main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I think I may have asked this previously in the thread, but hey, even if it's a repeat, it's still generating some discussion about one of the EU's most essential and greatest assets.

I've been told repeatedly that the Essential Atlas is the greatest invention of mankind, so obviously I'd like to read it. I'm just wondering: how heavily does it detail the NJO and beyond? I only ask because, as I'm fond of pointing out, I haven't read that yet, and somehow have remained relatively spoiler free (minus the deaths, of course).

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Atlas definitely covers the Vong War in detail, along with a map or two showing battles and events in the war. It also fully covers DN and LOTF.

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    READ THE GODDAMN NJO.

But, yeah, it's got pretty solid coverage, so READ THE GODDAMN NJO FIRST.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Your mods, ladies and gentlemen.

Cronal and Rogue_Follower like this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love how Essential Guide to Warfare explains the Great Hyperspace War and First Great Schism! Ancient Sith history has always intrigued me!

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I loved the depiction of the Alsakan Conflicts - almost completely undeveloped since an offhand mention in the WEG Corporate Sector handbook; the Crusades, a look at a previously unused period of history; and the cleanup of the remnants of the Confederacy, aka the 'glory days' of the Empire. Fantastic stuff.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Jayk Szarii

Jayk Szarii Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    I'm in.

LelalMekha likes this.
  8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

same here. I wanna see cut content.

LelalMekha and darklordoftech like this.
  9. Jayk Szarii

Jun 13, 2013
    Who doesn't? Unless it's deleted scenes from the PT, of course...

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey, Qui-Gon Jinn's conversation with Yoda in RotS needs to see the light day beyond the novelization.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Jayk Szarii

Jun 13, 2013

True, true, that would've been nice to see.

12. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    If you're curious, a conversation with Barnes & Noble about the Clone Wars Episode Guide, the show, and more.

Gorefiend likes this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    jasonfry

I've been curious about the last remaining Imperial officer at the briefing. Circle wise he sits on Cass' left in a whitish uniform. Did you develop a story for him, if so, what is it, even though it wasn't canon officially, I'd like to know personally.

14. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

I did, but need to keep it under wraps since it never went to LFL for approval. Ain't nothin' canon till Leland says yes, and "I-was-gonna-do-X" semi-canon just confuses things on Wookieepedia and risks tying the hands of future authors/creators. Sorry!

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I haven't picked up your Clone Wars episode guide yet, but I was wondering if the entry on the Mon Cala arc clarified the monarchy shown in the episode with the democracy that the prior EU had established Dac to be? I suppose it could be a constitutional monarchy, or even just a ceremonial monarchy, but did you tackle this or have any thoughts/opinions on it?

--Adm. Nick

LelalMekha likes this.
  16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There's also the fact that Dac now has two capitals.

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Didn't tackle Dac's government, sorry. Not really the venue for that kind of thing.

18. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Oh well, any hope it will ever see the light? Maybe in a Rogues' Gallery in Star Wars Insider in a future issue?

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Just gonna leave this here.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    According to leaks I've heard, his name is Grand Marshal Julio Eldorado, and he is the Imperial Commissioner of Trousers. He is in charge of the Imperial pants supply, and was visiting the Death Star for a summit over Grand Moff Tarkin's demand that the Empire move from a button to a zipper fly.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    jasonfry Why are Corruption through Assassin moved prior to Arc Troopers and Sphere of Influence in the new Clone Wars episode guide? I can't see why the broadcast order wasn't right here.

22. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Surely if Tarkin was grateful enough to promote a tailor to Grand Marshal, it would be someone who could hook him up with a decent pair of boots :p

23. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    The chronological order came from LFL....

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ok, that makes sense... I guess they didn't "explain themselves." ;) I'm asking Leland via Twitter but not sure if he'll answer. I had the same question about a Season 2 set of episodes also.

25. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Leland did go into the weeds on some of the reasons/clues in his series of blog posts, so perhaps he will here.

Honestly, a book's a big enough project that I was just happy to have that chunk of it done by someone else!