main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***The Official "Is Palpatine Sidious?" Debate Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Odious, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Training sith who can kill jedi MASTERS takes time.

Just for the record, none of Sidious' apprentices have killed a Jedi Master on screen. Supposedly Vader will kill some Jedi Masters but by that time Sidious' will probably either have killed Palpatine or revealed himself as Palpatine (whichever u believe) and will no longer have to be working behind peoples' backs.

2. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    MAybe he let his gaurd down for a second, or just was suspicious about him suggesting obi-won.

When I say gaurd, i mean, he Sith force coverup thingy.

3. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Here is my answer (sort of) to the chamber scene involving Palpatine's possible use of the Force.

If he did use the Force, do you think that he knows he did it? Answer:

If he is Sidious. Yes, but that makes him pretty stupid or very bold.

If he is a clone. Nope.

And if he didn't use the Force? Answer:

What was the point of the sentence completion AND the Yoda glance?

I think I just answered a question with a question with a question???

4. Cartzca

Cartzca Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    There is also the camera pan to palpy at the end of TPM. (this has probably been mentioned before) The pan happens when they have the "did we kill the master or the apprentice conversation", and it very pointedly looks at palpy. This seems a little obvious, so it could be something to make us expect P to be DS. a trick?

5. Darth_Odious

Darth_Odious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Very,

My apologies. I was more overreacting to the fact that I'd forgotten to put that in post 2, as I've had to repeat a million times that the only point to making a clone to gain political power would be to assume that clone's place(and name). Then, it occurred to me that if I put that very large in my post, others might see it and not make further repetition necessary.

However, it hadn't occurred to me that I might have come off the wrong way.

Next time I give you trouble, just put up a new post, hit spacebar, colon, then lower case p. This should remind me to not be such a windbag.

6. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    FOXBATKLLR

"Just for the record, none of Sidious' apprentices have killed a Jedi Master on screen. "

Try Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul put a nice hole in him, unless you think her survived it. ;)

7. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Fox,

Wasn't qui gon a jedi master? Or did obi wan just call him master, but he was just a jedi knight or something. I'm a little unclear on the heirarchy.

8. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    Padawan=learning from a Master

Jedi Knight=passed the Trials

Jedi Master=taken an apprentice (Padawan learner)

9. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    Aplogies accepted. It's not big deal.

Theres alot of subtle things, before we know the truth, that just zoom in on palpatine for no reason.

It's for when people really know, when they rewatch it, they notice everything.

Even if it's a clone. But if Palps was a clone, then why would he always be talking to Anakin. And the whole "wheres the time to train a sith" is really just a plot whole in my opinion. It really truly is. But as a senator, I think he had time, because they werent' always there. They have sessions, then leave, then sessions, then leave. And As soon as he became Chancelor, he didn't have an apprentis, and recruited an already force master in dooku. So maybe it's not a plot whol. *shrugs*

10. Cartzca

Cartzca Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    [[I think that the fact that he died in a 2v1 fight proves that he wasn't a master. obi-wan called him "master" as part of the master/padawan relationship.

Perhaps im wrong though]]

OK im wrong.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    1. Palpatine/Sidious trained Maul while a senator and could get away with it. When he took over as Surpreme Chancellor, he took on Dooku. Dooku is a Jedi Master and can use the Force quite well. All the training he needs he has. Additional training has come from using stuff Palpatine/Sidious gave him. Also, Palpatine locks himself behind closed doors at night. At night. When everyone is in bed, including the Surpreme Chancellor. Yet he isn't. Instead he's wide awake in his lair training Dooku to become Tyranus. The script, which is canon, says that the meeting between the Sith at dawn. Early morning. About 6:00 AM by our standards.

2. Why did the Emperor insist on being at the Death Star to see its demise? Why did he insist on trying to turn Luke there? He's not subjective to handing personal matters. What if the clone fails to get something done right? He's screwed. Better to avoid that by doing it personally.

12. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Jedi Master=taken an apprentice (Padawan learner)

That's not necessarily true. Obi-Wan has an apprentice and yet he never obtains the rank of Jedi Master.

13. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    Yep, that's what i was getting at.

14. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    symantecs

Qui-Gon Jinn is a Master.

Yoda calls him MASTER QUI-GON

Starwars.com calls him MASTER

Obi-Wan calls him MASTER

Do you think that he would have even been considered for a seat on the council if he had never achieved the rank of master?

WAY off topic BTW

15. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    Padewans always call they're trainers Masters. But That doesn't make them a Jedi Master to everyone else. Obi Wons master, Jedi Master.

Watto was Anakins master, but that doesn't mean that Watto was even a Jedi.

16. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    That was just a qui gon clone. Ask syfo-dyas

17. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    SW.com also says that MOST of the seats on the council are Jedi Masters, not ALL of them. That's what it says if you look up Jedi Order. Anyways, it appears Qui-Gon probably did achieve the status of Jedi Master so you were right.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Now you're being silly. :p

Obi-wan is a Master in name only. He has not reached that next level. He's a Knight. Qui-gon was a Master and died as such.

19. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    ooooooooooooooohhhhhh

Sifo-Dyas

let's not go there, please <---begging

BTW Zam Wessel impersonated Sifo-Dyas, try not to post you rebuttle. ;) don't do it. I know you want to.

20. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Actually, if the clone messed up, sidious might not be in all that much trouble, but the clone would be. Look how Vader was to underlings who failed him. I can't even imagine what sidious would do.

21. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    OB,
    What, you're saying that zam and qui gon are different people? Please save your crazy theories for your own time, this forum is all about fact. ;)

22. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    Answer to why people call Obi-Wan "Master"

23. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    My sincerest apologies Lord Odious,

I guess maybe we can hope to see what Sidious would do to a failed apprentice. Total speculation follows: We may see him dispose of Dooku. (makes me giddy)

Anyway, to clone or not to clone, that IS the question.

24. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    ROFL! This thread keeps getting sillier by the minute. I love it.

Lord Odious,

Pardon my brief intermission, however, my presence was required elsewhere, whilst I cleaned the family vehicle in preparation for the arrival of the dreaded (but actually quite wonderful) mother-in-law. :D

OH BEHAVE,

To quote a wee bit of the Star Trek, "You have a singular wit." I like it!

25. LukeDuff

LukeDuff Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    This is the one thing that makes me think that Palp<>Sidious:

Given that Senator Palpatine and Master Sifo-Dyas were contemporaries,
    if Sidious is Sifo-Dyas,
    then he cannot also be Senator Palpatine.

I can't see how it'd be possible for a guy to be a senator, a Jedi, and a Sith lord at the same time.

Of course whether Sidious is Sifo-Dyas is debatable (I guess). IMHO, Sifo-Dyas *is* Sidious. The names remind me of what GL did with Obi-wan Kenobi and Old Ben Kenobi. Same person, two different but similar sounding names.

People that were reading spy reports before AOTC came out know that the script used to have the name SiDo-Dyas, which is even closer to Sidious.

If someone went up to Sidious and called him "Sifo-Dyas" he'd probably reply "Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long long time."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.