The *Official* "I'm worried..." Thread

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by GriffZ, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    To me, the plot, the visual effects, the music have brought Star Wars back to the OT level. I love the CG elements from the latest trailer. I love the ship designs, the costumes, the sets, the colors used on Geonosis. The sets on Kamino. The asteroid chase, the final battle. The camera work.

It all looks like a vast improvement over TPM.

But I'm still torn. I hate nearly eveything I've heard from the dialogue. I think Natalie's and Hayden's acting and dialogue in the romantic scenes is going to be the absolute low point of the series, with the possible exception of Jar Jar in TPM.

My main hope is that those scenes will be short, that the focus will be on Natalie's beauty and the romantic settings rather than her spoken dialogue. She is truly the weakest link in the cast, and that really bothers me since her role is so important to Anakin's fall.
  2. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    GriffZ is dead? What's going on around here?

4. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *bows head in silence*

He will live on, Twink. In our hearts. :(

Bah, who am I kidding? 8-}
  5. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be like when Yarael Poof "died".
  6. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who are you talking about again, WOS? :confused:

8-}
  7. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

Just some guy that a lot of people used to think was rather humorous. His name was GruffP, of GrizzF, or something...
  8. Yodimus_Prime Jedi Knight

star 2
    Grum who?

I'm not worried about ep2 cuz i'm not going to see it.

..just ONCE! had ya fooled there for a sec, eh?
  9. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

I thought it was Grizzly?

Oh well. Moving on then...

So, what do you guys think of the new soundtrack?

8-}
  10. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey! Have some respect for the dead!!

Just remember you guys, there's a little bit of GriffZ in all of us...

:p
  11. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The soundtrack is another success for the new movie. I don't buy into the "best...soundtrack...ever" review at AICN but Williams definitely delivered.
  12. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If that were the case, Spike, then I'd have to purge that piece right now by means of suicide. 8-}

EDIT: Jabba, I agree. Good soundtrack, but definately not the best ever. I don't even think its the best Star Wars soundtrack.
  13. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Just remember you guys, there's a little bit of GriffZ in all of us..."

God... I am going to have nightmares about that statement...

*hopes GriffZ is lurking to read these remarks* [face_mischief]

EDIT: Agreed with Twink and Jabba about the soundtrack. I love it and feel it is superior to other "normal" scores out there, but I don't think it beats ESB or ANH.
  14. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    LOL!

Should we have a funeral thread for GriffZ at the Jedi Council? :p Or would it just be locked?

By the way if you play Across the Stars backwards you get a secret message about GriffZ. ;)
  15. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Spike, this is the worst news since that Judas Priest fiasco ;)

WOS & Jabba, the one thing that I don't like about this soundtrack is that the action cues don't seem to be as "memorable" or "hummable". They're exciting, but they're not clearly defined with rythm or melody. That said, I love the slow-scene music on this one, particularly "Yoda and the Younglings"

While I like "Love Pledge & the Arena", I get so frustrated when I listen to it because it keeps sounding like it is going to break in to the Trade Federation March but just never does.
  16. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    What did you think of the electric guitar on the Zam song? I thought that was kinda cool.

I liked how Count Dooku had the Imperial March in it but I thought it wasn't as exciting as Duel of the Fates. Is this going to play during the final duel? If so I'm anxious to see how it all fits together.
  17. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not a big proponent of using non-tradtional instruments in a Star Wars score, but I think the guitar is used just enough and is quite fine.

While the chase music is exciting, it is another example of music from the score that is not very hummable when you're not listening to it.

I think the Count Dooku track actually begins when the duel is over, and is more or less a reference to Yoda's confrontation with Dooku (which I thought would include Yoda's theme like the deleted ESB music).
  18. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Oh ok. That's cool.

I really think Across the Stars is gonna tie the movie together well.
  19. Knightstalker- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man, some of these old threads are like turds that won't flush!

:p
  20. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't disagree about "Across the Stars".

While different from "Leia's Theme", "Han Solo & Princess Leia", and "Luke/Leia", it is still a powerful piece in a different kind of way.

Knightstalker-, this thread is what you would call a "floater" ;)
  21. Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Knightstalker, we should thank DS for bringing this thread back to life, too bad he can't do that with GriffZ... ;)
  22. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    Remember, Twink, that the first version of the TPM soundtrack was quite 'bitty' because a lot of the cues were condensed into single tracks.

I agree with you that, apart from a few exceptions, the music is not as memorable or as definitive as the OT soundtracks, bear in mind that this isn't the completed music: it's suites based around the original cues.

But. Across The Stars. Beautiful! [face_love]
  23. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I see what you mean about the action music, Twink. The other SW scores had very definitive action cues that weren't nearly as frenetic as AOTC's selection. Although, I have found myself humming sections of the Coruscant chase and even "On the Conveyor Belt", surprisingly enough.

Oh, and the electric guitar is an excellent addition, IMO.

And I know exactly what you mean about the Arena march music. It's almost like a more mature version of the Federation March. Perhaps this is alluding to the fact that the battledroids are more efficient this time around.

EDIT: And regardless of what many people seem to think here, I have a feeling that the tracks we hear on this soundtrack are not simply compilation tracks of many disparate cues from the film, but actually cues the way that JW recorded them. We won't know for sure, though, until the film is released.
  24. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I could have used more defintitive themes (I count 6 for TESB) but overall it's great. And remember, there's still 50 minutes we haven't heard and they often leave out some great stuff in the abbreviated initial release.
  25. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I understand that, Dark Score.

But even TPM OST, despite track mixing, had some hummable and memorable action cues (to me at least).

-The Droid Battle

-Anakin Defeats Sebulba

-Passage Throught the Planet Core

-Panaka and the Queen's Protectors

-The Droid Invasion

-Qui-Gon's Noble End

edit: Like PadmeBra said, some of the best music is often left out. A majority of "Escape From Naboo" was not on the OST, but it is one of the best pieces from TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.