main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jan Duursema Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Ren_Stazi

Ren_Stazi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2008
    Just read ''Legacy - War 2'' and it has blown my mind away. Just one quick question, one that has some people at Wookiepedia banging their heads against walls (hopefully not literally): this is the third time Moff Yage is referred to as "Ranulf", is that his real name? Is "Rulf" an abbreviation of "Ranulf"?

2. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Hey, we have Gunn "Gunner" Yage, Storm, Canon, Crasher--When I'm thinking about Blue and Cade, in my mind he calls her 'Dee'. So surely, Rulf can be a diminutive of Ranulf. Works for me.

3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I've just read some of the Quinlan Vos comics from the Republic series and thought they were fantastic, your art was great. These have made me really want to read the rest of the Republic series, and start the Legacy series. These comics were truly fantastic and definately ones that I'd read again.

4. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Thanks! Very happy to hear you enjoyed the Quin stories in the Republic series. I really had a great time drawing those issues--both Vos and Aayla were great characters to work on. Hope you get to read Legacy--it's another series I've had a blast with. Cade and crew are a lot of fun. :)

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I also just fairly recently read Republic; great job throughout. Quinlan Vos became a favorite character (would love to see what happens to him and especially his son). It'll be awhile until I get to Legacy, since I want to read some of the books that come before it, but it looks great.

Can't wait to see what else you and John have planned. I'd really like it to be connected with Quin's son, but I also wouldn't mind something really unique, like the comic you just recently announced.

6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Absolutely beatiful work on Legacy: War #4 (as if there was ever a doubt). Loved every panel, especially the sacrifice near the end! Can't wait for the two remaining issues. Or for whatever it is you and John have cooking up down the road.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hi! Are you and John still working on a new series (besided John's "Agent of the Empire"), and when do you think we'll be able to learn more about it?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  8. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I really enjoyed the Legacy comics. Is there a chance that we can see cade or the fel empire any soon again :)
    and by the way, Are Cade and Blue compatible?(in sense of can they have any Progeny?)

9. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Hi Ghost--You've probably heard by now that John and I are working on a new series called 'Dawn of the Jedi' for Dark Horse--taking us from the future with Legacy and into GFFA past--back to the events that lead to the formation of the Jedi Order!

10. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Hi Morrison85--Great to hear that you enjoyed Legacy. :) I wish we could see the Legacy crew again soon, but the series is on the shelf for now.

Are Cade and Blue compatible? I don't see why not--more diverse species than they have had offspring. Zeltrons are considered 'near human' or something-- basically humans with pink skin.

11. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    Jan: what was the genesis of the DOTJ project?

12. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    It was an idea that DH and LF had been kicking around for years. John and I were asked to develop the look and feel of the era for the series.

13. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    So very cool, thanks!! Looking forward to this greatly!

14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Due to her returning to Star Wars, I thought this topic might riiiiiiiise! You still with us here, @Jan_Duursema ?

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Jan Duursema SW art lives!

Tython Awakening and spicer like this.
  16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Welcome back to Star Wars comics Jan, you were missed!

17. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Nice to see old threads resurrected and given new life. Jan's artistic narration returns to Star Wars!

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    when I was digging for this thread I had to literally keep myself from ressurrecting dozens more in the process, oh the nostalgia.

19. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I must have missed some news. What’s the project?

20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    She is part of a team working on the special issue continuing the old Legends Marvel Run with #108. One time only special release but here is hoping for more work for her after that!

21. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    She also has come back for a project in the same vein as Dark Horse EU Star Wars comics. She is the penciller for the new licensed Avatar comics series at Dark Horse. How is this for SW Eu alumni?

Parsons, Duursema, and Dzioba worked together on the Dawn of the Jedi comics. Doug Wheatley is known for Dark Times. Add Ostrander and you get the Dawn of the Jedi creative team.

CREATORS
    Writer:
    Sherri L. Smith
    Penciller:
    Jan Duursema
    Inker:
    Dan Parson
    Colorist:
    Wes Dzioba
    Cover Artist:
    Doug Wheatley

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably my favorite Star Wars series was the 2000 Darth Maul mini-series. Great at and story. Wish they'd re-canonized it.