The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePriminister05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just my two cents: I liked the American Flag in that one shot.

And that big shot of all those natives running down the stone steps after Indy and Co. isn't CGI; they built that set.

I've just been hearing accusations of too much CGI(including that shot) all over the internet.

Anything to complain....
  2. kingthlayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I think people are being thrown off by the quality of the trailer itself. Especially in the HD version, the picture is so clear and so sharp that it almost does look like CGI even when it isn't.
  3. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh, old spoiler habits die hard don't they Gobi?
  4. Oissan Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, it looks like someone interesting has joined the cast, though I guess it isn't much more than a cameo.

Ian McDiarmid will reprise the role he played in the Young Indiana Jones chronicles.
    At least that's what the official site's cast section said before it was taken off again ;)

In other news, John Hurt's is indeed playing Abner Ravenwood. Not surprising really.
  5. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The difference between Indy 4 and Episode III is that we already knew the backstory for RotS, so I had no problem being spoiled. Indy 4 is a different story. So far they've kept major spoilers and leaks to a minimum and I hope it stays that way. I plan to avoid any major spoilers that will ruin the surprise. I've enjoyed just putting things together from what's been officially released.

6. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Lol, I don't even understand the point of doing that. No one will know who the character is although it is great that he's got a part in the film.
  7. kingthlayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Who is the character, anyway? I've.. never seen Young Indiana Jones. [face_blush]
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
  9. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    The 2nd trailer is simply BRILLIANT go find it now.
  10. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    brilliant doesn't even begin to describe it. "Put your hands down, your embarassing us"

LOL!!!!
  11. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
  12. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yes, the new trailer is awesome!! (It's not officially online yet.) The voice-over narration by Ford makes me smile -- it's the first time we've heard Indy speaking at length in almost 20 years! -- and Cate's villainous role is given something of a spotlight here. More action, more stuff with Mutt (his Brando biker cap is quite the homage), more little moments with Indy and Mutt ("Don't touch anything!"), more sweeping shots of landscapes and waterfalls, and overall a more detailed look at the tone and style of the film are all big reasons why this is the best IJIV trailer yet!
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I have to agree with the comments so far, the trailer was absolutely amazing!

Ford's voiceover at the beginning really gave me chills(it actually sounded like Indy talking, not just Ford). And lots of great moments were strewned throughout. I particularly like the bit at the end with Marion and Mutt, "I don't think he plans that far ahead." Indy pops out of the back with the gun and their reactions are priceless. This movie is gonna rock! :D
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Loved the Brando tribute! Not sure about the bomb with red digital timer, pretty cliche. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt... ;)
  15. icqfreak Force Ghost

star 4
    Where is everyond finding this trailer? (Or is against the rules to say right now)
  16. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the timer had do with the rocket sled thingie.
  17. Mr_Burns Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks great. The opening combination of the "Miracle of the Ark" theme from Raiders with the voiceover exposition reminds me a lot of the Indy20 fan trailer which was around these parts back in 2000. I'd always thought that style worked very well.

Three weeks out seems fairly close to be premiering the trailer.
  18. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I've just had a call from my brother, who went to see Iron Man in London's Finchley Road.

He said the theatrical KOTCS trailer played before it.
  19. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm seeing Iron Man tonight so I can experience the trailer in all it's glory.
  20. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Did Stephen Colbert do a cameo in this movie as a soldier? If not, that is a clone. It's close to the 1 minute mark when they show him. [face_laugh]
  21. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sorry, but that won't be tolerated in this thread. No sharing of bootleg material of any kind and that means asking for it via PM.

The trailer is supposed to officially come online Sunday. You can search for a version of it before then, but no bootleg links are to be posted within this thread. :)
  23. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    Just saw the new trailer with Iron Man. Veeeeerrrry good.
  24. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    If so, he wouldn't have dissed the movie on his show.
  25. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The new trailer has now been uploaded to the official site. Here's the link! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.