure a lot of the development of their love will take place on Tatooine.

Still no Clone Wars!: Well, OK, in the very last part of the film. But look at it this way: the first one and three-quarters out of three films in the PT don't deal with the Clone Wars. I've always wanted to see two full episodes with the Clone Wars in full swing. It is entirely possible we won't have any episode of the PT showcasing the Clone Wars; and that is very sad.

Incidentally, GriffZ, I agree with you that we fans need to keep our expectations on a reasonable level for AOTC. For at least the last year here, the common sentiment has been, "AOTC will be the best SW film ever!" Well, maybe. But I wouldn't count on it. In fact, I would bet against it. I went in pumped for TPM and felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. This time I'm going in with a healthy streak of skepticism.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Yoda's fight.
    I'm not worried about it so much as so far it's the only thing that made me think twice about it. It's not going to destroy the movie or anything though and I highly doubt I'll despise it.
    The romance so far sounds freakishly identical to my real life one so of course I think it's great.
    I showed my casual watcher friends of mine some pics from episode II (Padme, and selects of the search for Shmi and rain fight), gave them a prether spoiler-free rundown of the plot, and they're totally ready to see it.
    I think the public will openly accept this one no probs.

19. Sevb25

Sevb25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2001
    I can't wait to see the ol' Lars homestead from EP4 in EP2. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to that ties in with the OT.

20. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    What.....me worry?

21. Zod_as_in_God

Zod_as_in_God Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    Even when you try to be positive you can't help but think of the negative. Man I AM SO WORRIED! ANOTHER TPM AND IT"S OVER!

22. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Negative??? NEGATIVE??? You wanna pick a fight Griffz????

LOL
    :p

23. Darth_Xio_Jade

Darth_Xio_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    As long as this thread is positive and intended to help people get rid of their worries, I have no problem with it.

I'd hate to see it degenerate into bashing, though...

24. LOOKIE_HERE

LOOKIE_HERE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I'm kinda worried the f___ing world won't be here may 22nd. NO MATTER if sw2 sucks, or not.(someone hold me, I'm scared!!)
    :(
    (I said "flinging") :D

25. Gobi-NaanPeshwari

Gobi-NaanPeshwari Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2001
    I'm worried about everyone in the world making the film out to be much worse than it actually is. Shades of TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.