main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Goes a little past Pluto. The asteroids aren't there because they're smaller than the moon and the 1-pixel limit. The asteroid belt is essentially empty, which really disappoints me after Empire Strikes Back. Of course I completely ignore this in Jupiter Pirates....

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Jason, what, if anything, does yesterday's announcement mean for essential guides?

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I would imagine it at the very least means TERC is now little more than a giant paperweight.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Now they're called the Superfluous Guides.

5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    That is unless a Klingon Bird of Prey finds it first. Poor Pioneer 10.

Nobody145, Iron_lord and Gorefiend like this.
  6. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    jasonfry, Will the release of the remaining EGTW Author's Cut material be impacted in light of the recent Base Delta Zero order against parts of the EU? I really hope not with five more to go.[face_praying]

7. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Sooo....the cut content for the EGTW that's appearing on the blog is canon because it's being approved by the Story Group...but the EGTW itself is now non-canon. Correct?

8. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Only parts of the post-ROTJ, I assume.

9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I turned in the May Author's Cut a week or so before the announcement, and it was business as usual. So I'd expect them to come out. As to their canon status, I'd assume they're Legends content, similar to how Dark Horse has more titles coming out that will presumably have that canon status. But I don't know that for sure. BTW, Leland has been reviewing the Author's Cuts -- at least AFAIK, they haven't gone through the full Story Group.

Anyway, interesting times. We'll all figure it out. For now, I'm excited to share the rest of the entries whatever their status is. Some really fun stuff still to get out there and talk about.

10. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Well that's good news, much thanks.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, happy to see this stuff Legends or not.

Revanfan1 and purplerain like this.
  12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Considering that's it probably going to be the last LEU for the post-ROTJ era for some time, I'll be looking forward to the final ones very much.

13. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Gosh, if they all come out and the once-a-month schedule holds, they might be. That's ... strange.

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Riv_Shiel, Plaristes and jasonfry like this.
  15. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Personally I'd hope for a cache of newly discovered Brian Daley tales, but thank you.

Revanfan1, HedecGa, Riv_Shiel and 6 others like this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    I'm liking the Han and Lando trilogy re-releases with the Legends tag. The old artwork was cool, but this seems very streamlined and formal. Given the recent announcement.

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The design of my copy isn't that cool. It's the one with a small version of one of the covers in corner and the titles taking most of the cover space. I'm not going to change it for the cover but I think the new design is better.

18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I'm intrigued that Pablo Hidalgo's writing intros to these books -- he's one of the two or three people on earth who likes the Daley books even more than I do, though I'm really curious what he'll say about the Lando books. I have to confess I just sort of shrugged about those, both in '83 and on a re-read. They're ... well, they're definitely different.

19. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Whatever their cannon status is, I'll still be tremendously happy to read the stuff that didn't make it into the book.

Hell, just yesterday I bought a second copy of the Essential Atlas (because I gave my original copy to a friend as a gift). So yeah, I don't care about cannon status when it comes to these books because they are made of pure awesome. I've already bought several copies of the Warfare Guide as a present for some friends and each one of them liked the contents - even the ones who are more casual about Star Wars.

Whatever comes, Jason you have my eternal thanks for these great books.

20. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Didn't those also introduce the concept of Architects/Celestials, which sorta got resolved with the Mortis arc in TCW? I'm interested to see where LFL goes with that next. [face_thinking]

George and Dave were seen with a copy of the Atlas and Warfare, among other books, during TCW meetings. I'm sure those encyclopedias are at least used as resources actively moving forward. And, yes, thanks to Jason, Daniel and Paul for these goodies. :D

darthscott3457 likes this.
  21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Different, certainly. But still, Lando. That alone puts them in a category entirely of their own, second only to Lando Calrissian and the Teljkon Vagabond.

22. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm glad to say goodbye to literal Mortis. That literal Mortis was even allowed in the old EU completely defies logic.

23. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    It was a world of floating rocks that might have been illusions. Then we got a world of floating rocks at the end of the show. Meh.

24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Thanks DG. Very nice of you to say. I'm sure there are great adventures ahead. Interested to see what they'll be.

25. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Getting on a jetplane tomorrow for the start of the DK LEGO Star Wars tour to end all DK LEGO Star Wars tours. Here's the schedule -- come say hi and we'll talk each other off the post-EU ledge.

(Or onto it, depending on how we're feeling.)

Speaking of post-EU canon, I chatted about that and some other stuff with the good folks of Eleven-ThirtyEight. I was so verbose that they had to break the interview into two pieces. Here's the first one.