The official "Introduce Yourself" thread

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Karma, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey guys, My name is Lee Ann...and I live in St. Augustine. I know its kinda far away but the people in Jax are really uninthusiastic...:( And I don't think there's anyone else from st.augy here...

Well, I think it'd be cool to meet people around here who love SW and stuff....
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy frelling cow, I think the Riddle kids are finally outnumbered! Awesome! Welcome to all the new members! I'm currently in Pinellas Park (think Redneck Tampa) fighting a losing battle fixing up my mom's house, so I don't know how many meetings I'll be able to attend during the summer, but if you guys in the area want to get together and do something Star Warsy, please let either me or Jayna know and we'll help get it organized!
  3. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Chiss Goddess! Glad you found us! I'm sure you've noticed that there's not much going on at the moment, but I hope you com check out our meetings this fall! :)
  4. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Definately, that'd be awesome. And Q...when you say Riddle kids...do you mean Embry Riddle?
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Indeed I did! Most of our current membership is made up of ERAU Students. I noticed you want to go to the USAF Academy. Have you been nominated or accepted? I was planning on going there. Got nominated but never accepted. I'm enjoying the civilian life though :D
  6. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    haha no...I'm actually not 19...I'm 16...wahoo! Go class of 06!
    Do you have any tips for me though? I have MIT, UF, and Riddle as my backup schools... not nessecarily in that order...but I'm starting to prepare now and stuff. I think I apply at the end of the next school year...Well, lemme know. ;)
  7. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just have plenty of backup schools. I was so ready to get into the Academy that I didn't have any, and just by luck a friend told me about Riddle and I happened to get accepted. If you are serious about the Academy, start your fitness training now and make sure to start getting to know the people that will be interviwing and nominating you. Try and go spend time with them, have a few dinners, things like that. It makes the interview process so much easier. I don't know if they still offer it, but they sell a book about how to get into the Academy. You order it right from the Academy website. Mine is probably too outdated, but it was rather interesting.
  8. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow, thank you so much. :D It's definately going to be tough getting in...eh, if I get in I do and it'll be absolutely wonderful...if I don't, I go to another excellent school. I'll survive either way...so long as I can do physics. :D
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    How much have you researched the Academy? There were a lot of things that I didn't know until I made some friends that used to teach at West Point, things that would drive me insane if I had to do them now. For example, you are only allowed to bring one personal item with you that isn't necessary (so you can bring all of your bathroom stuff, but only one thing that you don't need to survive). You aren't allowed to have a TV until your a Sophomore. Every Saturday morning around 6am you have your room inspected and if it isn't clean, I'm talking clean room clean, then you have to spend all Saturday cleaning it up (and when you're a Freshman you usually have wonderful upperclassmen that will come in and tear it up the day before, and sometimes you have to clean their rooms as well). It's those little things that reminded me too much of a Fraternity that turned me off. I still went for it because it's a great oppurtunity, but I don't know how I would have survived a year without any of my Star Wars stuff! I think if I were to do it all again I would either join ROTC or just go in enlisted after college and go through OTC.
  10. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    For Academy entrance- doing some kind of volunteer/charity work on a regular basis is always a credit in your favor.

star 1
    i know a kid form riddle who was at the academy for a year, if i could like give u his IM screen name he might be able to tell u what it was like. i will ask him if it is ok next time he is online. and to what Q9913 was saying how bad it is being a freshman, my friend was telling me freshman do not walk, u have to run everywhere, dinner, class, ect. but od course u dont run inside.
  12. DarkJediZM Jedi Padawan

Mike

Male

Born in Daytona..raised Jacksonville..Back in Daytona

Favorite SW film: ROTJ.
    Favorite SW Movie Character: Darth Vader
    Favorite EU Character: Grand Admiral Thrawn

I am interested in joining the Daytona Beach troopers. Currently I drive an 18 wheeler cross country sooooo that kinda means I'm limited on in person involvement right now. I've been an avid fan since opening my eyes shortly after birth. I might have even ran into some of you. When AOTC opened I went to Regal Cinemas on Williamson in Ormond. I was dressed as a Chiss (blue skinned) Sith. A couple of stormtroopers were there as well. Since I don't have much access to a computer the best way to reach me is by E-mail @ Dark_Jedi_zm@yahoo.com I can check that from my cell phone. Take care
  13. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    wow, its been a long time since I've checked in here. But I've joined the Daytona Beach Civil Air Patrol...so I'm down there like every monday... Things are looking really good towards the academy. :D

-CG
  14. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome! Which academy? Air Force?
  15. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
  16. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi
    i am terrence patterson people call me tj
    so call me tj

i am 18 getting ready for some college yeah
    i am from Washington state
    lived all around the world
    fav. movie star wars a new hope
    birth day feb 21 1986
    fav. food pizzia
    love to hang out. and play computer.
    coolest thing happen to me: was able to go to the owner who owns star wars insider magazine IT WAS SO COOL.
  17. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
  19. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey TJ! Glad you found us!! :D

So you're getting ready for college? What school?
  20. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    full sail hopefully it is a big computer tech college
  21. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was originally going to go to full sail and do computer graphics but then I found out they didn't offer a degree, and the whole "classes at 2am" thing.
  22. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really thats wierd i am going to do digital media and they offer a degree and same with computer animation and same with computer programing. i have heard good things and bad things
  23. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    This was probably 5 years ago so they may have changed it. I know a few guys that teach/taught there that are in the 501st so keep your eyes peeled for cars with Imperial decals ;)
  24. metiscus Jedi Padawan

Since this is the "Official" introduction thread, I figured I would officially introduce myself. I am mike, I live in Daytona, and I currently work for the community college doing webdesign.
  25. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.