main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Indy's back! Ford still has it. This movies going to rock!

2. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I loved it, made me feel like a kid again and my dad is taking me to see Raiders for the first time.

3. GreenLantern_Jedi

GreenLantern_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2007
    Overall, considering its just a teaser trailer with unfinished FX, I think KotCS looks like a fun movie. The intensity & scariness seem to have gone out of the series - this appears to be the sequel to IJ&tLC, not RotLA & ToD. I hope the next trailer lets us see more than the jokey fun part of the movie. And for those who are griping about Indie crashing into the truck & cracking a joke - imagine if the LC teaser had the bit where Indie has his book autographed by Hitler, a scene played for laughs. It's only one moment in a two hour movie. Let's wait for the whole film before we start tearing it apart.

4. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Can't wait. Can't wait!!

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If I'm honest, I think its rather underwhelming. But then, I've never been much of a fan of Indiana.

6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    My in depth analysis:

00:39 - 1 car, 1 jeep, 3 troop transports. They appear to be American. Heading towards and airfield in the distance. WTH is up with the huge flag though? lol.

00:40 - Soldiers surround what appears to be the car from the convoy in the previous scene. Is this at the airfield? We see the edge of what could be a hanger at the right of the screen.

00:41 - Are they pulling Indy out of the trunk? Interesting note: The soldier on the left pulling him out is in American uniform.

00:54 - The iconic shot of Indy picking up his hat. We see the soldiers no longer seem to have their guns trained on him. We see them milling about and hopping into a jeep in the upper left.

00:57 - "This ain't gonna be easy." Okay, it appears they still do have their guns on Indy and Ray Winstone. We now see the hanger in the background says USAF on it. Their are a pile of crates to the right. And something is definitely wrong with Ray's pants! Over Ray's shoulder we have a clear view of one of the soldier's uniforms. It also says U.S. on it. What? Americans are holding our hero hostage? Or enemies in disguise?

00:59 - The soldier coming into view on the left seems to have Indy's whip wrapped around his shoulder.

01:10 - Ok, I'm assuming these are the Russian baddies in American uniform, as they are the same guys giving chase to Indy in the Warehouse (same one from Raiders???) and are being ordered around by Kate Blanchett. The first guy Indy punches out of the truck has a US army uniform, nametag says Jefferson.

1:14 - After relieving the car of the two soldiers, we see it is full of opened crates marked Top Secret. Hm, maybe they were trying to steal some government secrets?

1:23 - Someone is smacking Indy with a chain? It's a blurry shot, guy in a green uniform. Indy appears to be inside a submarine or boat, behind him are 1 or 2 torpedos.

1:25 - It looks like the Russians got away with some precious Gov't property - a metal crate that says OMG : ROSWELL NEW MEXICO 1947!!!!!! It appears to have magnetic properties, as we see a pair of glasses go flying and get stuck to it.

1:26 - I can't describe it. Here, have a picture: [image=http://i26.tinypic.com/2hroc5v.jpg]

1:27 - Indy is in the vehicle closest to the cliff's edge, Ray's character is with him, but there's also a strange stringy-haired bearded homeless guy looking person. Abner?

1:28 - Indy just blew something up. He's got an RPG on his shoulder. He's in a vehicle, Mutt is on his right, Marion on his left, driving.

1:36 - Skipping ahead now. We cut back to the Airfield scene with Indy and Ray Winstone being held at gunpoint. The soldiers are in US uniform, carrying Tommy guns.

1:37 - Indy swings and kicks some poor bastard through a window in a sealed off control area. This appears to be the same location from 1:23. A torpedo can be seen in the upper left. In the center appears to be some transport, which looks like a lawn chair with a big ass rocket on the back, with a flat bed in between. It's on rails, so maybe it's for transporting stuff to other areas of what I now think seems like some sort of underground base.

That's all for now folks.

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been in class today so I didn't get to see the trailer until around 3:00pm. Downloaded the hi-res video using my sister's fast connection and I'm finally home to talk about it.

In a word. GLORIOUS!

The trailer gave me goose bumps then rocked my world. The footage looks fantastic, classic yet modern at the same time. Indy swinging around the warehouse is jaw dropping. I shouted "Hell yeah!" at the computer when that happened. It looks like Spielberg, Lucas and Ford are pulling out all the stops and throwing everything in but the kitchen sink. I haven't been this excited since I first saw the teaser for Revenge of the Sith.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, definitely on RotS level of excitement (though that teaser was still better... you can't beat Sir Alec :p). I just showed this to one of my friends who got uber excited. I think a lot of people don't even know this movie is happening. I'll be interested to hear more general public reactions soon.

Gobi, I agree about the warehouse scene, too- !!!

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I personally thought the TPM and AOTC trailers were better than ROTS, but I digress.

Without getting too fanboyish, this was bloody awesome! Showed enough without giving too much away, but wasn't annoyingly short either. I'm curious about that Roswell 1947 crate. Will that have to do with the plot? Or is it just a joke in the movie like the Ark cameo was in Last Crusade?

10. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    What is with the soilder behide Mac when he says "This ain't going to be easy"? In the back, a soilder appears out of no where! He isn't there then he appears walking really fast from behind other soilder.

11. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    So I just read on the IMDB message boards that the "This ain't gonna be easy" shot with Ray's wacky pants and the soldier appearing out of thin air was actually edited by mandate of the MPAA to make the trailer suitable for all audiences. In the original shot, the soldiers are pointing guns at Ray and Indy and this was deemed inappropriate, so they edited them out.

Here's a comparison: [image=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3825/cgipants1la6.jpg]

And another altered shot: [image=http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1336/cgipants2cj6.jpg]

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Some sharp eyed fans over at TheRaider.net have noticed this as well, looks like they photoshopped in some extra crates to hide something they don't want us to see.

EDIT: Looks like the mystery is solved in the above post.

13. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    I like how the gun's shadow is still on the ground even though the soldier holding it has had it censored out.

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    first of all, I find it really bizarre the mpaa censored that. Secondly, what an awesome trailer. The part with Indy on the whip swinging into the front of the jeep and knocking the tow guys out. Priceless. I wonder if Harrison is still doing these stunts?

15. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Looking at the high res screencap of the shot of the cliff chase, not only is what appears to be John Hurt in the backseat with Ray Winstone, but there's a unconscous guy riding shotgun!

16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    Maybe it's just an enemy soldier Indy knocked out when he jacked the vehicle. The clothing looks the same as the camo the guy in the other vehicle is wearing.
    Close up of John Hurt(?): [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot.jpg]

More screenshots:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot4.jpg]Love the expression of the guy on the left.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot1.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot2.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot5.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot6.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ISB/Screencaps/screenshot7.jpg]

17. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Huh, the MPAA censored a shot of soldiers holding guns on someone? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

18. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    At least they didn't replace the guns with walkie-talkies. I guess since the walkie-talkies from that era were the size of a large backpack.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa, very nice screenshots! Although to be honest, I'm not all that surprised that they censored the guns. We're living in a crazy world and just the slightest thing can offend people these days. No matter how much I disagree with it, I guess they figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

As far as I know, yes, Harrison is doing all of his own stunts in the film.

20. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Funny they censored the guns but not the shot of the soldiers blowing up in the warehouse.

21. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I notice that the nametag of one of the American-uniformed guys beating up Indy is "Washington", and another is "Jefferson". Since these are two very recognizable US Presidents' names, it makes sense to conclude that these guys are Russian spies in disguise.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It looks like there's going to be more "whipcraft" in this movie than in the previous three. I recently rewatched the trilogy, and he only uses the whip one or two times at most in each movie.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So, maybe the trailer shows all the whip-shots from KOCS. :p

24. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    They ARE 'American' soldiers...

25. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm very excited for this, reminds me of seeing the prequel trailers for the first time and the enormous high you got from watching those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.