main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Imperial Inquisitorius Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedimasterED, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    With the the Last of the Jedi and the latest Planet Hoppers, we have more Imperial Inquisitors: the guy from LotJ (I forgot his name) and Shynne. Also, there are tid-bits about the planet being "hopped," Prakith, that give credence to a cohesive organizational structure, and my interest has been piqued.

So, you know the drill: let's collect all of the information we know about the Inquisitors here. List their names, the titles in which they appear, you know, the good stuff. We can even talk about the difference in rank between "High Inquisitors" and normal "Inquisitors."

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Grand Inquisitor Torbin: former Judicial, the last of the Grand Inquisitors

High Inquisitor Halmere
    High Inquisitor Mox Slosin: patrolled the Plooriod Cluster
    High Inquisitor Tremayne: the man :cool:
    High Inquisitor Volytar: defeated Sia-Lan Wezz on Skorrupon during the Jedi Purge

Inquisitor Adalric Brandl: former actor, foe of Fable Astin
    Inquisitor Ameesa Darys: captured Roganda ismaren, killed by Arden Lyn
    Inquisitor Drayneen: one of the only women Inquisitors
    Inquisitor Jerec <according to Abel's Dark Forces article>
    Inquisitor Loam Redge: in charge of the Emepror's Retreat at Naboo
    Inquisitor Malorum: one of the first Imperial Inquisitors <the guy from LOTJ>
    Inquisitor Shynne: stationed at Citadel Inquisitorius, Prakith

3. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I'd like to see some of these guys in action against the Jedi. Sure, they're probably more administrative than combat types, but the idea of Jedi vs Inquisitors is too cool to pass up. :D

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Weirdly, Adalric Brandl was promoted to High Inquisitor after he was captured again by the Empire and faked his death...apparently Palpatine promoted him for turning over his son when he couldn't present him Fable.

Jaabib Brandl seems for all intents and purposes to be an Inqusitior as well.

Also, Tremayne had a student named Vialco who was killed by Fable.

Jerec was also a High Inqusitor and presumably we can add all of his minions to the rank of Inquisitors.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    masterED, you musky sly old foxy stoat...you beat me to the punch.

Already had a lovely, page-long starting post nearly finished and ready to go up by today or tomorrow (refinement and whatnot), but no...you had to go and scupper me out of my glory. Bah! Bloody bloody bloody. :_|

That's "Jaalib Brandl," not "Habib," Charlemagne. :p Vialco was more of a Dark Jedi in that story from what I remember, with Adarlic telling Fable that she's primed to join D.J. ranks; although it could be retconned that she would've been indoctrinated into the Inquistorius.

Had recently added in Inquisitor Shynne to my own list, along with a summary of her biographical/C.V. data, coming as it did with that new "Planet Hoppers" article.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Description of the Inquisitors according to DSSB:

"The Imperial Inquisitor is a Force-trained hunter charged with seeking out other Force-users and either turning them to the service of the Emperor or eliminating them. Given tools and resources, they range the boundaries of the Empire and beyond, searching for rumors of hidden enclaves of Jedi who might have escaped the great purge of their Order - and clues where to find them. Employing draconian tactics and ruthless violence, an Imperial Inquisitor gradually homes in on his quarry, then brings the might of the Empire to bear until his target is broken or dead. An Imperial Inquisitor has little time for subtlety. He is a hammer designed to pound the galaxy into a shape the Emperor finds pleasing.

The Emperor created the office of Imperial Inquisitors after the purge that destroyed most of the Jedi. He then enlisted Inquisitors to help seek out and destroy the last vestiges of the Jedi Order. Armed with the weapons of their fallen enemies, the Inquisitors began tracking down every rumor of every Jedi that had somehow escaped the Emperor's notice. As the targets became fewer and fewer, Inquisitors drifted into other roles in the Empire, or disappeared altogether. Some fall in battle, while others earn the displeasure of their master and pay the price. Inquisitors who survive their service to the Emperor receive greater honors, greater resources, and greater assignments to test them even further. Their master places ships, troops, weapons, and money at their disposal, along with sophisticated instruments of torture no living being should ever have to see, let alone suffer.

An Imperial Inquisitor's greatest fear is that he will one day incur the Emperor's displeasure and find himself hunted by his erstwhile colleagues. Each Inquisitor is intimately acquainted with this possibility from the moment he chooses to seek the position. To prove one's skill, one must convince the Emperor himself of one's ability with the Force, without seeming either too powerful or too critical of the Emperor's cause. Otherwise the applicant is no different from the quarry he seeks-and thus may prove unreliable. The potential Inquisitor must be carefully tested and examined, first by Imperial Intelligence, then by the Grand Inquisitor, and finally by the Emperor himself. If the Inquisitor does not pass, he is executed as a traitor. And this scrutiny does not end with the application process. Each Imperial Inquisitor is constantly observed by the watchful eye of the Grand Inquisitor, and frequently tested by Lord Vader as well. An unfortunate few are sometimes called to make reports to the Emperor himself - with potentially fatal repercussions".

And from this same sourcebook:

"[...] the Inquisitorium - the Force-trained secret division of Imperial Intelligence. Though attached in this fashion to Imperial Intelligence, the Inquisitorium might as well be a separate organization. Imperial Intelligence calls so rarely upon the Inquisitors that Tremayne has a great deal of free time with which to search for Force-users."

They've been my favorite RPG foe for years.

7. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    "[...] the Inquisitorius - the Force-trained secret division of Imperial Intelligence.

Wouldn't that be "Inquisitorium?"

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  9. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    "masterED, you musky sly old foxy stoat...you beat me to the punch.

Already had a lovely, page-long starting post nearly finished and ready to go up by today or tomorrow (refinement and whatnot), but no...you had to go and scupper me out of my glory. Bah! Bloody bloody bloody." :_|
    Who you callin' "musky"?! ;)

Please, don't let my impatience or lack of anything to do stop you. Do share!

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No, I remember Viaclo's description said he was an Inquisitior (and trained by Tremayne no less)

11. ThrawnTheInfallable

ThrawnTheInfallable Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2003
    It's the Inquisitorius. WotC uses Inquisitorium and Inquisitorium interchangeably, but -ius would be masculine and -ium neuter.

Most sources still say Inquisitorius, including the Prakith article. The name of their citadel is Citadel Inquisitorius.

BTW, what source states that Torbin used to be a Judicial? I find that hard to believe since he was the one that cut off Ardyn Lynn's arm, implying that he is a Force sensitive, probaly dark Jedi level since many of the High Inquisitors and Inquisitors under him were dark Jedi.

If he was a Judicial, perhaps the Jedi missed him or his family didn'tgive him up.

Or perhaps he left the Order as a Padawan to pursue public service. No way a none Force user could whup Ardyn. Tremayne couldn't do it, and he was nearly killed by Lynn.

Also, IIRC, Lynn did kill another Inquisitor that was with Tremayne and Torbin.

12. ThrawnTheInfallable

Jan 28, 2003
    Vialco was an Inquisitor according to his bio in the AJ he appeared in.

And the only source that mentions Brandl's Inquisitor status , says that it's rumored he's a High Inquisitor.

Until told that that rumor was wrong, the list should be amended. It should call him a High Inquisitor. ;)

13. Communista

Communista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    My List:

Grand Inquisitor Laddinare, Torbin
    High Inquisitor Brandl, Adalric Cessius
    High Inquisitor Halmere
    High Inquistior Slosin, Max
    High Inquisitor Tremayne
    High Inquisitor Volytar
    Inquisitor Brandl, Jaalib
    Inquisitor Darys, Ameesa
    Inquisitor Drayneen
    Inquisitor Jerec
    Inquisitor Malorum
    Inquisitor Shynne
    Inquisitor Terraud
    Inquisitor Vialco
    Inquisitor Redge, Loam

As for Force-Sensitive Judicials, I always figured Jedi washouts weren't 'sentenced to the Agri-Corps' exclusively, but got a wide variety of cushy Republic-sponsored education and career choices ranging from simple Farmer, Explorer, Doctors, Diplomats etc and I don't imagine the Judicial department would be excluded from that list.

So there's kind of a pool of weak-ish, untrained Republic-loyal Force Senstives out there Palpatine can call up.

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I should also point out that Admirals and other individuals were trained by Palpatine alone in these sorts of things.

It's also possible, though unlikely, for Jedi to hold positions in government

15. ThrawnTheInfallable

Jan 28, 2003
    Weakish? I don't think Torbin was a weak ish washout.

Tremayne was a top student according to the flashback in his origins story. Even he couldn't defeat Ardyn.

No, if Torbin was a washout, he was sent away for some other reason other than being weak. Not all students who fail are weak. Obi Wan was going to be dismissed simply because no one would pick him because of his anger problem.

16. DarthBale

DarthBale Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    This is the thread of my dreams.

17. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Prakith (you mean that plaent Foga Bil was based upon in the BFC?)

If so, that might explain who was behind the Shadow Academy, then.

And where did the Inquisitors remaining on Msst go (to Lumiya, I presume?)

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Citing security concerns, the Judicial Department denied the request. "Especially in such times, security takes precedent. There are enemies of the Republic that could exploit such information," Judicial Department Information Director Laddinare Torbin told HoloNet news.

People's Inquest Demand Jedi Budget Reports

19. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    The Jedi can't discover every single force-sensitive and they wouldn't train him if he's older than 6 months. They probably missed a lot of powerful force-users this way. They never discovered Kar Vastor either yet he had incredible power.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Didn't the guy in Ruins of Dantooine have some kind of Inquisitor connection? Or the guy he reported to, at least.

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Prakith . . .

That was from Shield of Lies. Good catch.

22. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    The Jedi can't discover every single force-sensitive and they wouldn't train him if he's older than 6 months. They probably missed a lot of powerful force-users this way. They never discovered Kar Vastor either yet he had incredible power.

Why should they search for force-sensitives so hard anyway? They have already more than enough Jedi-Trainees. Why else would they have organisations for their waste like AgriCorps etc.?

23. ThrawnTheInfallable

Jan 28, 2003
    And it's the law that every child born inthe Republic must be tested.

Regardless though, the Inquisitors don't just root our jedi. They kill all Force users or turn them to the Dark Side. Palpatine is afraid that a Force user may one day somehow become powerful enough to challenge him. So they must be o his side or dead.

24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    What is their main weapon?

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

(If you're not a Brit you might not understand)

Spelling Edit

25. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Is there anyone who doesn't know that skit? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.