main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official John Ostrander Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 26, 2002.

1. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Wookies and Imperials haven't been a good mix in the past so i can't see Wookies becoming stormtroopers..

-- John

2. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    We did talk but I wouldn't claim I was a big influence on it the way JJM has been with KotOR one. But I have high hopes for it and can't wait to see it.

-- John

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The Brigade is a demographic now? Cool. ;)

I've got a non-Star Wars question, John, and I hope it's okay to ask here. I picked up a copy of Suicide Squad: From the Ashes this weekend and enjoyed it very much! Is there more after that? (I tried checking DC's site, but it wasn't very helpful - or I'm not smart enough to work it, lol.)

4. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Nothing more from the Squad SINCE that series although you might be able to find collected runs of the original series on e-bay. Youy might also like GRIMJACK if you like my SW stuff and the Squad. There's a free GN length story over on comicmix.com if you're interested. Thanks, Trace.

-- John

5. K2F2R42222233

K2F2R42222233 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2008
    Mr.Ostrander,
    I am assuming that you are a fan of Gilad Pellaeon since you named a Star Destroyer and a
    Garden after him.

6. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Got my copy of Legacy vol. 5 last week, and once again there is no lack of awesome anywhere!! I dug the greasy, fatter Sam Elliot that is Nat Skywalker. (I knew there was another!) So does this mean that some of Nat's kids may be force sensitives and that in later issues we may see some of them develope their own nun-chuk skills...?

7. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I like the LATER Pellaeon well enough but it also makes sense to me that, given his stature in the Remnant, he would be remembered thus.

-- John

8. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Glad you liked it. Keep in mind that Nat's kids are actually adopted (or, in Ahnah's case. Droo's daughter by her first husband). He loves them as his own and they love him back but they're not direct descendants.

-- John

9. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    Mr. Ostrander
    This is a Idea that you should name the coalition between Gar Stazi and Roan Fel; the Empire Alliance in Star Wars Legacy 36: Renegade?

10. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm sorry but I'm not clear on the question. You think the new alliance between Gar Stazi's GA forces and Roan Fel's Imperial Forces should be called the Empire Alliance?

-- John

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hopefully not. :p

I think that he was asking if the coalition between the GA Remnant, Fel Loyalists, and Jedi will be given an official title or not. Kinda like how the forces working against the Axis powers during WWII were refered to as the Allied Powers, or Allies for short.

--Adm. Nick

12. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    yes, because they have the same goal of getting rid of the sith also they want to both restore order and peace. This is my idea

13. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Hello John, there was something I've wondering for awhile. With the majority of Legacy's stories taking place in 137 ABY, and some like Ghosts and Claws of the Dragon spanning across weeks, will we be seeing things continue on into 138 ABY anytime soon?

14. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    let's see if they can actually play nice together before we worry about a name.<g>

-- John

15. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Interesting question. It sort of depends on when the series started, doesn't it? if it started EARLY in 137 then it could be a while. If it started LATE in 137, it could be pretty soon. I'll consult with Jan and Randy.

-- John

16. Obie-2-Kenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    I was at work a few nights ago and it was a particularly slow evening so I was able to catch a flick with a few of my co-workers. The in-house movie that night was Alien 4. I had never seen it and about fell out my chair when Jeriah Syn made an appearance! Were the similarities in the characters on purpose, or was it just coincedental?

17. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Coincidental. I've never seen the movie and I don't think Jan has, either, although I could be wrong.

-- John

18. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Hi Mr. Ostrander,

I was wondering: will there be a story on Konrad Rus, Astraal Vao and the Imperial Mission any time soon? Apart from brief mentions, they seemed to have disappeared into the background since the first story arc. It's an aspect of the Empire that I find intriguing because of its apparent non-militaristic focus.

19. Obie-2-Kenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    You're not missing anything, the movie is terrible. The coolest part was a younger Gary Dourdan doing his best Jeriah impression.

20. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    For those who might be interested, there is a video interview of both myself and Jan shot at the NYCC at:

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=26510

-- John

21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Neat interview. I especially like the spoilers about Cade having a "homecoming" on everyone's favorite backwater world. All we need now is a Force Ghost of Kol Skywalker to show up and we can have one interesting family reunion. :p

Joking aside, I cannot wait until we get to that three issue arc. Even a hardcore GA fan like myself is still interested in what is going to happen to Cade. :)

--Adm. Nick

22. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Awesome interview! You and Jan look so sweet.[face_love] I just love the whole Tatooine thing. But that's redundant as I'm always quite excited about every issue.;)

23. DARTHJOESITHLORD

DARTHJOESITHLORD Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2009
    Hey, new poster here, only been on here for around a month. I'm just curious, are we going to being seeing a Sith Blademaster anytime soon? You know the Jedi had a swordmaster who was one of the best fighters in the order, I think Kyle Katarn and Cin Drallig were the swordmasters of there respective time periods, I would think the New Sith would have someone like that to instruct the younger Sith in combat and to help quell any potential uprising. Also I for one think it would be neat to introduce a young male Sith, like an apprentice, who is still trying to learn how to be a Sith Lord, as a character, It would open up an interesting viewpoint into the inner workings of the New Sith in the aftermath of the Dark Lord's death. I'm kind of a geek when it comes to star wars lore and so I really want to see the workings of the New Sith, we've seen it from the view of the Sith Masters and the Dark Lord, and from Cade, the outsiders point of view, but not from the point of view of a young Sith Lord who is trying to find his way in the galaxy.

24. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Rus and the IM WILL be showing up soon. . .ish.

-- John

25. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    We have such a LARGE cast of characters at the moment, some of whom haven't been seen in a while, that we have to be careful about how many new characters we keep throwing in. Do they advance the central story in some way? Your idea is interesting but it would take us away from Cade and company or the other characters, such as Gar Stazi, all of whom have fans of their own. I'm not saying no but don't look for anything like that in the immediate future. We covered some of the Sith internal workings in CLAWS OF THE DRAGON and we have other things planned that will tie directly into out main stories.

BTW, thanks for posting.

All the best

John