main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***The Official "Is Palpatine Sidious?" Debate Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Odious, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not everyone has picked up on it.

Lucas has said that it's obvious if you think about it hard enough. Meaning that they aren't clones or twins.

2. Vaders_Clone

Vaders_Clone Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2002
    The question is Palpatine Sidious does bring up the questions of why the jedi couldn't sense him. Yoda himself said the darkside clouds everything. I did some research on starwars.com on palpatine and sidious. if you read what it has to say in the database about palpatine you will read that he is sidious and there is no doubting that. but if you read in the expanded universe section, you will also read that sidious learned a way of cloning and transferring his spirit to other host bodies. Even at the end of Return of the Jedi, when Vader throws sidious into the ventilation shaft, sidious is not dead, as presumed by many. He returns later on Yavin. I am including the like to the palpatine index. from here you should be able to maneuver your way through the index and read about palpatine and sidious. http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/index.html

3. Vaders_Clone

Vaders_Clone Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2002
    One other thing, in TPM, at the end, when Palpatine returns to Naboo, he congratulates Obi-wan and tells "young anakin" we'll watch your career with much interest. In aotc, when Palpatine is talking to Anakin in his "chambers" he tells the padawan that he doesn't need guidance and that "in time you will learn to trust your feelings, then you will be invincible." Palpatine tells Anakin that he has always said that he has never seen a more gifted jedi and that he can see anakin becoming greater than all the jedi, even more than "master yoda." Now tell me, does it seem that maybe palpatine can sense the force in anakin? can palpatine as "sidious" use the force to cloud the minds of the jedi and keep them from seeing him as anything but a peacekeeper? Yoda said that the darkside was hard to see, and that it clouds the mind. I think that palpatine was using his ability as sidious, dark lord of the sith, to cloud the vision of the jedi council and was forseeing the future. although being able to see the future jedi could not see how a person would die or end up, the could see it somewhat. What i believe is that palpatine/sidious uses the darkside of the force to cloud their vision, and when he tells anakin that he will be greater than all the jedi, he has seen anakin, in the future, joining the darkside of the force and becoming all that is left of the jedi arts. But he does not see that yoda and obiwan survive, and that he is killed by anakin! Just some food for thought! Enjoy! I know some of it is blurry but hey, what can i say, the darkside is good at doing that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.