main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official James Luceno Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks Quest.

I would like to see more James Luceno SW work. Perhaps some Old Republic tales or some Dark Times stuff. I thought DL was great, but could have been longer. There's still a lot of room in the immediate aftermath of ROTS for some stories, especially early Empire formation stuff. Given Mr. Luceno's background in SW I think he'd be perfect to tackle this.

Also, Mr. Luceno has written in just about every era. Pre TPM, prequel, post ROTS, NJO and now legacy era. I wonder what his favorite period to write in is and why?

2. sithkiller83

sithkiller83 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I am posting this thread in hopes that James Luceno or anybody else for that matter could take the time to help me. For quite some time now i have been looking for a paperback book written by james luceno called Darth Maul Saboteur. I have been everywhere online and i have also been to many bookstores looking for this book. If any body reading this can help me it would be highly appreciated. May the force be with you.

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not a paperback book. It's an e-book. You should be able to find a format in which you prefer to download it here.

4. sithkiller83

sithkiller83 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I was starting to wonder that because that is all i could find. Thanks for the info i will dl the ebook and i am sure i will enjoy it. Thanks again. May the force be with you

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's included in the paperback edition of Shadow Hunter!

6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    The thing that I like about James' books is that he fills in the information directly before (or after) the films, so you get the whole scope of things.

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Same here.

Jim would be the PERFECT author to give us a pre-AOTC novel about Padme and the seperatist crisis. That's if they lifted the embargo on Padme for JUST this once.

8. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    Very happy with MF. It was so good! Anyone going to a signing?

9. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I hear Luceno wants to write something during the film saga perhaps a classic era novel or an early New Republic novel much like Matt Stover is doing Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. He said this in an interview on EU cantina and that his favorite character to write is Han so maybe Luceno could do a Han Solo novel during the classic era or early NR era perhaps he could do a book called HAN SOLO AND THE RETURN TO THE CORPORATE SECTOR.

10. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Kind of a like a volume 4 to the Daley series? Man that would be sweet...

11. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    I just finished read MF and SOM and while most seem to give rave review to SOM, I quite enjoyed MF much better. I loved finding out the backstory to my favorite YT-1300 and all the subplots that went with it.