main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official John Ostrander Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 26, 2002.

1. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    The galaxy is a big place and they may well have been, by accident or design, in a place where they knew nothing about Luke and the NJO until much later. That's not impossible. There ar4e still places on Earth taht you can go and be out of contact for a long time.

Glad you're enjoying REPUBLIC and hope you'll enjoy LEGACY as well. let me know what you think.

All the best

John

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, that's true. I know SW has the tendency to treat planets like they're cities or Countries, but considering how long we've been on Earth and not found everything, and that the PT Jedi most likely don't want to be found, I'm sure they could hide well in one of the hundreds (thousands? I honestly have no idea how many planets are in SW) of worlds.

It'll be a little while until I get to Legacy, since I want to read some of the later Del Ray stuff before getting to it, but I'm honestly fairly confident I'll like it. I've read a couple of previews, looks to be great stuff.

I'm getting close to finishing Republic, so I'll be sure to let you know what I think after finishing it. I'm hoping A'sharad makes some more appearances near the end, it seems like you got a little bored of him :)

Also, random question while I'm blabbing... how do you pronounce T'ra Saa's first name? Is the T silent, or is it tuh-rah?

3. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Tuh-rah is correct. I wanted to call her Tuh-rah-rah Boom-ti-yay but Jan objected.<g>

-- John

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Just in case anyone's interested, the first 8 issues of John's legendary run on Suicide Squad have finally been collected in the TPB Trial by Fire. I only hope that sales are strong enough to see further volumes.

Now if only they'd get back to collects The Spectre!

5. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Thanks, Mastadge, and I agree on both wishes!

-- John

6. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    For those of you who are planning to go to C2E2 (sounds like a droid) in Chi9cago, I'm planning on attending. Check at the DH booth for when i'll be around. I think I'm also supposed to be on the DH SW panel on Sunday.

-- John

7. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Just read Legacy: War #4; loved it! Can't wait for the final two issues. Or the series you're doing with Jan next. Or Agent of the Empire...man, you people really are trying to bleed us dry aren't you?!

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm liking the sound of Agent of the Empire because it sounds very different than what we're used to. Jedi are my favorite part of SW, but it's nice to get away from them for awhile (even if the protagonist has some force sensitivity).

I've liked everything I've read from you and Jan, though I think I'm hoping your next series deals with something in the OT part of the timeline. If not for the old Marvel comics, I think that part would feel a bit empty after Rebellion ends. I think there's a lot of potential in something between all of the Bantam books, between the two Thrawn series. Expand the roles of some of the Jedi in Luke's order, add some new ones (one thing that kind of bugs me is how diversified the OJO is with aliens and humans, but Luke's seems to be mostly human). Could star characters like Kyle Katarn and his two apprentices (also something that could be expanded on), Kyp Durron, and of course the big three.

Just an idea. My only worry would be if it would be boring, since there's no huge conflict like the Clone Wars or the rule of the Empire to deal with. Also, while I'm sure fans would love it, it might not have the same appeal to bring in new fans that some of your other titles have.

9. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    Hello John!
    It´s kinda strange being posting a question to you, you´re the big one in Star Wars comics. I have really liked Republic and Legacy, and I´m liking Legacy-War (but I think Legacy should had continued) and I have some questions...
    Do you have in mind how Quinlan Vos life continued after Republic? Are all teh rodians jedis the same person? And... there are any Legacy planned stoylines you could´t do with Legacy abrupt cancelation?

10. Skuldren

Skuldren Jedi Knight

Mar 14, 2007
    Hi John, just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy birthday. I love the story work you've done with Legacy and Legacy - War. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

11. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Just for those who are interested -- I've written some new Amanda Waller (from SUICIDE SQUAD and elsewhere) on a site called drwaller.net. I'll explain more later but I think you'll find it fun. It ties into the upcoming Green Lantern film.

And I'll be back soon to answer more notes. Just gotten tied up with deadlines.

-- John

12. tomhealey

tomhealey Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2011
    Hi john.

Is Boba fett going to bo be making an appearence in agent of the empire. He is one of my favourite characters and it would be great to see him with the new comic book characters. Also when is agent of the empire first issue due to be released. I know its december but hoping to buy it before i go on holiday..

13. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    No Fett appearances planned at the moment BUT there's no reason he might not. In fact, I think it would make good sense if he did at some point. Not sure of the exact sale date for issue 1 of AotE.

-- John

14. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    1) Actually, I don't know. I haven't spent any time really thinking about what Vod might or might not have done after Republic. Sorry.
    2) You'd think so, wouldn't you?<g>
    3) probably but I won't speculate on what we MIGHT have done. I'm too busy working on AGENT OF THE EMPIRE and jan's and my next series.

-- John

15. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Hey John, I bought the Quinlan Vos Omni a coupla months ago, and I stopped by to say that it was all very good.

Also, what is the IU date for the first arc of Dawn of the Jedi?

16. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    According to this interview:

17. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    John:

WOW! I cannot wait for "Dawn of the Jedi," it is the SW story I have been waiting to read since '77! Coupla questions:

1. Is this something you pitched to Dark Horse, or that DH pitched to you?

2. Given the Grail-like nature of this assignment, was Lucas (Or Lucasfilm) consulted at all on this portion of Jedi mythology/history? (I know that some elements of the TOTJ series came from GL...according to KJA, anyway.)

3. Will you be factoring in the "Mortis Trilogy" of episodes from The Clone Wars?

4. Are you culling anything from the early script drafts of Star Wars?

As a die-die-hard "Legacy" fanatic, I can't tell you how eagerly I am waiting to get my greedy hands on these comics!!

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Hi Again John,

I'm just wondering if you've had time to take a look(either from close or far) at the small additions that Paul Kemp is making to the Legacy era, in terms of him suggesting that the One Sith were heavily involved in cloning to swell their numbers.

Is this something you had tucked away in your own idea trunk or something he came up with by himself?

Thanks
    Rob

19. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    I wonder how are the wookies going too dissapear again after appearing ahead of time in DOTJ.

20. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    To put an end to the age-old debate, and to move this back up to where it rightfully belongs.

Treis Sinde: black, white, or something in between?

gizmodeus likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You're not supposed to ask the authors you fool! Then we'll have nothing left to debate!

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You underestimate our powers over minutiae.

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    We'll just move on to Draco.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Why not? Everybody else is.

Yes, still annoyed about that.