A&A The Official Jan Duursema Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Ren_Stazi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just read ''Legacy - War 2'' and it has blown my mind away. Just one quick question, one that has some people at Wookiepedia banging their heads against walls (hopefully not literally): this is the third time Moff Yage is referred to as "Ranulf", is that his real name? Is "Rulf" an abbreviation of "Ranulf"?
  2. Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic

VIP
    star 4
    Hey, we have Gunn "Gunner" Yage, Storm, Canon, Crasher--When I'm thinking about Blue and Cade, in my mind he calls her 'Dee'. So surely, Rulf can be a diminutive of Ranulf. Works for me.
  3. JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I've just read some of the Quinlan Vos comics from the Republic series and thought they were fantastic, your art was great. These have made me really want to read the rest of the Republic series, and start the Legacy series. These comics were truly fantastic and definately ones that I'd read again.
  4. Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic

VIP
    star 4
    Thanks! Very happy to hear you enjoyed the Quin stories in the Republic series. I really had a great time drawing those issues--both Vos and Aayla were great characters to work on. Hope you get to read Legacy--it's another series I've had a blast with. Cade and crew are a lot of fun. :)
  5. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I also just fairly recently read Republic; great job throughout. Quinlan Vos became a favorite character (would love to see what happens to him and especially his son). It'll be awhile until I get to Legacy, since I want to read some of the books that come before it, but it looks great.

Can't wait to see what else you and John have planned. I'd really like it to be connected with Quin's son, but I also wouldn't mind something really unique, like the comic you just recently announced.
  6. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    Absolutely beatiful work on Legacy: War #4 (as if there was ever a doubt). Loved every panel, especially the sacrifice near the end! Can't wait for the two remaining issues. Or for whatever it is you and John have cooking up down the road.
  7. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Hi! Are you and John still working on a new series (besided John's "Agent of the Empire"), and when do you think we'll be able to learn more about it?
  8. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    I really enjoyed the Legacy comics. Is there a chance that we can see cade or the fel empire any soon again :)
    and by the way, Are Cade and Blue compatible?(in sense of can they have any Progeny?)
  9. Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic

VIP
    star 4
    Hi Ghost--You've probably heard by now that John and I are working on a new series called 'Dawn of the Jedi' for Dark Horse--taking us from the future with Legacy and into GFFA past--back to the events that lead to the formation of the Jedi Order!
  10. Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic

VIP
    star 4
    Hi Morrison85--Great to hear that you enjoyed Legacy. :) I wish we could see the Legacy crew again soon, but the series is on the shelf for now.

Are Cade and Blue compatible? I don't see why not--more diverse species than they have had offspring. Zeltrons are considered 'near human' or something-- basically humans with pink skin.
  11. Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Master

star 3
    Jan: what was the genesis of the DOTJ project?
  12. Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic

VIP
    star 4
    It was an idea that DH and LF had been kicking around for years. John and I were asked to develop the look and feel of the era for the series.
  13. Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Master

star 3
    So very cool, thanks!! Looking forward to this greatly!