main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Indy 4 Trailer Discussion Thread - Surprise 3rd Trailer Now Online!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by I_Heart_Han_Solo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Just my two cents: I liked the American Flag in that one shot.

And that big shot of all those natives running down the stone steps after Indy and Co. isn't CGI; they built that set.

I've just been hearing accusations of too much CGI(including that shot) all over the internet.

Anything to complain....

2. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I think people are being thrown off by the quality of the trailer itself. Especially in the HD version, the picture is so clear and so sharp that it almost does look like CGI even when it isn't.

3. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Eh, old spoiler habits die hard don't they Gobi?

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, it looks like someone interesting has joined the cast, though I guess it isn't much more than a cameo.

Ian McDiarmid will reprise the role he played in the Young Indiana Jones chronicles.
    At least that's what the official site's cast section said before it was taken off again ;)

In other news, John Hurt's is indeed playing Abner Ravenwood. Not surprising really.

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The difference between Indy 4 and Episode III is that we already knew the backstory for RotS, so I had no problem being spoiled. Indy 4 is a different story. So far they've kept major spoilers and leaks to a minimum and I hope it stays that way. I plan to avoid any major spoilers that will ruin the surprise. I've enjoyed just putting things together from what's been officially released.

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Lol, I don't even understand the point of doing that. No one will know who the character is although it is great that he's got a part in the film.

7. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Who is the character, anyway? I've.. never seen Young Indiana Jones. [face_blush]

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Giving this a bump. :)

9. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    The 2nd trailer is simply BRILLIANT go find it now.

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    brilliant doesn't even begin to describe it. "Put your hands down, your embarassing us"

LOL!!!!

11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I love it!!! :D

12. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Yes, the new trailer is awesome!! (It's not officially online yet.) The voice-over narration by Ford makes me smile -- it's the first time we've heard Indy speaking at length in almost 20 years! -- and Cate's villainous role is given something of a spotlight here. More action, more stuff with Mutt (his Brando biker cap is quite the homage), more little moments with Indy and Mutt ("Don't touch anything!"), more sweeping shots of landscapes and waterfalls, and overall a more detailed look at the tone and style of the film are all big reasons why this is the best IJIV trailer yet!

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have to agree with the comments so far, the trailer was absolutely amazing!

Ford's voiceover at the beginning really gave me chills(it actually sounded like Indy talking, not just Ford). And lots of great moments were strewned throughout. I particularly like the bit at the end with Marion and Mutt, "I don't think he plans that far ahead." Indy pops out of the back with the gun and their reactions are priceless. This movie is gonna rock! :D

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Loved the Brando tribute! Not sure about the bomb with red digital timer, pretty cliche. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt... ;)

15. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Where is everyond finding this trailer? (Or is against the rules to say right now)

16. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I think the timer had do with the rocket sled thingie.

17. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    Looks great. The opening combination of the "Miracle of the Ark" theme from Raiders with the voiceover exposition reminds me a lot of the Indy20 fan trailer which was around these parts back in 2000. I'd always thought that style worked very well.

Three weeks out seems fairly close to be premiering the trailer.

18. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I've just had a call from my brother, who went to see Iron Man in London's Finchley Road.

He said the theatrical KOTCS trailer played before it.

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm seeing Iron Man tonight so I can experience the trailer in all it's glory.

20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Did Stephen Colbert do a cameo in this movie as a soldier? If not, that is a clone. It's close to the 1 minute mark when they show him. [face_laugh]

21. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    *cough*pm*cough*

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry, but that won't be tolerated in this thread. No sharing of bootleg material of any kind and that means asking for it via PM.

The trailer is supposed to officially come online Sunday. You can search for a version of it before then, but no bootleg links are to be posted within this thread. :)

23. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Just saw the new trailer with Iron Man. Veeeeerrrry good.

24. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    If so, he wouldn't have dissed the movie on his show.

25. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    The new trailer has now been uploaded to the official site. Here's the link! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.