main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

I don't. And if for some reason I did, I'd have to keep it to myself. Sorry!

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Next you'll be telling us you haven't read the TFA screenplay yet. [face_talk_hand]

3. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    One minor update for geography fans: I wouldn't expect that long-promised Atlas appendix update until spring. LFL is a little busy these days, as you might imagine; I have a limited number of spots for blog posts on the official site; and the two have to be coordinated. Nothing worrisome, just a delay.

4. janomoogo

janomoogo Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2014
    Do you know the Contact email adress of Del Rey? I havent found anything.

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    ecustomerservice@randomhouse.com

6. janomoogo

janomoogo Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2014
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Since this is now the random question thread, I'm going to ask Jason if he can do my homework for me.

Wait, I don't have homework anymore. Well, can you mow my lawn? --dammit, I don't have one of those either.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jSarek, CooperTFN, Marco1907 and 2 others like this.
  8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Jason, can you muzzle Jello for me?

jSarek and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

The joke is, if this were spring I actually would mow your lawn. That used to be one of my go-to activities for subconsciously working out plot problems while writing. It's mindless enough that you go into this meditative state where your brain can work through stuff pretty effectively. Now that I have a postage-stamp-sized lawn and a push mower that doesn't work, I miss it.

Hmm. Perhaps there's a Star Wars contest in here somewhere. Jason Fry mows your lawn! John Jackson Miller paints your fence! Mike Kogge reorganizes your sock drawer!

10. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Hey, no Mr Denning, my fence is good, but there is a litter box that needs cleaning...

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I feel kinda weird breaking Jason Fry news in Jason Fry's thread, but.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My imaginary lawn can wait, a canon TIE story sounds wonderful.

Hopefully we'll get Baron Fel from Legends instead of Baron Fail from Rebels :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Random Comments and CooperTFN like this.
  13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Or we get Hublin back ;)

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Stele.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    No one cares about Stele, Hublin has a iffing ceremonial sabre and married a noble title. :p

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I totally thought it was the blast shield story for a second, because I don't read very closely.

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Will be interested in reactions to this post on starwars.com. I look at the sports vs. Star Wars Venn diagram and make a plea for seeing similarities rather than differences. And, OK, I also rant a bit about the term "sportsball."

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I guess you'd call yourself a Sports Justice Warrior?

19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    What was the old Onion article - "Walking sports database mocks walking sci-fi database"? (The joke being that, really, they were the same type of person)

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I was with that article right up until the end - growing up for eighteen years with a father and brother who were very passionate, very ecumenical sports fans has made it abundantly clear that the fact that I find sports boring is not just because I haven't given them a chance.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think the point of the article is that people who's interests differ can still be friends.

22. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    I'll always admire the answer you gave me when I posed the "1962 Mets or Jar-Jar Binks" question to you in San Diego a few years back.

jasonfry likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I think the verdict came down on that one as soon as you typed the word Manichean. :D

Anyway, I'm only occasionally into sports (the Olympics, my home team until it won the World Series and then betrayed me, and when the Yankees were in town -- sorry Jason, AL fan here) but I often wonder that more history buffs aren't into it. There isn't an exact congruence between history fans and SW fans, but the people who post in this forum definitely are in both camps. There's a lot of history and pageantry that goes into sports.

And given that both the ancient and modern Olympics regularly crossed into geopolitical high politics, one would think that it's a given. The ceremonials alone should fascinate anybody interested in world cultures, especially in self-representation and/or propagandizing.

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I know. It's just always a little annoying to hear the "try it, you might like it" message about something that I have tried.

And yes, I do get that not every part of this article was meant specifically for me personally.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, it reads like it's meant for those who dismissed it out of hand, rather than those who have tried and it wasn't for them so I think you're OK in either event

jasonfry likes this.