The *Official* "I'm worried..." Thread

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by GriffZ, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthUnpleasant Jedi Master

star 1
    I too am concerned that EpIII will try and cram in too much and end up like ROTJ.

Regards the music:
    Empire is IMO the best ST, and TPM is (again IMO) rather dull.

Duel of the Fates is alright, but it's just one repeated riff and a slightly psychotic choir.
    That said, I'm all for psychotic choirs. Bring them on.
    And I'd like John Williams to have some Mahler and some Arvo Pärt in his CD player this week. I think that would be pleasant.
  2. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm worried too many people will go to this movie with too many negative thought's and won't give it a fair chance. All this talk about the actors being a little stiff is odd. Have you people watched the OT lately? Again I want to stress this. SW movies are trying to pattern themselves after old si-fi movies from the '50's. I have no problem with that. I think it's pretty cool. I say to all the ney sayers. Go watch the OT all 3 films. Then you will see what I'm talking about.
  3. DarthUnpleasant Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh. I don't doubt that the acting in the OT is stiff at times. It's part of the fun.

I shall be going into the film with an open mind. But it doesn't stop me having reservations and concerns. I have negative and positive opinions on all of the films, and no film is perfect.

The point of this thread, as I understood it, was to asway peoples reservations about AOTC. But no-one's doing much aswaying at the moment. Probably because they don't think the "I'm worried" thread is for them.

So let me try. I think the script will be no more lousy than any of the OT films. That's just going on the scriptment and the Mystery trailer though, and I could be proved hideously wrong.
  4. NovaStarslayer Jedi Knight

star 3
    script?? we're not going to be seeing a script, we're going to be seeing a movie. two very different things.

just because a movie sucks, doesnt mean the script did, and vice versa. star wars especially always translates better on the screen then on paper, which why the awkwardly-layed out scriptment never really bothered me.

btw- after this latest trailer, what little worries i had about AOTC have completely disintegrated.
  5. Storm5 Force Ghost

star 4
    Besides the fact that the CGI looks a bit cartoonish the preview has made me think. Humor has always been an important part of the SW saga. I hope we'll get that postmodern sense again, that ironic feeling we all missed when watching TPM. Ewan McGregor is the perfect actor for this kind of lines and scenes. So you ask me wether AOTC is going to suck? Hell yeah! But that's why we're all going to love it! lol.
  6. CORILLIAN Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not worried. The CG looks fine to me. The little dialog I've heard sounds ok. Natalie looks ...well ...gorgeous. The action sequences so far are right on par with the other 4 great movies. I'm not worried at all. ( Except the movie will be too short!!)
  7. Skara Brae Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm worried that the characters are very distant from one another. From what we know Padme and Obi Wan don't seem to get on particularly well, and I am speculating that none of the main characters will like the council members that much.

I suppose that the friendship between Han, Luke and Leia was one of the key parts to the OT and that is what I fear will be missing from AOTC, but in some ways I like the fact that the OT and the PT are very different. It means I can like them in different ways; they fufill seperate needs.

What really worries me is the beard. There is no need for that beard or that hair on Obi Wan. He looks positively messianic, particularly with the white robes. I am going to pretend the beard is not there for the duration of the film.

8. Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm worried about having heartburn and taking too many antacids before AOTC and having to run to the bathroom every five minutes during the movie.
  9. AL Chosen One

star 5

From what we know Padme and Obi Wan don't seem to get on particularly well, and I am speculating that none of the main characters will like the council members that much.

-- On the contrary, as we can see from the Harry Potter trailer and the spy reports that Padme and Obi Wan get on very well. Anakin and Padme get jiggy so there is no question there. We can understand from the heart to heart that Obi Wan has with Mace Windu before the former leaves for Kamino that there is great respect between Obi Wan, Mace Windu and Yoda. Finally, the Council Members care about the missing Jedi and the senator enough to dispatch an army.

What really worries me is the beard. There is no need for that beard or that hair on Obi Wan. He looks positively messianic, particularly with the white robes. I am going to pretend the beard is not there for the duration of the film.

-- Good Luck with that! It has to be said that this is nitpicking of the highest order.
  10. Skara Brae Jedi Knight

star 1
    The beard problem is not nitpicking. If Natalie Portman was required to have a beard for AOTC the complaints on this board would be deafening.

People have complained that AOTC is a chick flick, and yet GL has covered up the face of the only attractive man in the PT.

As for the Harry Potter trailer I apologise for my ignorance, but the trailer was not on the print of Harry Potter that i went to see. i was basing my judgement partly on what I heard of the 'politicians are not to be trusted' comments.

I can no longer continue to rant as I am being thrown off the computer by someone wishing to go to TPU.
  11. AL Chosen One

star 5

Sorry to break it to you sister but women don't have beards (at least normally). We know that Obi Wan has a beard in ANH and that visually you need to distinguish the padawan from the master hence he has a beard. Not too big a deal.

Noone has seen the HP trailer yet but we have the description so we can base it on that.
  12. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm worried that when i see AOTC that loads of fanboys & girls will be moaning and groaning throughout the movie. Sheesh! Why do people worry? Whats with the negativity?
  13. PatJedi82 Ex-Mod

star 4
    Jango Fett How does the role of Jango affect the way we will see Boba Fett in the OT? For me, Boba Fett was always The man of Mystery. Everybody could have been behind this mask. You, me even Santa Claus. I'm just worried that all of this mystery is lost after Ep2.

The Plot I'm worried that the plot is as flat as a sheet of paper. I just hope that Ep2 will help the whole prequels to become one big plot as we've seen it in the OT.
  14. LeChuck Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm worried that GriffZ's fame will be the start towards his path to world domination
  16. Axl-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why is everyone so infatuated with this Griffz dude?

Either David Prowse or Mark Hamill stated that most on the set of Jedi, were burnt out and they just wanted to tie up all the loose ends and get on with there lives.Hopefully this wont happen in EpIII.
  17. copout Jedi Padawan

Seriously, guys.

I just saw the "forbidden love"-trailer today and I felt I had to go here to vent my frustration - and all I find are lots of die-hard-lucas-can-do-no-wrong-fans. And that really makes me sad.

I think SW - and the old trilogy especially, deserves something better than this quasi-religious blindness.

Obviously I haven´t seen the movie and can´t really have an opinion about that yet. But I have seen the trailer.

And, lets face it, it TOTALLY sucks!

Once upon a time I lived and breathed SW, just like the rest of you. I saw to OT when it first hit the movie screens. I collected all the action figures and totally bought into the hype. I had recurring dreams about episode 1 years before it came out and when I saw it at least I didn´t totally hate it. And by now I had managed to get my hopes up a bit once more. Thinking that perhaps there was some truth in Lucas´s promise that Ep 2 would be more "fun" than Ep 1.

But this trailer. My god.
    Seriously, it may have been one of the ten worst trailers I´ve ever seen. All categories. First of all, obviously, it´s totally misguided as far as target groups go. The majority of potential ticket buyers for this movie is teenage and pre-teen boys who like spaceships and light sabres. Not cheesy romantic nonsense.

And apart from that - it just says CRAP all over. The dialogue and the soft filtered pictures sound and look as if they come from a movie of the week or some lame italian melodrama. And on top of that it´s obvioulsy a cartoon with live actors acting against a chroma screen all the way through.

I mean - I really hated it. To the core of my body. And I was so convinced, that once I got home and logged onto the SW fansites, I would find thousands of disappointed and worried people.

But you just seem to chew it all up. I can´t figure it out.

When you fell in love with SW, was it really this kind of crap you signed up for?

To me it´s absolutely clear the Lucas´s so called "total creative power" has gone to his head. Lucasfilm has got to have hundreds, if not thousands of people hired to keep these things from happening. But clearly they´re all to terrified of Lucas´s ultimate power to question his ideas. I can´t imagine that anyone on a serious and working marketing department would have greenlighed a trailer like this if it was´t for fear of being cast out from the halls of S:t George.

It´s a complete disaster and it IS going to scare people from the multiplexes. Trust me on this. When the first teaser for TPM turned up in theatres a few years ago there was spontaneous applause and cheers from the crowd. Today, the only result of this trailer was an aqward silence. And a few evil laughs.

I, for one, am seriously thinking about actually not going to see this movie. And if you knew me you´d know that´s a very big step for me.

But, as I said, what worries me even more that the trailer is that most of you seem to think it was pretty ok. It wasn´t. It was a display of extremely bad judgement, horrible writing, cardboard cut-out acting and very expensive, yet strangely life less animation.

I´m sorry, and I know I´m upsetting a lot of people here, but you really have to practice some critical thinking here.

Anything else would be a betrayal of everything that really was great in the old trilogy.

18. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Sevb25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    copout, regardless of how hard Lucas tries to please people, there will always be people like you who will go on about how anything new sucks, GEEZ! You belong in an AICN talkback! The second film is a love story, with action scenes as well. If you hate it, go find some other film to enjoy. For every 1 person who hates it like you do, there are at least 20 who liked it. Lucas has said for the past 3 years that EP 2 will be love story and he doesn't know how some fans will take it because of that. It's one of the essentials in the tragedy of Anakin's fall. Jar Jar is hardly in this film, the films is darker, from what I've seen Lucas has bent over backwards to please people, but sadly there will always be people like you. For God's sake, you can't please everybody!!!
  20. RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not much about this film worries me...except...

YODA'S FIGHT SCENE

-Everything else seems fine except for this...but that's only IMHO. I just think it'll turn out to be too funny, like an oompa loompa going postal on someone (or something like that).

-Reb
  21. Dralthi5 Jedi Knight

Now, don't get offended...

I can understand why you people may have some gripes (although I wouldn't agree with them), but "worried?" Isn't that a bit much? What are you doing, pacing around your room, rubbing your hands together in concern over a movie? You don't do this over other movies, do you? What makes Star Wars different?

What are you worried about? That others won't like the movie? That you won't? I'm serious; I want to know.

22. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Dearie me, this thread has strayed from it's intended purpose, hasn't it.

[face_plain]

23. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You know, we could keep all the bashing or worries in here like it used to be. And it keeps GriffZ alive.
  24. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    One day he will return.

!snap
  25. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Really? Maybe he never really left... ?[face_plain]

EDIT: Why did he leave anyway? ?[face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.