main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Jesus Q&A, Debate and Historical View thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lord Bane, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ok I've 2 questions...

let's say we find a scale or an hair of Jesus. Scientist of course want to examini the DNA

Would that mean that we have DNA of God??? :confused:

Second question after what events will Jesus Christ return? (If it possible exact story... )

2. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    A scale?

My own answer to the first part would be that you have the DNA of Jesus, a particular physical vessel for the Son of God. Being a spirit, God wouldn't have DNA. Using the DNA to make a Jesus clone wouldn't yeild the same results, I suspect. The new body may house a new spirit/soul but it wouldn't be the deity.

My two little credits.

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    A clone of Christ would definitely have a connection spiritually, somehow. But I too think it would a different spirit. Who knows....

4. Talon_Karrde_

Talon_Karrde_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2000
    I agree with DarthPhelps.

EDIT: Darth_Omega...The best way to find what you are looking for is to read Revelation. I would start at about chapter 7. There is soooo much that will happen, I would feel bad for posting something that long here.

D-'-,-'-,'-,-- Karrde

5. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Darth_Omega : Read the Book of Revelations which is the last book of the Bible. It explains the end times and what events (signs) will take place before the Second Coming of Christ.

It is a very hard book to understand at first, but with time and guidance from others, you can get a pretty good idea of what it is talking about.

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I've always wondering why Jesus is shown, to this day, as a caucasian male. Wouldn't he look more Middle Eastern/Mediterranean? ?[face_plain]

E_S

8. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Certainly: Jesus was JEWISH. I have no problem with children's Bibles slanting their pictures to suit the reader, but I cringe when people suggest that Jesus was anything but Jewish - either a blue-eyed Aryan OR an African.

I will say this:

Christian art can contain truth without being 100% factual. Say, if all our evidence indicates that Palestinian Jews of the first century were on the short side, it COULD be okay to depict Jesus as tall and commanding. It would portray Jesus in His role as the Messiah, even if it wasn't entirely accurate.

(The Psalmists often depict God as sitting on a throne, though any thoughtful man would conclude that God is NOT "an old man with a long white beard." The depiction of God as a human king is still useful in getting across His sovreignty. We shouldn't throw out useful metaphors just because they're merely metaphors.)

9. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Actually there are African and Blue eyed Jews now, and there were some during the life of Jesus.
    Whenever Jesus is pictured in artwork he generally looks racially similar to the artist or the people who the art was intended to be viewed by. This is not odd considering it helps people identify with his story.
    If there was a historical Jesus, his likeness was never portrayed while he was alive and his body has never been found. Even details in the bible are scarce as to what he actually looked like.
    So we probably will never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.