main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The OFFICIAL Indy Knights AOTC Response Thread!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-John, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SynthLord

SynthLord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey Paul, I agree with you about the script for Ep2. I don't understand why Lucas doesn't hire Lawrence Kasden to co write the new scripts like he did with ESB and RotJ. I would think since Lucas spends so many millions of his own dollars to make these movies that he would want the best and most intelligent scripts possible. As for not liking CGI Yoda... I see your point. I also prefer the organic look of the puppet from the original trilogy but Yoda isn't going to look totally realistic either way so I would rather see a CG Yoda that can battle the Sith than a puppet that can only waddle around and stir food. I really enjoyed Ep2 but, at this point, I don't think it's possible for the prequels to be as fun and inspiring as the originals simply because none of the new characters are as likable as Luke, Leia and Han. It was much easier to relate to those three, in my opinion, because you could tell they were actually interacting with each other. In Episodes 1 & 2, most of the actors seem to just be reciting lines as opposed to actually listening to or caring about what the other actors are saying. So I've decided to just enjoy the ride and view the prequels as footnotes to the original trilogy. It's a lot more fun that way.

2. daisyahchoo

daisyahchoo Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I do have a few minor things that I didn't like about the movie, but ya really can't watch something and not have something irk you. I did not like how sometimes the dialogue seemed a little jerky and slow, and how some of the scenes from the book (i.e. Padmé's family) were left out, because I really think that the family scene would have helped the love story part of it fall together a little easier.
    As for what I enjoyed the most: YODA.

3. PaulBannister

PaulBannister Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Synthlord, I agree with your way of viewing. I am now viewing the prequels as you said, a "footnote", and I thin you're right, I will probably enjoy episode 3 with this is mind. I think I just let the hype get the better of me with this one, I expected something as good as the originals, and when that didn't happen, I was dissapointed. Overall, better than TPM, but not even in the same league as the OT.

4. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Just a thought...

There have been several people saying that the prequels do not have the heart of the OT. I would have to agree with that. Maybe thats why George made episodes 4 - 6 first. The OT was the heart of the story. He is just making the prequels now to finish it all up.

5. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    I wasn't disappointed because I knew that we weren't going to get anything like the originals. In the original there was the ineffable magic between Luke, Leia, and Han, and Darth Vader. Lightning rarely strikes twice. However, I am having the time of my life with these prequels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.