main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I personally like the flag in the context it was used in the trailer. I agree that it doesn't make geological sense and in the final film it might be absent. I just think for the trailer the way it coincided with the music was perfect and I like the way it pulls over the flag to reveal what is going on. Rather than jumping right in to what is the very first moving image the world has ever seen from this movie, it kind of prepares the audience that "hey, we're here" and pulls back to reveal that image.

2. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    As an editor, I couldn't help but notice a little mistake in the trailer which I hope Michael Kahn fixes before the release. The scene where Indy swings out of the car, look beneath Indy, and you will see the two cars collide with each other. Then it cuts to the pulled back version, and the two cars haven't collided yet, and they collide a second time.

3. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    It's just a multi-angle shot. You will notice in the overhead shot, when the cars begin to crash, Indy hasn't is just about to pass the first layer of rafters. Cut to the pulled back shot, same thing. It didn't bug me.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Nice fan re-edit of the trailer here;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_A_HuAD2_w

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've watched the trailer 20 or 30 times and never noticed that till now.

6. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    :rolleyes:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, that's NOT a mistake, he's edited it that way on purpose to make it more exciting and to give it more (pardon the expression), IMPACT!!!!! You get two collisions instead of one. He's not worried about continuity, he's trying to make an exciting trailer. Honestly. :oops:

7. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I hope your right about that. I agree with you, having the two collisions is more exciting and is better for the timing with the music. Also, I've been trying to piece together how that scene will go, and here's what I think. The scene is out of order. I believe the scene with Indy in the car comes first, he swings his way up onto the rafters, then gets on top of the crates, runs along them, and swings his whip, swinging into the military vehicle with the two guys, throwing them off the side.

8. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Check out in RAIDERS when the boulder first rolls down after Indy. They show it a bunch of times from different angles.

9. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Can you believe it? I just saw the trailer for the first time today!

So am I 'crazy 8-} ' for forgetting that the trailer was due out last week??

10. MasterYogurt

MasterYogurt Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2005
    After seeing that part of the movie takes place in the 'Top Secret' warehouse where the Ark was stored in 'Raiders', it makes me think of all the cool movie homages they could add. I mean, just think of like if some of the boxes were broken open and you saw the contents. They could be random objects from Spielberg's other movies he's worked on. Like anything. The goggles the kids use in the jeeps from Jurassic Park, C-3P0's head, or some Reese's Pieces, a la E.T. I mean, those are pretty bad examples, but think of the possibilities. James Woods even! (Family Guy)

11. BigShot73

BigShot73 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    I am so pumped for Indy 4 after watching this trailer! The movie looks outstanding! Harrison Ford still looks the part after all these years. I can't wait! Between this, The Dark Knight, and Quantum of Solace in November, 2008 is promising to ge a great movie year.

12. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Certainly my most anticipated movie of the year.

13. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  15. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I finally saw the trailer...I can't wait for May 22! [face_dancing]

16. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I expected the final trailer in April. Bring it on.....I'll wear out my computer and cell phone on that one too.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! Bring on April! :D

18. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    So I was just watching the trailer for the millionth time when I noticed something: When Mutt turns around, it's almost a mirror image of Indy turning around to see the gargantuan boulder in Raiders.
    [image=http://i30.tinypic.com/35mfvwz.jpg][image=http://i27.tinypic.com/95x9jr.jpg]

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I knew there was something about that shot but couldn't place my finger on it. It's so obvious now.

20. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Like father, like son... ;)

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Quoted from the other thread:

22. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm a little sceptical about that description, but if it holds true, more power to you.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I have to agree. I'm a little skeptical myself. But then again, I was the same way when the teaser transcript was leaked.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do have to admit, some of the descriptions sound pretty sweet. ;)

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm not reading it. I'll wait for the trailer.

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    LA LA LA LA LA!!!

*fingers in ears*

:p

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.