The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anyone heard??

I can't wait to see a preview on the big screen! Perhaps with the crop of movies arriving around Thanksgiving??

I don't think National Treasure 2 comes out until December. That would be appropriate to show the Indy trailer beforehand.

"Heart"

EDIT: Fromerly titled: "When will the IJ and the KOTCS trailer/teaser hit the net and theaters?"

2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Now, this is just rumor, but I heard that the teaser was supposed to be attached to Beowulf coming out next month. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  3. I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    That would be cool!

Also, I thought of something pertaining to IJ and the KOTCS's release...

Has anyone else realized that the last time an Indy movie AND a Batman movie were both in theaters @ the same time was 1989!!?? As of Summer 2008, that will be 19 years ago.

Pretty cool, huh? Plus, the Joker returns. Although, this time it's Ledger instead of Nicholson.

I cannot describe how awesome it will be to here the faint sounds of the Raiders march, as the trailer begins to play! :D Goosebumps anyone??

I don't really care about seeing Beowulf, but I might buy a ticket just to see the Indy trailer.

"Heart"
  4. Shocked Jedi Padawan

5. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    As those faint sounds grow to a stirring crescendo, there will not only be goosebumps: There will be deafening cheers from the audience!
  6. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Wouldn't it be great if the teaser was attached to Dreamwork's "Bee Movie" which comes out on November 2nd? I say it's a possibility. Lucas did attached the teaser for "Attack of the Clones" to "Monsters, Inc." and Dreamworks was founded by Speilberg and is owned by Paramount. That the kind of corporate synergy the studios love. Plus "Bee Movie" is going to draw the family audience something "Beowulf" probably isn't going to do. That's kids and their parents in the same theater. If I was Paramount "Bee Movie's" the film I was attached the Indy 4 teaser to first then put it with "Beowulf" two weeks later.

Just speculation on my part so don't hold me to it.
  7. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cloverfield

Paramount is releasing Cloverfield in January and it will be huge. I'd put my bet on the KOTCS trailer being shown with of Cloverfield.
  8. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    If that where to happen then that would be two big teaser trailers in front of Cloverfield, because a teaser trailer for STAR TREK has already been confirmed to be in front of Cloverfield. We?ll have to wait and see if there'll be an Indy IV teaser trailer.
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hmm...it's definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure if it'll happen for the reasons listed above. The Star Trek trailer is already scheduled to be released with Cloverfield, would they attach two huge trailers to the same film? I'm not really familiar with how that works, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it just seems unlikely.
  10. scf881 Force Ghost

speaking of cloverfield...what the F is it that attacks NYC? i wanna see it. now.
    k thanks bye.
  11. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I lean that why myself. Another possibility is "The Spiderwick Chronicles" whichs comes out on February 15th. Not only is it a Paramount release it's also produced by Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy.
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    That seems like a likely possibility to me. Didn't they mention somewhere in an article that it would be sometime in February?
  13. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

February 28th would be good. That's my birthday. :D
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, it looks like a full-blown trailer will be debuting on Valentine's Day both in theaters and on Entertainment Tonight:

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13327
  15. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hyperspace has it on February 13th. Frankly I was expecting it to premiere during the Super Bowl.
  16. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    You know, there are times when I hate it when people use abbreviations like IJ and KOTCS in thread titles expecting everyone to know what they mean.

*Waits for impending lock of my thread*
  17. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Just locked it. [face_beatup]

Here's some very interesting news From TheRaider.net

Concerning the Indiana Jones 4 Trailer Rumors
    19/01/08, 4:35pm EST

CHUD.com has reported that the long awaited trailer for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will not be appearing on the Super Bowl on February 3rd, but rather the day after Valentine's Day. CHUD states:

Hope you're not planning to have any wild, Hallmark-sanctioned sex at midnight Valentine's Day, because you'll want to be refreshing the official Indiana Jones website to catch the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer at 12:01 AM Friday, February 15.

We're told that Entertainment Tonight will be teasing the trailer during the show on the 14th, and that it will launch in theatres on the 14th as well. (Which is slightly odd, since the 15th makes more sense.)

But don't get too excited yet as that is only a rumor by CHUD. Earlier rumors mention an Indiana Jones 4 trailer release during the Super Bowl on February 2, 2008.

Though yet another rumor gives strength to the Valentine's Day story. On February 14, Paramount Pictures will be releasing The Spiderwick Chronicles, a new film by Indiana Jones producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy!

I contacted Lucasfilm in an attempt to get some answers to these new trailer rumors and received the following response:

"At this point no plans have been finalized at all regarding when the trailer will premiere."

So there we have it. The Super Bowl seems to be one option to premiere the Indy 4 trailer. Valentine's Day is another. They are all no more than rumors for now.

But one thing we can be certain of; the most anticipated Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer will arrive sometime next month!

18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Bah! :oops:

That definitely wasn't something I wanted to hear. I wish they would just make up their minds when they're releasing this thing. At this point, it's actually becoming kinda funny the way we keep hearing one thing and then that info turns out to be wrong or something happens to push it back again.
  19. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    By the time they decide to release the trailer it will be time to release the film itself.
  20. Palpateen Jedi Master

star 4

I predict when it is released, that teaser trailer will saturate the world-wide media culture. It will be on every newscast, cable channel, entertainment show, and website you can possibly imagine. :cool:
  21. I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hallmark-sanctioned sex HA! [face_laugh]

Good one...
  22. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

Teasers for trailers! What a world, what a world! :oops:
  23. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Trailer To Debut On Valentine's Day!

From Variety

'Indy' trailer finally on its way
    Paramount, Lucasfilm prep Valentine's Day tease
    By MARC GRASER

Where's Indy?
    It's less than four months before Paramount and Lucasfilm unspool "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," on May 22, but the marketing campaign for the fourth installment of the franchise has yet to crack a whip and offer up footage from the pic.

There's been no teaser, no trailer, no Super Bowl spot; just a one-sheet and exclusive photos handed to magazines like Vanity Fair and Empire or posted on IndianaJones.com.

That comes as a surprise at a time when Hollywood is eager to start hyping its summer tentpoles a year in advance -- and when it's been 19 years since the last Indy adventure, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade." First trailers for Par and Marvel's "Iron Man" and Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight" bowed last summer, for example.

But when it comes to "Crystal Skull," Par and Lucasfilm have shown little other than a brief presentation of Steven Spielberg and his cast on set during Comic-Con last July.

That will change next week.

Par will attach the first teaser for "Crystal Skull" to fantasy pic "The Spiderwick Chronicles" on Feb. 14, with the spot to hit the Web shortly thereafter.

Reason for the delay is that the film only recently wrapped, so much of the material that would go into a memorable trailer just wasn't ready until now.

Awareness and anticipation also is already high for the pic, so producers didn't feel the need to show too much too soon.

"In the case of Indiana Jones, he's such a well-known character that it's not like you have to get out there and introduce something new," said Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. "You tailor the campaign to the material. We also want to keep a lot of the surprises. That's part of the fun."

Indy, however, isn't the only slow-show in the summer lineup so far.

Universal and Marvel have also kept "The Incredible Hulk" under wraps, and U has yet to show a trailer for the third installment in its "Mummy" franchise or New Line with "Sex and the City."
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yay! It's about time! [face_dancing]

I know where I'm gonna be next Friday.
  25. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    It's really coming!!!! OMG it's really coming. I might pee myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.