main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    If you want to download the trailer in HD.

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Saw it. Loved it.

But now I wonder what Everton's verdict is. :p

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I saw that too and I honestly don't understand where they're coming from. From what I saw, I do agree that it looks very close to the originals and it just seems that people are looking for an excuse to nitpick just for the sake of nitpicking. Of course, we're dealing with the same problem here as we did with the Prequels - this is the first Indy film we had in close to 20 years. Expectations are high and people are going to complain if something doesn't unfold how they envision it. I just say deal with it and enjoy the ride. I mean, this is a new Indiana Jones film!

As for the best part of the trailer:

"Damn, I thought that was closer." [face_laugh]

I loved that! Some great stuff!

5. mozhu

mozhu Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey Sith_Lord_Linkoping, do you happen to know the full urls that you posted for the trailer? I really want to download it. Thanks!

6. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Looked awesome, can't wait.

Has it really been 19 years since crusade? wow, time really does fly..

7. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Just watched the trailer and umm.....excellent. This looks really good. I liked the build up from the previous three movies...and then the Indy Theme. Can't wait for May 22.

8. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I just watched the trailers for the first three films. They definitely don't do the films justice. Last Crusade's trailer hams up the comedic moments, making the jokes appear to be far worse than they are through editing. The Raiders March is used incessantly.

So by comparison, the trailer for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is fine. It has many of the same flaws, only it's done with obnoxious modern editing and sound design techniques. I'm underwhelmed, but that's okay. It's just the teaser. The full trailer will be something to really look forward to, especially since it will probably feature new music.

9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I love the little smirk at the end of the trailer, that's a true Indy :D

The rest is pretty good as well ;)

Can't wait for the movie :cool:

10. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Bad ***, can't wait.

11. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I loved it, but WT* is up with Ray Winstone's pants?

12. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey, sorry. Try again now. :)

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/indianajones/trlr1/IJ_KOTCS_trailer1_480p.mov

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/indianajones/trlr1/IJ_KOTCS_trailer1_720p.mov

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/indianajones/trlr1/IJ_KOTCS_trailer1_1080p.mov

13. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    That absolutely rocked. Him swinging with the whip was so cool. As the old saying goes, "this is why they build theaters".

14. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I saw that too in the when I watched it in HD. Looks like some bad digital...something or other.

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    lolz

It could've been so much worse.

I still can't entirely convince myself that Indy doesn't look too old, and I'm concerned about the amount of CGI being deployed in what I assume is the finale (or at least, third act), and perhaps the scale is a little too large. Those big moving pillars do look very big.

On the plus side, Ford clearly hasn't forgotten Indy, looks enormous fun, and extremely well put together. Some excellent one-liners, I thought.

I not put off. And at this stage, that's a lot to be thankful for.

QFT.

16. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    The slow-motion footage and choice of music in the first half culminating in a close-up of the American flag reminds me a bit too much of Michael Bay. But then when we get to that fedora, it's all pretty impressive.

17. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Overall a really good teaser. My only gripe honestly is the out of place Children of Dune music during the first half. Why not the Ark Theme from Raiders or the Grail Theme from Last Crusade? The music as is just doesn't fit with the established "Indy" atmosphere. Plus, that cue is extremely overused in trailers at this point.

The film looks great, though.

18. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Anyone know what movie(s) it'll be attached to theatrically? I'm kind of debating holding off watching it online to see it for the first time in all its glory...

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was gonna ask where that music was from. Thanks! That'll save me a lot of digging.

As for the film it's supposed to be attached to, I heard it was gonna be with Spiderwick Chronicles.

20. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

21. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Just watched the trailer and I think its a superb teaser. That stunt with the jeeps in the warehouse made my jump out of my chair! Fantastic, I think this will be a good film and a well-recieved one.

Can't wait for more!!!

22. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Watched it twice in a row, loved it.

"You're a teacher?"

"Part time."

[face_laugh]

23. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Very nice...definitely at the top of the list for 2008 movies.

24. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    Trailer looked great, the one liners really made me lol, especially the two already mentioned :)

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Just got to watch it, no lie, I'm trembling. I do think the beginning footage was beautiful but I was confused by the music choice... but as soon as it got to the HAT and the SILLHOUETTE... :eek:

And I literally began shaking when Indy first spoke. It was INDIANA JONES! I cannot see how anyone can think he's too old, or Harrison's washed up, or anything when they see this. He just IS Indy. And oh my gosh, I'm going to get to see an Indy movie in theatres. This is an INDY movie! :D :D :D

Ahhhhhhhh!

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.