main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official (i've always wanted an official thread) character updates and new character stat thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by NJOfan215, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    as in kreia?

2. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Jedi_Winter_Knight Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    Kreia! That is it :)

3. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Oct 30, 2005
    Anyone try Kriea? Anyone...anyone?
    ...Bueller? ...Bueller?...

4. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I'm swamped with work now, but once i get some free time i'll draw up aome stats.

5. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Oct 30, 2005
    Awesome, and thanks :)

6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Ben Skywalker: Male Human Jedi Guardian 1; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 14 (+3 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10m; VP/WP 11/13; Atk +1 melee (2d8/19-20 lightsaber) or +2 ranged ?; SQ Force Point use as though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the "Force Level 1st" prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense and Alter; SV Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1; SZ M; FP 2; DS 0; Rep +1; Str 10, Dex 13, Con 13, Wis 10, Int 14, Cha 13.
    Skills: Balance +1, Bluff +1, Computer Use +2, Diplomacy +2, Disable Device +3, Hide +1, Move Silently +1, Sense Motive +1, Tumble +3.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +1, Enhance Ability +1, Enhance Senses +2, Force Defense +1, Force Stealth +5, Force Strike +5, Friendship +4, Heal Self +1, Move Object +3, See Force +3, Telepathy +2.
    Feats: Force Sensitive
    Force Feats: Control, Sense, Alter.

Still not 100% about this whole skywalker thing, ben's used all parts of the Force, yet there's no way he could be level 4 at the moment. so I selected the Force feats as his normal feats. Wanted to give him the 'Headstrong' feat, but couldn't.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I didn't know whether to put these in here or not, but i've been trying to work out various things from the dark nest trilogy. How everyone but jacen, luke, han, leia etc etc became joiners. I've come up with some stats but need opinions and criticism like hell. i already have my doubts about some of it but i kinda need pointing in the right direction more than anything else. It's kind of in rough draft form, so excuse any untidiness. The bit about using a Force Point in the last one is especially targetted towards Ben Skywalker, and the jumbo Force strike he used on Tenel Ka.

Feat: Know Thyself.
    Either you've had a long time to think, or have accomplished yourself in your field. You have the courage of your convictions and can stay on the ball because of your genuine self-belief.

Benefit: Your character can add his reputation bonus to his Will save throw to avoid the effects of Mind-affecting substances and abilities. This covers Truth Serum, Pheromones (such as thosed produced by the Falleen and Killiks); as well as the Force skills Affect Mind, Control Mind, Fear, and Friendship.
    Normal: Your resistance would be limited to your will saving throw.
    Prerequisites: Reputation +3, Wis 15+, must have taken place in a battle of some significance, and/or spent some time in serious contemplation, working out your place in the galaxy.

Killik Pheromones: Fail a will save DC 20, and you become a Joiner, gaining +10 circumstance bonus in telepathy between other Joiners, with the skill 'always on' at no VP cost, whether you're Force Sensitive or not.

Temporary Feat: Killik Joiner.
    As a Joiner, you are fanatic enough to do what must be done, no matter the cost.
    Benefit: Once per day/level, the Hive can command you into action, fail a will save DC 25 and you find yourself doing it to the best of your abilities, fail by 15 or more and you use a Force Point to reach your goals.

8. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I like your first feat.

I think joiner should be a templete not a feat.

9. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Oct 30, 2005
    I concur, but i was really excited to see these! :) Last night our GM begun to run our PCs through the Joiner King (I have not read it yet, im still working through the Vong books lol) and he made the save to resist the joining a 25 as well. We will use these in our game and thanks!

From what i understand of the books and what our dm has told us, i would say becoming a joiner should be a template as well since its an effect that has a result if you fail, then you become one. But great job :)

10. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I did some preliminary work on kreia last night, JC 9, SA 1, and SL 10

11. fryda_swaid

fryda_swaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Alright, I have managed to come up with some workable stats for one of the characters I requested. Here is Valance the Hunter.

Valance the Hunter: Male Human Soldier 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense 21 (+6 Class, +3 Dex, +2 Equiptment); Spd 10m; VP/WP 46/16; Atk +10/+5 Ranged (3d8, Heavy Blaster), or +10/+5 Ranged (3d8, Blaster Rifle), or +8/+3 Melee (1d3+1 Unarmed); SQ Cybernetics, Droid Hater; SV Fort +8, Ref +8, Wil +3; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 4; Rep +2; Str 13, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 15; Challenge Code D
    Equiptment: Blaster Rifle, Padded Combat Armor, Used Corellian Corvette (Kill Switch)
    Skills: Astrogate +6, Computer Use +4, Demolitions +8, Gather Information +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Pilot +4, Repair +6, Treat Injury +4
    Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Proficency (Light), Armor Proficency (Medium), Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes, Frightful Presence, Infamy, Point Blank Shot

Droid Hater: Because of Valance's extreme hatred of droids he gains a +4 Circumstance Bonus to all attacks against them.

Cybernetics: Valance has the following cybernetics implanted (from d20 Future) Advanced Prosthetic Arm, Internal Weapon Mount (Heavy Blaster), Night Vision Optics, Subcutanious Body Armor (Light).

According to the Boudolayz files, Beilert Valance registered for Imperial service as a native of Shinbone, a hardscrabble mining world in Wild Space, and said he'd lost both parents as a child to the Hardan Plague. After his enlistment, he was sent to the Empire's infamous heavy-gravity Sirpar training center in the Arkanis Sector. He thrived there and was assigned to the sector army of the Outer Rim's volatile Nembus Sector, where he saw extensive action against pirates and Rebel groups. Afterward, he was promoted to sergeant major of his stormtrooper platoon after the pacification of Praadost II.

With the Nembus Sector campaign dying down, Valance's legion was assigned to the nearby Kwymar Sector, where his life would take a fateful turn. The Kwymar Suppressions would be Valance's last mission for the Empire. The Picutorion raid was followed by an assault on Doniphon, where Rebel starfighters strafed the Imperial ground troops. A badly wounded Valance was left at Anglebay Station on Telos 4 to die. The medics there saved his life, but only by replacing half of his body with cybernetic parts.

His Imperial career ruined, Valance became a bounty hunter. Few, if any, knew of his past, though many noted his irrational hatred for mechanicals. As a bounty hunter, Valance first gained notice for apprehending the berserker pirate Alabar Double Ax, whom he'd pursued from Sikurd to the Red Nebula; he confiscated the Sikurdian's ship and renamed it Kill Switch. He then assembled a gang of henchmen who helped him rout the Chorran shipjackers operating out of Donadus in the Inner Rim's Bamula Sector and capture a slavers' ring on Thraisai -- missions that established him as an elite hunter.

Valance's employers knew him as a patient stalker who liked to hunt by consulting an array of infochants and rumor brokers, then let his instincts tell him where to intercept his prey. But they learned not to let droids near Valance, or to make inquiries about the grim-faced hunter's past. The Emperor even hired the dark hunter to uncover the identity of the first Death Star's destroyer.

A few weeks after A New Hope, Valance told his followers that he had a new mission for them -- one he would pay for himself. Their objective: Utterly destroy Anglebay Station. No salvage... and no survivors.

The mission unsettled even the hard cases that made up the Kill Switch's crew. Anglebay Station was neutral in the Galactic Civil War, caring for any patients that came its way, even bounty hunters. But fear of their ruthless boss and greed for his credits kept the hunters silent, and the Kill Switch headed up the Hydian Way to the Telos system.

During the Telos raid, Valance's henchmen overheard a patient babbling about his adventure with Han Solo, the Lepi s

12. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Oct 30, 2005
    "I did some preliminary work on kreia last night, JC 9, SA 1, and SL 10 "\-njofan215

outstanding, looking forward to the rest :)

13. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    don't mean to seem a putz, but what do you mean by a template? temporary levels? Stencillers? [face_thinking]

14. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    They aren't really used in the SWRPG, but they're fairly common for D20 Modern/Future/Arcana (wouldn't know about D&D as I haven't played it).

They are basically a condition put upon the characters stats, like a disease.

Here's a Template from D20:

HALF-FIEND (TEMPLATE)
    Template Traits
    ?Half-fiend? is an inherited template that can be added to any living creature (referred to hereafter as the ?base creature?) other than a celestial. The creature?s type changes to outsider. It uses all the base creature?s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
    Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +2, or +3 if the half-fiend has wings.
    Speed: There is a 25% chance that a half-fiend has batlike wings. Such a creature can fly at the base creature?s normal speed (average maneuverability).
    Defense: The base creature?s natural armor bonus improves by +1.
    Attacks: A half-fiend retains all the attacks of the base creature. It also gains a bite attack and two claw attacks if the base creature didn?t already have them. If the base creature did not have bite and claw attacks, use the base damage values in the table below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature?s base damage, whichever is greater.
    Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
    Fine 1 ?
    Diminutive 1d2 1
    Tiny 1d3 1d2
    Small 1d4 1d3
    Medium-size 1d6 1d4
    Large 1d8 1d6
    Huge 2d6 1d8
    Gargantuan 2d8 2d6
    Colossal 4d6 2d8
    Special Qualities: A half-fiend retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains the additional special qualities described below.
    Darkvision (Ex): A half-fiend has darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
    Damage Reduction (Ex): Roll on Table: Fiend Immunities, Resistances, and Damage Reduction, subtracting 30 from the die roll, to determine whether the half-fiend has damage reduction. If the result is less than 1, the half-fiend has no damage reduction. If the campaign includes few or no magic weapons, the GM should consider allowing specific types of weapons to ignore a half-fiend?s damage reduction or contrive some other special vulnerability.
    Immunities (Ex): Roll on Table: Fiend Immunities, Resistances, and Damage Reduction, subtracting 30 from the die roll, to determine whether the half-fiend has any immunities. If the result is less than 1, the half-fiend has no immunities.
    Outsider: A half-fiend has the traits common to outsiders.
    Resistance to Energy (Ex): Roll on Table: Fiend Immunities, Resistances, and Damage Reduction, subtracting 30 from the die roll, to determine whether the half-fiend has any resistances. If the result is less than 1, the half-fiend has no resistances.
    Spell-Like Abilities: A half-fiend with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher possesses spell-like abilities according to its character level, as given on the table below. Unless otherwise indicated, each ability is usable once per day.
    Level Abilities Level Abilities
    1?2 Mage hand 3/day 11?12 Levitate
    3?4 Daze 3/day 13?14 Displacement
    5?6 Change self 15?16 Tongues
    7?8 Cause fear 17?18 Bestow curse
    9?10 Blur 19+ Animate dead

Telepathy (Su): A half-fiend with an Intelligence score of 12 or higher can communicate telepathically with any living creature within 100 feet that has a language.
    Allegiances: A half-fiend always has an allegiance to evil.
    Saves: Same as the base creature, modified by new ability scores.
    Ability Scores: A half-fiend gains the following ability score increases: Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2.
    Automatic Language: A half-fiend can speak Abyssal.
    Skills: A half-fiend gains skill points as an outsider of its nonclass Hit Dice. Treat skills from the base creature?s list as class skills. If the creature has a class, it gains skills for class levels normally.
    Feats: A half-fiend gains feats as an outsider of its nonclass Hit Dice or as the base creature, whichever gives the greater number of feats.

All that is applied to a characters stats. It's not a class, it's more of a "change in species" basically.

15. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ahh cool, cheers berkley, i've seen the post btw, getting ready for work though so can't do it now

16. Anakin_4415

Anakin_4415 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    where did you guys find info on the sith lord class? is it online?

17. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    here it is.

http://swrpgnetwork.com/files/faq/revised_darkside.pdf

18. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    This is this the 1st edition template, hope this is what you're looking for....

Attributes
    DEX 3D+1
    KNOW 2D+1
    MECH 3D+2
    PER 3D
    STR 3D
    TECH 2D+2

Equipment
    stock light freighter
    heavy blaster pistol
    comlink
    2000 credits standard
    25,000 credits in debt to a crime boss

Background: Your parents called it "gallivanting around the galaxy", but as far as you're concerned there's no better life than a free trader's. Traveling as your fancy takes you, trading a little here and a little there, looking for a sharp deal, bargaining and selling....New worlds to see, always a new planet at the end the journey.
    Thats how it's supposed to be, anyway. But....the Empire is more and more restrictive by the day. Goods that used to be legal are now contraband. Even contraband is harder and harder to come by. Customs inspectors are like bloodhounds. Bribes have become your major expense. You keep on dreaming of making one big killing and getting out.... but you don't want to get out. To you, your ship is home, transportation, and freedom, all in one package. The idea of losing it kills you.
    But you may very well may lose it. To keep on operating, you had to borrow money from a mobster, a real slimeball crime king. You're pretty deep in debt now, and they keep on making nasty jokes about breaking your kneecaps. Damn the Empire, anyway! It's their laws and their corruption that brought all this about.

Personality: You're tough, smart, good-looking and cynical. You're a fine pilot and a good businessman. Mostly you want to hit it big and be left alone by scum, both criminal and official.

A Quote: "I don't have the money with me."

Connection with other characters: You need at least one other person to run your ship, a partner. This could be The Alien Student, the Brash Pilot, The Gambler, The Merc, the Minor Jedi, the Mon Calamari, The Wookiee, or anyone with decent mechanical skills. You could have encountered virtually any of the other characters in the course of your (frequently shady) business dealings.

19. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    yes please! :)

i want to do more stats, so any help on making the process easier, and eliminating any tedium that could arise would be appreciated :)

20. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Has anyone made any d6 stats for ROTS? I'm working on some Ani and Obi stats, I'll post them if anyone is interested.

General Grievous is probably next on my d6 list. (Though he might be a little tricky to do under revised and expanded.)

21. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Hey i just wanted to drop in say i haven't forgot about this group or anything like thta, i'm still swamped. My semester is done december 20th. Maybe i'll get around to making stats and stuff before then, but if i don't i'll be after then.

22. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Check out these Darth Revan stats I made.
    They were quite tricky, because every Revan is different :)
    but I think the results are something everyone can use in their campaign. Feel free to alter as you see fit :)
    Enjoy!

Darth Revan: Male Human Jedi Consular 10/Sith Lord 10; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 24 (+13 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 118/12; Atk +21/+16/+11/+6* melee (6d8+2/18-20, lightsaber) or +19/+14/+9/+4* melee (6d8+2/18-20, lightsaber) and +20* melee (2d6+4d8+1/19-20, short lightsaber) or +19/+14/+9/+4 ranged; SQ Deflect (defense +4, attack -2, extend defense and attack), healing, block, resource acccess, Sith secrets, exceptional minions, Sith Master; SV Fort +15, Ref +14, Will +16; SZ M; FP 14; DSP 16; Rep +7; Str 14, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, short lightsaber (personalized, attack bonus +1, damage -1), costum made dark robes.
    *Darth Revan has constructed his own lightsabers.
    Skills: Craft (lightsaber) +6, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +10, Knowledge (Sith lore) +16, Knowledge (systems) +9, Knowledge (tactics) +12, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Rakata, Read/Write Ryl, Read/Write Selkatha, Read/Write Shyriiwook, Read/Write Sith, Speak Basic, Speak Rakata, Speak Ryl, Speak Selkatha, Speak Shyriiwook, Speak Sith.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +13, Battlemind +17, Control Mind +18, Enhance Ability +16, Farseeing +11, Fear +25, Force Defense +21, Force Grip +19, Force Lightning +21, Force Strike +14, Heal Self +14, Move Object +20, See Force +13, Telepathy +10.
    Feats: Ambidexterity, Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Improved Critical (lightsaber), Off-Hand Parry, Skill Emphasis (Knowledge (tactics)), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Groups Proficiencies (blaster pistol, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Control, Force Mastery, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolent, Master Defense, Mettle, Rage, Sense, Sith Sorcery.

23. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    nice, those are kind of like the ones i'm making for kreia. I've got a jedi revan under design.

24. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Kreia a level 20 with those kinds of Force powers? Hmmm :)

25. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Kreia, Darth Traya: Female Human Jedi Counselor 9/Sith Acolyte 1/Sith Lord 10: Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense 24 (+1 Dex, +13 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 159/16; Atk +19/+14/+9/+4* melee (6d8-1/19-20, lightsaber) or +15/+10/+5 melee (1d3-1, unarmed) or +17/+12/+7/+2 ranged; SQ: One armed, deflect (defense +2, attack ?1, extended defense and attack), exceptional minions, resource access, Sith Master; SV Fort +18, Ref +12, Will +20; SZ M; FP 11; DSP 35; Rep +7; Str 9, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16. Challenge Code H.

Equipment: Lightsaber (self Made),

Skills: Craft (lightsabre) +8 Gather Information + 16, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +10, Knowledge (Sith lore) +14, Listen +6, Move silently +7, Sense Motive +15, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith, Search +6, Speak Basic, Speak Sith*.

Force skills: Affect Mind +10, Alchemy +14, Battlemind +10, Control Mind +14, Drain Knowledge +10, Empathy +12, Enhance Ability +11, Enhance Senses +6, Farseeing +14, Fear +10, Force Defense +14, Force Grip, +6, Force Lightning +20, Force Stealth +16, Force strike +6, Heal Self +10, Move Object +16, See Force +14, Telepathy +14,

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Iron Will, Skill Emphasis (Force Lightning), Weapon Finesses (Lightsaber), Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Aware, Control, Dark Power, Force Mastery, Force Whirlwind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolent, Master Defense, Mettle, Mind Trick, Sense, Sith Sorcery, Telekinetic Might, Telekinetic Fighting.

Jacen Solo (End of Dark nest): Male Human Jedi Guardian 10/ Jedi Scholar 3/ Jedi Master 1; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 22 (+10 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 108/15; Atk +13/+8/+3 melee (1d3+1, punch) or +15/+10/+5* melee (4d8+1/19-20, lightsaber), +14/+9/+4 ranged (3d6 or DC 15 stun, blaster pistol); SQ Force Point use as though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the "Force Level 1st" prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense, and Alter, Free Disciple of the Unifying Force, deflect (defense +3), deflect (attack -4), deflect (extend defense and attack), block, Force Secret (Force Defense +1); SV Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +13; SZ M; FP 10; DSP 7; Rep +6; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 16.

Equipment: Lightsaber, blaster pistol.
    *Jacen Solo has constructed his own lightsaber.

Skill: Craft (lightsaber) +6, Handle Animal +11, Intimidate +5, Jump +4, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +6, Knowledge (Vong) +5, Knowledge (The Force) + 10, Pilot +7, Read/Write Basic, Ride +4, Speak Basic, Speak Mon Clamarian, Speak Shyriiwook, Tumble +4.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +13, Battlemind +10, Empathy +10, Enhance Ability +6, Enhance Senses +6, Illusion + 6, Farseeing +7, Force Defense +10, Force lightning +3, Force Strike + 6, Friendship +6, Heal Another +4, Heal Self +5, Move Object +8, See Force +10, Telepathy +10.

Feats: Animal Affinity, Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Disciple of the Unifying Force, Force Mastery, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Link, Mettle, Mind Trick, Sense.

Disiple of the Unifiying Force can be found in jedi counsoling number 78, i think.

On tap, reven, handmaiden, visas, dark nest jaina, saba, slightly different obi-wan, different lumiya.

I have some ideas for rayner and for lomi, but i need to do some more work on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.